Kendrak's Krazy SR-2 Knock About

Where is the FedEx truck?

I'm going to go hunting here soon if he doesn't show up shortly.

Where is the FedEx truck?

I'm going to go hunting here soon if he doesn't show up shortly.

I know the feeling...I live in a large town 5 minutes from like the 3rd largest city (by population) during half the year in MD, and UPS doesn't ever show up before 5-5:30...

Fedex, on the other hand, I see all day long from 10am on!

Its here!

I placed the last few trades I needed to, telling my assistant goodby, leaving early.

Next post will be from the bacement, aka [H] bunker SE Ohio facility.

Its here!

I placed the last few trades I needed to, telling my assistant goodby, leaving early.

Next post will be from the bacement, aka [H] bunker SE Ohio facility.

Now that is Hardcore! Leaving work early to put together your new folding rig! Have fun, give us some pics, and lets see some numbers.

I'm doing the same thing today. Leaving early to put together the give away boxen!

Ok, with all the adapters in the house I do not have a 2x molex to 8 pin atx cable. What does [H] suggest I do?

The thought that comes to mind (untill I get an adapter) is run 2x PSU in tandem. Just not sure how to do this.

It says both 8 pin socket need to be filled but the 3x 6 pin ones are optional.

Edit: does this look like a good long term fix?
http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-ULT4039...3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1277406787&sr=1-3

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
How to connect 2 psu :

cut a paperclip in half, insert one end in power_on pin of your second power supply, the other in a ground pin. Add electrical tape over the paperclip. The second power supply will be online when the switch is, so you need to switch it on first at startup, and you need to shut the switch off when you shutdown your computer.

How to connect 2 psu :

cut a paperclip in half, insert one end in power_on pin of your second power supply, the other in a ground pin. Add electrical tape over the paperclip. The second power supply will be online when the switch is, so you need to switch it on first at startup, and you need to shut the switch off when you shutdown your computer.

or get this
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=21193

You want a dual PSU adapter K? I think I have one, I'll look tomorrow if you want. Might as well let you have it, not gonna have my rig done before yours, so might as well help you from [H] bunker NE Ohio facility.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Check my wire job [H]orde. Look ok?

wire1.jpg

wire3.jpg

wire4.jpg

wire2.jpg

molex.jpg

As long as it works and don't come undone it looks fine by me lol, better than my first dual PSU switch looked like

I tested continuity with a multi meter, every pin is good (had to re-do some of the wires, glad I checked)

The box they sent this with works great as a test bench. Just tuck the GPU into the fold and it holds it in place.

Also enough room for PSU and a HDD in back :cool:

Now Currently I'm running this with a 9800gt and 8gb of RAM. The other 4GB is in the 930 box along with the 4530 that I'll be using. But it's crunching a A2 -bigadv and I have it for a couple more weeks.

I'm going to install ubuntu 10.04 on this and see how she runs.

Some pics to wet your pallet....

sr2-1.JPG

sr2-2.JPG

You want a dual PSU adapter K? I think I have one, I'll look tomorrow if you want. Might as well let you have it, not gonna have my rig done before yours, so might as well help you from [H] bunker NE Ohio facility.

You will need it soon enough. I have a factory made version of the wire setup I made. Since I'm not running a bunch (really any) GPUs on this thing this Antec Neo 620 should be more than enough.

Ive got a 750 TX already mounted for Skynet2

O well, second SR2 still sounds nice :)

I'm going to install ubuntu 10.04 on this and see how she runs.

Ubuntu 10.04 doesn't fold. Either go with 9.10 or 9.04, or, if you have a cdrom, get Debian Lenny...I like it from what little I have played with it, but I can't for the life of me get it (or OpenSUSE for that matter) to install with a USB drive.

Last edited:
Now THAT is BEAUTIFUL!! :)

Don't let amdgamer see it...:eek:

It looks so wrong.........

Where is the case? LOL Kendrak said he was going to make use of a pizza box at least. I've seen everything ever since I started folding here. Pizza boxes, test benches, motherboard trays, wooden plywood, and now on top of a shipping box.........

That thing seriously looks so huge though. Now lets see some numbers!

It looks so wrong.........

Where is the case? LOL Kendrak said he was going to make use of a pizza box at least. I've seen everything ever since I started folding here. Pizza boxes, test benches, motherboard trays, wooden plywood, and now on top of a shipping box.........

That thing seriously looks so huge though. Now lets see some numbers!

I'm workign on it now... I hate OC-ing with linux as my OS. I can't run any of the tools I'm used to to keep an eye on temps and the like.

I'm installing win 7 currently.

OK, here are some numbers, and I'm exited!

