JVC harx700 - a poor mans ath-a900!!

These kind of crushing my head but the sound quality is great!

Wish I could give a better review but I'm no expert. A little tight but sounds better than any headphones I've ever owned.

Just got my 900 and currently burning them in on my head. Bass is getting punchier on hour 3.

I'm looking at the 900 and it looks like you wont be able to cleanly attach the dt770 velour pads. The pleather that's used to attach the pads onto the cans itself is like 1/2" and the ones on the dt770 are like <1/4".

I'm looking at the 900 and it looks like you wont be able to cleanly attach the dt770 velour pads. The pleather that's used to attach the pads onto the cans itself is like 1/2" and the ones on the dt770 are like <1/4".

on the front of the cups the attaching ring is very thin, in the back 1/2". i tried some akg pads on these- got a little more bass but it messed with the treble

I am hoping that the 900s sound stage is a bit bigger and maybe more low end. As far as the pads go, I am okay with the stock. Maybe if they were a bit bigger? Dunno.

The most impressive thing about these headphones is their detail level. Simply outstanding for such inexpensive cans.

ah damn, i just got an email from buy.com that the rx700s are backorderd and my order will be delayed. if spaceman likes the 900s more, then i know it was meant to be lol

My JVC HARX700 were stolen today at when I left them in the computer lab for 2 min to get a drink of water. Never had that issue with my KSC-35's thats for sure. It wasn't so much the loss of $34 that bugged me. It was that I was outta music for the next 4 hours... :(

ha they sold out!

I should be getting those kickbacks any time now.

Right, I wish.

Listening to AC/DC Back in Black, a great recording btw. The cymbals actually have a metallic sheen to the sound! That and the rythym guitar is clearly audible. Bass has texture to it, you can hear the signature sound of that particular setup. It is not just the usually boomy boomy. There is great separation b/w all instruments. Very damn impressive for the $$.

This is just out of an X-FI elite pro with modded opamps. No amp needed. The X-FI is on 75% volume and my mp3 player is on 16%!

Loud.

Can anybody compare these to the Denon D1000/D1001 or the Equation RP21? Not that I need yet another similar phone, but the bargain price is intriguing. :)

I had the rp-21 and these kick its ass.

The rp-21 had stronger bass but much smaller sound stage. Not as much detail and certainly not the separation.

The Denon idk. Never had one.

Spaceman: are you talking about this x-fi mod?

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/hotrodding-x-fi-laymans-guide-no-56k-226975/

ha they sold out!

I should be getting those kickbacks any time now.

Right, I wish.

Listening to AC/DC Back in Black, a great recording btw. The cymbals actually have a metallic sheen to the sound! That and the rythym guitar is clearly audible. Bass has texture to it, you can hear the signature sound of that particular setup. It is not just the usually boomy boomy. There is great separation b/w all instruments. Very damn impressive for the $$.

This is just out of an X-FI elite pro with modded opamps. No amp needed. The X-FI is on 75% volume and my mp3 player is on 16%!

Loud.

Omg...!

I don't know if i'm imagining this, but I just plugged in my little ~$10 fiio headphone amp directly into my x-fi xtremegamer and using them with the rx700... and they sound just.. WOW. WTF, seriously? It sounds so goood!

Maybe I am just imagining things.

Yeah, that mod. Detail is incredible. Really closer to a stax than a dynamic headphone. THey are like akg 701s with a smaller sound stage and more bass slam.

Just out of curiosity, what are other people's 1/4" adapters like? One person in this thread said they had a screw on adapter on theirs, while mine is a push on, wondering if JVC made some mid production change with the cables or what.

try ebay to get one now- search 'jvc harx700'. buy.com should show up with several to buy

Just out of curiosity, what are other people's 1/4" adapters like? One person in this thread said they had a screw on adapter on theirs, while mine is a push on, wondering if JVC made some mid production change with the cables or what.

Mine are push on. I guess it does not matter b/c mine sound great. I do worry that they might change them or up the price. Still, even at $100, they own.

I've got 2 and one for my brother was push on, I haven't open up mine yet but I'm guessing it's push on too. I'll find out.

Just picked up a pair from buy's ebay store. Only 8 left!

I'm looking forward to trying this out with an x-fi.

