KT-600 Case

Hello,

Have had this case for two weeks now. However, I noticed that it is noisy. I already installed a quiet heatsink but whenever I play blu-ray movies the CPU fan becomes too loud. When I remove the top cover the CPU fans seems to spin slower and noise dies down, but still loud.

Do you have any suggestions to reduce the noise? Below are my specs:
- Athlon X2 5400
- Cooler Master Vortex 752 HSF
- 2 GB DDR2 RAM
- Asus M3A76-CM mobo
- Samsung 160GB HDD
- Asus GT 430 1 GB Video Card

Last edited:
Hello,

Have had this case for two weeks now. However, I noticed that it is noisy. I already installed a quiet heatsink but whenever I play blu-ray movies the CPU fan becomes too loud. When I remove the top cover the CPU fans seems to spin slower and noise dies down, but still loud.

Do you have any suggestions to reduce the noise? Below are my specs:
- Athlon X2 5400
- Cooler Master Vortex 752 HSF
- 2 GB DDR2 RAM
- Asus M3A76-CM mobo
- Samsung 160GB HDD
- Asus GT 430 1 GB Video Card

Huh...curious. Mine isn't terribly loud. Make sure all your drives are secured tightly to prevent vibration. Also, it sounds like your CPU cooler might be starved for air??? Maybe add a couple fans there next to the CPU to help either feed it air or draw hot air out (depending on your setup). And I think you can also set your fans speeds in the BIOS to vary at different temps. Watch your temps and see how they behave between idle and load (blueray watching). Adjust accordingly to get the fan to spin slower.

Has anyone looked closely at the LCD? Does it use a replaceable button type battery to store the date and time information?

Has anyone come across any documentation on the LCD?

Thanks!

Has anyone looked closely at the LCD? Does it use a replaceable button type battery to store the date and time information?

Has anyone come across any documentation on the LCD?

Thanks!
If you look on the back of the board you will find a .com printed on it. I tried looking up more info but I can't read Chinese. My LCD crapped out as well within a few days. It does have a battery to store the time and date just like a CMOS, I think it is the same 2032 battery.

I've got an answer. It is a 2032 user replaceable battery. If the LCD is failing, try changing it.

IMG_0767.JPG

IMG_0769.JPG

IMG_0772.JPG

Last edited:
No problem. Some of the wiring on the LCD board looks like a hack job at best. See the first picture.

No wonder these are buggy.

Couldn't get to the company who manufactured this part: www.szwenan.com

Considering the exposed wiring and how close the PS sits to it, I'm wondering if the PS makes contact and shorts something out. When I took the power supply out to program the LCD, I rebooted several times and the LCD worked every time. When I put the power supply back in, it came up buggy and kept beeping.

I pulled the PS out again, programmed the LCD, re-seated the battery, and this time I was very careful about how I put the PS back in. It booted correctly.

Of course, it will be off all day today, so when I get home tonight it will be the real test!

I do have a question about the fan sensor. My MB has an intelligent fan connector that allow the fans to slow down and be quiet when not needed, that's where I connected the fan, NOT to the connector from the LCD. Is there a way to rig it so that the LCD also sees the fan and can report the speed?

On another note, everything else appears to be working and in good order. I know I'll be repeating some information previously posted in this thread, but...

* The packaging was good and it was brand new. Came with a bag of mounting hardware. No fans. Plastic film protecting the front face.
* Spot on the back of the case for an 80mm and two 120mm on the side. Note that you'll need 120 x 120 x 20 to get them to fit.
* Case is solid.
* Manual for the power supply, no manual for the case itself, the LCD, or IR mounting.
* The HD and DVD mounts are removable. I'm having the "door close" issue. Time to get out the dremel for a little shaving.
* Settings for the LCD are behind the power supply, so you have to remove it to access. Not easy, but not hard either.
* Motherboard connectors off the LCD for HDD. Temp sensor probes off the LCD for HD, CPU, and Video Card.
* Came with a remote, IR receiver, and IR blaster.
* These have to be mounted to the front of the case (receiver) and a back slot cover which is included (blaster), then connected to a MB USB header.
* I won’t be using either of these as I’ll be using the sensor from my current desktop.
* No issues with the power supply. It's booting the system without issue. Don't see the need for a different one as I'll never push it that far with my HTPC.
* Connected the front USB and card reader to MB USB headers and both are working without issue.
* Connected the HD audio connector to the MB header. Haven't tried this yet. It's still not in it's final resting place as I load it up with HTPC goodness.

All in all, I'm happy with the solid construction and look of this case especially for the price.