This is with the procs at 3.155 (166x19) in win 7 with 8GB of RAM

P6015, TPF of 2:01 or a ppd of 32300ppd. Now If I can keep inching this OC up higher, I don't see why i should not be able to hit 40k ppd with NORMAL A3 WU in windows.
(this is off the first 3 frames of the WU)

<JOY>

When you get to 3.6 and get stable, let er rip on some bigadv, cant wait to see some numbers, and now I know what to shoot for lol

You do know I'll be asking you a metric shitload of questions about this rig since we have the same one pretty much, may as well go ahead and just post your settings once you get a stable max OC

You guys are getting me going again. Don't make me add an SR-2 to my 980x rig!

Same P6015 now at 3.5Ghz (185x19) and I'm getting 1:50 TPF or 37800 ppd.

If I can get 3.6 I think I can break 40k ppd on this kind of WU.

Also for those who are want to know my settings so far...... I up the bus to 185..... everything else is Auto.

Edit:
Ok, I think I'm hitting the limit of my cooling, F@H crashed. So, I'm upping the Vcore to 1.325 and see if that does it. If not, I will have to wait till my second H50 shows up (thanks DooKey ;))

Update to Edit: 4% in and holding, 1:48 TPF

Last edited:
Power:

Wow this thing is hungry :eek: 486 watts as measured by the UPS. I might end up switching PSUs and putting the 750TX on this rig.

Omnomnom

Same P6015 now at 3.5Ghz (185x19) and I'm getting 1:50 TPF or 37800 ppd.

If I can get 3.6 I think I can break 40k ppd on this kind of WU.

Also for those who are want to know my settings so far...... I up the bus to 185..... everything else is Auto.

Edit:
Ok, I think I'm hitting the limit of my cooling, F@H crashed. So, I'm upping the Vcore to 1.325 and see if that does it. If not, I will have to wait till my second H50 shows up (thanks DooKey ;))

Update to Edit: 4% in and holding, 1:48 TPF

Very Nice!, Now if I can just win the elottery, I might ctach up.

You guys are getting me going again. Don't make me add an SR-2 to my 980x rig!

The voice of rationality in your head is whispering to you right now.

*you will go to buy.com and order two SR2's. You will give one to amdgamer. Then you will go to Newegg and buy two Xeon 5680's*

OK wasn't stable (these HSF just were not meant to have this much heat dropped into them).

Taking it back to 175 on the bus. I hope this will hold out thought the night.

On a side note..... I'm curious on what the ppd would look like taking HT off and running 8 real threads and running -bigadv. Hummmm That will be a project when I get back this weekend.

I thought the board had 1366 (i7 9xx like) mounting holes? I guess a pair of NH-U12DX's could be used.

I thought the board had 1366 (i7 9xx like) mounting holes? I guess a pair of NH-U12DX's could be used.

I'm putting H50's on it. I have one and another inbound. It will make for a nice quiet system that is also cool.

The voice of rationality in your head is whispering to you right now.

*you will go to buy.com and order two SR2's. You will give one to amdgamer. Then you will go to Newegg and buy two Xeon 5680's*

Dude, my wife would cut off my reproductive organs!!

Dude, my wife would cut off my reproductive organs!!

Fine, then don't worry about buying an SR2 for me. Just buy one for yourself and maybe a couple of Xeon 5630's instead, and hope for good overclocks :p

OK wasn't stable (these HSF just were not meant to have this much heat dropped into them).

Taking it back to 175 on the bus. I hope this will hold out thought the night.

On a side note..... I'm curious on what the ppd would look like taking HT off and running 8 real threads and running -bigadv. Hummmm That will be a project when I get back this weekend.

So you are running E5530's at 3.3 GHz with stock Intel HSF's? That is not bad at all. I see 3.8 GHz in your future. Its good to know that at least your E5530s seem to O/C very well. It will be interesting to see what Vaulter gets with the ES's he has. That is what I have as well.

The party is tomorrow, and I should sober up by noon saturday so that's when I'll make my go. I didn't even notice, but I'm mobile so it's ok, but your using stock intel coolers?

And it's funny, we'll even have the same damn Power supply lol

Hopefully I'll have some numbers Saturday evening, but it's good that you can hit 3.5 on auto volts, just upping the bus will make this much easier

wonder how my Dual TRUEs will handle compared to your stock coolers? Can we get some temps so I can compare to my rig? Also, I'll try to remember to put my killawatt on so we can watch that too

ooooo so exciting!!

Also, my GPU will be pulling much less aswell

I know this is off topic but does anyone know if I can flash an 8400 GS to draw even less power (and/or lower the stock speeds)?? Guides?

I'm going to call this stable at 3.3 (175x19) on intel coolers. 1:49 TPF I'm 68% the way though the WU.

Back