MMmm. I like the mic arm on the Koss SB40s for my Zalman mic. Not wild about having to talk into my chest while gaming.

-S

MMmm. I like the mic arm on the Koss SB40s for my Zalman mic. Not wild about having to talk into my chest while gaming.

-S

I don't even put it on my chest. I leave it on my desk and I can talk and be heard clearly without having to bend down or move a muscle.

looks like buy.com is sending my rx700's now.. just got another email that they are back in stock

i also ordered that zalman mic that everyone mentions... looking forward to finally checking out teamspeak for cod4 :eek:

i just bought the victor hp-rx700 from a japanese ebay store after i did a little $ to euro calculation.

the 900s would have been to expensive for my liking.

i shure post a review when they arrive.

I don't even put it on my chest. I leave it on my desk and I can talk and be heard clearly without having to bend down or move a muscle.

Mmmm. I'm pretty sure my mic is nowhere near that sensitive. Even if it were, I'm sure I'd annoy the shit out of my teammates if they heard background noise (music, voice feedback, and keyboard clicking) every time I talked.

I do RvR with one guy who uses speakers and a microphone, and it's a little annoying to hear the last thing I said echoed back when we talk to each other.

-S

Mmmm. I'm pretty sure my mic is nowhere near that sensitive. Even if it were, I'm sure I'd annoy the shit out of my teammates if they heard background noise (music, voice feedback, and keyboard clicking) every time I talked.

I do RvR with one guy who uses speakers and a microphone, and it's a little annoying to hear the last thing I said echoed back when we talk to each other.

-S

You're right, that WOULD annoy the crap outta me and my friends... except, strangely, it doesn't. No echoes, number one. People on the other end can't hear my desktop which runs rather loud due to 50% fan speed on the 4870X2 during gaming, number two. Strangely, it's sensitive, but awesome.

This is really strange...
I ordered these on the 15th from Buy.com and it shows that it was supposedly shipped on the 17th and estimated to arrive today...
but it's not here.
The tracking also doesn't show anything but
Oct 17, 2008 9:11 AM

Package data transmitted to FedEx

Does that mean it didn't even ship?

This is really strange...
I ordered these on the 15th from Buy.com and it shows that it was supposedly shipped on the 17th and estimated to arrive today...
but it's not here.
The tracking also doesn't show anything but
Oct 17, 2008 9:11 AM

Package data transmitted to FedEx

Does that mean it didn't even ship?

um. the 15th? you should have them by now. contact them via email. they got back to me pretty quick.

I thought 150.00 would be it for me till I got my 595's. I was so impressed with their gate way sound I bought the 650's a day later for 384.00. Still not sure why people think headphones should be cheap, and disregard them if the price is over 200.00. 200.00 for a quality audiophile headphone is a great bargain.. Would cost you much more to better the sound with speakers. If I made 50k a yr Id buy the L3000 or the Q10. Both go for over 2 grand on the used market. Guess I wan't to know what the 'best' sounds like.

Where do you get HD650s for $348.00? In Canada they are $600.00+ I emigrated to the wrong goddamn country.

Wow Canada has like no good online stores or anything besides maybe NCIX, which still has a shit selection compared to U.S.-based online stores. I can't find this damn headphone anywhere! And damn buy.com doesn't ship to Canada.

SIGH

I barely use my swans anymore -_-. Lol, these sound so nice. I love it paired with my fiio amp. Games and music never sounded so nice.

Wow Canada has like no good online stores or anything besides maybe NCIX, which still has a shit selection compared to U.S.-based online stores. I can't find this damn headphone anywhere! And damn buy.com doesn't ship to Canada.

SIGH
It's best if you have a trusting soul in the US.. You buy it, and have it sent to his address. He ships to you as a 'gift', and putting a very low number for it's value.

The best thing about headphones vs speakers at the budget end of things is room setup. With speakers, the room is essential to getting the most out of your speakers. If the room is bad, like mine, which is all time horrid, the speakers sound like shit.

With a good pair of headphones, like these, you have an ideal "room setup". That is why they have so much more detail and sound so nice. JVC really did an amazing job on these.

For those intrested in the Zalman MIC it is very sensitive and works very well.

So are this headphones really good? But seeing as they are not available in Europe and I can only buy them from Japan, they're $70 + customs :(

Back