Last edited:
* The HD and DVD mounts are removable. I'm having the "door close" issue. Time to get out the dremel for a little shaving.
price.

Just out of curiosity, is everyone having this issue using a single piece frontplate/cd sled drive? I ask because I have 3 drives, all of which you can easily pop off the front plate from the sled and that took care of the "door close" issue... like butter.

I can't tell from the pic of that specific drive (but it looks like the non-writing version of one that I have). Generally you can tell if its all molded as 1 piece, but those are super rare. Basically if you take it easy, don't torque it too much, grabbing the sled close to the plate so you don't break anything, you should be able to pop the plate off by pushing up on it, one side at a time. That's how I've always done it at least.

No problem. Some of the wiring on the LCD board looks like a hack job at best. See the first picture.

No wonder these are buggy.

Couldn't get to the company who manufactured this part: www.szwenan.com

Considering the exposed wiring and how close the PS sits to it, I'm wondering if the PS makes contact and shorts something out. When I took the power supply out to program the LCD, I rebooted several times and the LCD worked every time. When I put the power supply back in, it came up buggy and kept beeping.

I pulled the PS out again, programmed the LCD, re-seated the battery, and this time I was very careful about how I put the PS back in. It booted correctly.

Of course, it will be off all day today, so when I get home tonight it will be the real test!

I do have a question about the fan sensor. My MB has an intelligent fan connector that allow the fans to slow down and be quiet when not needed, that's where I connected the fan, NOT to the connector from the LCD. Is there a way to rig it so that the LCD also sees the fan and can report the speed?

On another note, everything else appears to be working and in good order. I know I'll be repeating some information previously posted in this thread, but...

* The packaging was good and it was brand new. Came with a bag of mounting hardware. No fans. Plastic film protecting the front face.
* Spot on the back of the case for an 80mm and two 120mm on the side. Note that you'll need 120 x 120 x 20 to get them to fit.
* Case is solid.
* Manual for the power supply, no manual for the case itself, the LCD, or IR mounting.
* Settings for the LCD are behind the power supply, so you have to remove it to access. Not easy, but not hard either.
* Motherboard connectors off the LCD for HDD. Temp sensor probes off the LCD for HD, CPU, and Video Card.
* Came with a remote, IR receiver, and IR blaster.
* These have to be mounted to the front of the case (receiver) and a back slot cover which is included (blaster), then connected to a MB USB header.
* I won’t be using either of these as I’ll be using the sensor from my current desktop.
* No issues with the power supply. It's booting the system without issue. Don't see the need for a different one as I'll never push it that far with my HTPC.
* Connected the front USB and card reader to MB USB headers and both are working without issue.
* Connected the HD audio connector to the MB header. Haven't tried this yet. It's still not in it's final resting place as I load it up with HTPC goodness.

All in all, I'm happy with the solid construction and look of this case especially for the price.
I was actually leaving the front panel off while resetting the display. It still wound up either blanking out, loosing digits or just plain ol going weired. Let us know how your luck goes.

Just out of curiosity, is everyone having this issue using a single piece frontplate/cd sled drive? I ask because I have 3 drives, all of which you can easily pop off the front plate from the sled and that took care of the "door close" issue... like butter.

Mine is working fine right now. Kinda loud clunk when closing.

Damn I dread having to run Ethernet cable under the house. :( Maybe tomorrow ;)
New 2T HD arrives next Tuesday. No need to setup before then.
That gives plenty of time to take the LED display out and change the battery. Also put a piece of PLASTIC shipping tape on the back of it so as to not short it out against the psu. :D

Last edited:
Mine is working fine right now. Kinda loud clunk when closing.

Damn I dread having to run Ethernet cable under the house. :( Maybe tomorrow ;)
New 2T HD arrives next Tuesday. No need to setup before then.
That gives plenty of time to take the LED display out and change the battery. Also put a piece of PLASTIC tape shipping on the back of it so as to not short it out against the psu. :D

Yeah, this thing is going to clunk... the door is spring loaded and metal. You could probably put some rubber bumpers behind it but that may not help...

For the *clunky* optical drive door, I solved this on my KT400 by putting a piece of nylon tape on the backside of the door. The nylon tape makes for a smoother contact and sliding of the tray against the doors, cuts down on the noise and keep the door from jamming or sticking when trying to close. But it is still a subtle chucking noise reminiscent of the old school case days...

Can someone take a pic on how the cpu,hdd and vga sensors are mounted..Thanks..

