• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

L4D2 Straw Poll

Are you buying L4D2?

  • I've already preordered or plan to in the near future

    Votes: 74 27.4%
  • I'm planning to buy it once I see some reviews after release

    Votes: 29 10.7%
  • I'll buy it when it's deeply discounted (50% or less)

    Votes: 122 45.2%
  • Valve won't see a penny of my money for this "sequel"

    Votes: 45 16.7%

  • Total voters
    270
Huh?

Gave up trying to make sense of that about half way through. I was simply implying that the boycott group would be smaller if they were called on their commitment. I don't believe that not a single one of those 41k+ people will buy L4D2. After all, these are the people who care enough about the original to want to protest about the sequel. I can imagine Valve throwing them a bone in the form of a map pack or two, and then everyone can be best mates again without feeling like they've compromised their principles.

I think most of those boycotters will end up buying it.
 
Indeed, I imagine L4D players are a fickle bunch. When the boycotters realise they are missing out then they will buy it

Miss out on what exactly? 5 new campaigns...so what? There's like a bajillion user made ones and of those there is already a good number of campaigns at least as fun as the original maps.

Valves pathetic attempt at re-releasing their idea with a few tweaks is going to fade into obscurity in comparison to the massive amount of user made content available. Someone will probably rip the new maps as user content for L4D anyway :cool:
 
Miss out on what exactly? 5 new campaigns...so what? There's like a bajillion user made ones and of those there is already a good number of campaigns at least as fun as the original maps.

Valves pathetic attempt at re-releasing their idea with a few tweaks is going to fade into obscurity in comparison to the massive amount of user made content available. Someone will probably rip the new maps as user content for L4D anyway :cool:

We already know your stance on L4D2. You really have a habit of repeating yourself.
 
Never played the first, but man, they look so much fun, and when was the last time Valve did a game bad.

I'll snag the combo pack and play em both.

Need some downtime in Aion play anyway
 
A moment of clarity...

Yeah, I'm buying L4D2. I confess I dislike the idea of buying incremental upgrades as full products. (a la Madden & EA sports games) But I don't think that's the case with L4D2; there's enough new content for me to pull the trigger.
 
A moment of clarity...

That's funny, have you read what it says on the L4D box? :D

Here's the image

20091007.jpg
 
Dumb? I thought it was nicely done.

I guess it depends if you come from the for or against crowd, mileage may vary

I'm in the not buying because I didn't like the first ones lack of replay value crowd. I guess that makes me a boycotter. I also boycott tampons as Im a dude and they are uncomfortable for me to wear.
 
Back
Top