L4d - new campaign next month

but what's particularly intriguing about it is that it's designed to provide a streamlined Versus mode experience in 30 minutes.
what does this mean?

and lol @ Xbox users have to pay for this.

Where are all you people who were complaining a couple months ago? Get the hell back in here and apologize to Valve!

A 2 level campaign? Some random dudes can give us Death Aboard, a huge massive and quality campaign, and Valve takes almost a year to build us a 2 level campaign?

Seems more like a quick reaction to all the negative press the L4D2 announcement got them. Appreciate the gesture, but like haitu said, too little too late.

You must not play l4d very much, or you must have some ungodly streak of good luck where upon you hardly experience rage quitters. This 2 chapter campaign is designed to minimize rage quitters that only like to play certain levels or only have the attention span of a 2 year old.

I read the spoilers...it's pretty damn an intense 2 chapter campaign. Let's just say shit hits the fan real quick.

I'm not going to lie, I'm looking forward to it. But my initial reaction is still that it's a "Kiss and make up" move rather than a full fledged campaign they've been working on for a while.

Hope i'm wrong!

I'm not going to lie, I'm looking forward to it. But my initial reaction is still that it's a "Kiss and make up" move rather than a full fledged campaign they've been working on for a while.

Hope i'm wrong!

I read over my reply; I think I sounded like someone pissed in my cereal. My apologies if I came off as such.

I suppose I am glad they're still supporting this game and actually releasing stuff for it. Only time will tell what becomes of L4D after L4D2's release. Having said that, I'm sure the majority will flock to L4D2 anyway, which is fine if they integrate it right so that we don't have to exit the game and launch L4D if we want to play the original campaigns.

If they do something like Supreme Commander where you can buy the standalone expansion pack and play with everyone else, just not using the factions of the original game, I'm cool with that (or did I get that game mixed up with another game that has the same mechanism?).

thank god for some good user made maps lol, its nice there ding this but its the map making community thats keepin this game really alive IMO

haha how does valve do it with those posters. Zoey looks more like a man in every poster.

Where are all you people who were complaining a couple months ago? Get the hell back in here and apologize to Valve!

they still have not fulfill their promise..

where is the new weapon? new infected? a small as map does not do anything to fill their promise..

Do you think Valve would be doing this if people didn't complain? Doesn't make much business sense to do this for free if your already working on another game that is due out in a few months. Either way the people who complained made sure Valve knew how they felt. I think Valve responded to that.

Do you think Valve would be doing this if people didn't complain? Doesn't make much business sense to do this for free if your already working on another game that is due out in a few months. Either way the people who complained made sure Valve knew how they felt. I think Valve responded to that.

I think they were planning it regardless, since they have a habit of doing it with their games.

they still have not fulfill their promise..

where is the new weapon? new infected? a small as map does not do anything to fill their promise..

dam I didn't realize Valve owed you so much..

/sarcasm off

A 2 level campaign? Some random dudes can give us Death Aboard, a huge massive and quality campaign, and Valve takes almost a year to build us a 2 level campaign?

Seems more like a quick reaction to all the negative press the L4D2 announcement got them. Appreciate the gesture, but like haitu said, too little too late.
The people who made Death Aboard didn't have to go through quality control either. They also just reused Valve's props instead of making their own...that's what takes the most time along with the optimization and balance, not just throwing brushes together.

Actually.. I'm pretty sure if people didn't voice themselves in the first place, we wouldn't have this update.

Bingo! We have a winner :)

Actually.. I'm pretty sure if people didn't voice themselves in the first place, we wouldn't have this update.

Pretty much like what happened with Bioshock. If people didn't complain about the draconian DRM system, Bioshock would have install limits per user, per OS install and per hardware fingerprint, much longer than it did.

I hate it when games have limitations like DRM on them. I know this has been said over and over again... but pirates get more freedom than the people like us who pay for it. Grr, hating on the DRM people, not pirates, really.

I think a change in digital distribution is coming sometime in the future.. Google/Entrepaneur sites might pave the way. They make tons of money and barely sell actual physical products.

Ya cause valve stops updating there games the instant they come out. come on.. that's bs and you know it.

Guys.. has anyone here been trying custom campaigns? There are some quality ones out there, seriously, give them a go. Out of the two I've tried-- BOTH were fantastic. My two favorites: "Dam It" and "Death Aboard". Get em. L4D has plenty of life left, I can assure you.

http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?op...-aboard-update-inbound&catid=2:news&Itemid=13

http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=896

I just wish some of the betas were marked better.

Sure it might say 80% complete, but that 20% happens to be in the beginning totally pissing everyone off. Others reuse way too many props from other maps. It seems like every other user map has a parking garage in it.....

But there are some good ones. Night Terror and Dam It are good. Not a huge fan of Death Aboard though.

Lot of entitlement babies in this thread.:rolleyes:

I will play the campaign and I also will purchase L4D2.

I really need to get round to playing L4D. It been sitting in my Steam games and never touched.

I can't see why Valve owe us anything, it would be nice to see more content but it's never a given.

I can't see why Valve owe us anything, it would be nice to see more content but it's never a given.

Mainly because there are lots of clips of them saying it was a given, that's all.

I haven't tried Night Terror yet, but Death Abroad is killer. That boat level and the finale is as good as anything in the main campaigns. Downing Night Terror now.

power plant is a great campaign for a first run through. its got its bug but theres tons of traps n the game. Your first run through has you on your seat the entire way through cause you never know whats gonna get you next lol.

I love playing L4D with my friends. But I agree that this is rediculous that Valve is pushing out a 30 min 2 level campaign. I think that my friends and I could build something just as good in a week. Also will anyone really give a crap when it wont come out till September, two months before the sequel comes out. If Valve wanted to seem like they were really trying to support L4D 1 they would need to release something pretty spectacular....last month.

I'm excited. L4D is all about versus, and you people that are complaining about the SP campaigns should have researched the game before you bought it.

This new versus map sounds badass.

Back