If its a USB header on the end of your IR receiver, then you will simply plug that header straight to the USB pins on your motherboard. If your IR receiver has a standard USB plug, you will have to run that USB plug out of the back of your case and into a standard USB available open slot (such was the case with my KT-400 IR plug).

Total noob here; just got the case and put in all the components but havent connected it to power supply yet. I am stumped about the IR receiver. It seems like I have a 4 pin header but not sure where to connect it in the motherboard. It seems to fit the Cd-in port but then I dont want to take chances and do something stupid. IS that the right place or is it something else. I have a GA-880GM-UD2H motherboard.

Could any of you please upload a photo of the setup showing where it is connected. Much appreciated.

The receiver is USB. I'm new to the whole IR reveiver thing myself. You shold have recieved two small boards. One mounts in the front. The other mounts on the back on the cover plate. I believe it is for an IR blaster. The second board isn't really needed. If you need some pics, just yell. I'm a noob as well and this is my crash coarse. I'm no where near as good as most of these guys, just trying to help out.

Could you post some pics. Thanks to your tips, I was able to install the two boards to the front panel and the back. But just dont know where to connect the receiver on to the motherboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

How did you come to that conclusion?

I'm still trying to figure out what type of connection this ir receiver is.

Pictures....... i5 750, ASUS P7P55 LX, GTX 460 1gb, SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s, G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333, Hauppauge 1229 WinTV-HVR-2250, KT-600 case, Firefly PC RF Remote.

Very nice pics; was super helpful for me when connecting wires from the front panel.
Btw, did you connect the pin called cpu fan from the front LCD anywhere. i am wondering whether the cpu fan can be connected to that or whether it should be left alone.

thanks

Can someone take a pic on how the cpu,hdd and vga sensors are mounted..Thanks..

Don't feel like cracking the case open, but I'll tell you what I did. Not sure if it's the best, but it's working.

Since I'm running an i3 with no external video card, I wedged the CPU and VGA sensors into the fins of the CPU heatsink. They are jammed in there nicely and not going anywhere.

The HD sensor is in one of the unused screw holes of the HD.

Again, not the best scenario, but it's working nicely.

Hope this helps.

Allow the computer to go into sleep mode and you can use the remote to power on and off.

WOL is really the only way inexpensively.

Who makes these cases? I saw one on ebay, but they wanted $99 for it and I'm not even sure it includes the remote.

Is there anywhere else to get one?

Meh, I bit the bullet and paid $99 for one of of Ebay. Reading through this thread, I wouldn't mind with all the fun you guys are having, but it hurts knowing you guys got it for $60, LOL.

Does the card reader take SDHC cards. I tried an 8G SD card and it didnt read. the 2GB one didnt have any issues though. Anyone with the same problem. to clarify, this is an 8GB microSD card

TIA

Last edited:
Can the remote be used to power on the computer; any tips would be great. thanks
If your bios allows you to wake up by USB then you can. My board is a little older and wont let me. I can put it in suspend though. I do have a Gigabyte GA-MA785-US2H in another system (not my HTPC) that allows for this option.

If your bios allows you to wake up by USB then you can. My board is a little older and wont let me. I can put it in suspend though. I do have a Gigabyte GA-MA785-US2H in another system (not my HTPC) that allows for this option.
Thanks; I think my MB lets me do that. But will it let me power on the PC or just wake it up from sleep. I will check the setting in the bios (and change it) and see if that helps

Does the card reader take SDHC cards. I tried an 8G SD card and it didnt read. the 2GB one didnt have any issues though. Anyone with the same problem. to clarify, this is an 8GB microSD card

TIA

Anyone successfully used SDHC cards on card reader?
TIA

Nope, it didn't recognize my 16GB and 32GB SDHC cards.
Surprising since it says on the listing/ad that it reads sdhc cards. could it be that we need additional drivers/firmware. Anyone knows the manufacturer of the card reader

Hello everyone I am a beginner to working with this pc case but not pc building and I was hoping to get help from anyone that knows how to correctly wire things in this case please if anyone reads this I really do need help

Hello everyone I am a beginner to working with this pc case but not pc building and I was hoping to get help from anyone that knows how to correctly wire things in this case please if anyone reads this I really do need help
welcome to [H] and impressive necro...

Couldn't find much online in the way of a manual or pictures. Also from my reading it seems like a manual wasn't even included in the box. I can't imagine that it's going to be too much different from modern PSUs, front panel connectors, etc. But if you are running into connections you are not sure about I would post up some pictures and I am sure folks around here would be able to help.

Also pendragon1 - potential addition to the necro hall of fame here :)

Last edited:
Back