lack of new Star Wars games is disturbing....

There will be a bunch of Star Wars games. Battlefront is the massive multiplayer game (with little content though). I'm sure we'll see some space shooters which will steal Squadron 42's thunder, some action adventure games, some action RPG and shooters. Lots of games with SP and or MP in mind. Maybe even an RTS; there was one some years back.

With 5 more new Star Wars movies hitting theatres in the next few years you bet they're going to milk it as much as they can.

I've wanted a sequel to Academy for so long. It's funny, I remember at the time it came out the game got a lot of hate. People were not happy that you didn't play as Kyle. Even without mods I think Academy has some of the best lightsaber usage in a Star Wars game. In most games you might as well be swinging a neon bat around, but at least with Academy it felt a little better.

There will be a bunch of Star Wars games. Battlefront is the massive multiplayer game (with little content though). I'm sure we'll see some space shooters which will steal Squadron 42's thunder, some action adventure games, some action RPG and shooters. Lots of games with SP and or MP in mind. Maybe even an RTS; there was one some years back.

With 5 more new Star Wars movies hitting theatres in the next few years you bet they're going to milk it as much as they can.

Ok sure, but TFA just came out, there is a huge SW buzz right now (and for the past 6 months), and the only game we got is freaking Battlefront EA nonsense. So...

Ok sure, but TFA just came out, there is a huge SW buzz right now (and for the past 6 months), and the only game we got is freaking Battlefront EA nonsense. So...

I heard theres a dating sim coming out where you play as Kylo Ren and try to woo emo girls on tumblr by whining about what a jerk your dad is.

I really liked Republic Commando. It is one of the few games I actually finished. However they really screwed the pooch not making the game multiplayer co-op. I think someone should make a 2~4 player co-op game from a Rebel squad perspective.

I really liked Republic Commando. It is one of the few games I actually finished. However they really screwed the pooch not making the game multiplayer co-op. I think someone should make a 2~4 player co-op game from a Rebel squad perspective.

It's weird I really liked that game too, going to have to get that one again.

i was looking at the mod page of that game, seems there is multiplayer. maybe a mod patch? :confused:

I think republic C. was a very cool idea. It was a little before my time and the graphics have not aged well. Its one of those titles thats doesnt even have options above something like 1600x1200 if I recall correctly. Its a shame i wish someone would put some texture love into like they did with Doom 3.

Its a shame the clones stories were so underutilized in the prequels. I think the clone war was first introduced shortly after the original trilogy and fans had been demanding more on it ever since. It wasn't until the cartoon that they were really fleshed out and as I recall the episodes dedicated to the clones are still the most popular.

I think I lost interest in the Republican commandos after maybe the second chapter the textures were so large it literally made it difficult to navigate the maps.

I think republic C. was a very cool idea. It was a little before my time and the graphics have not aged well. Its one of those titles thats doesnt even have options above something like 1600x1200 if I recall correctly. Its a shame i wish someone would put some texture love into like they did with Doom 3.

Its a shame the clones stories were so underutilized in the prequels. I think the clone war was first introduced shortly after the original trilogy and fans had been demanding more on it ever since. It wasn't until the cartoon that they were really fleshed out and as I recall the episodes dedicated to the clones are still the most popular.

I think I lost interest in the Republican commandos after maybe the second chapter the textures were so large it literally made it difficult to navigate the maps.

mods fix that.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-republic-commando-graphics-fix

Back