JustGPU.com - Newegg's new GPU-only site

Gotta sell those stockpiled cards I use the EVGA PSU power meter site a few dozen times but just keep what I have.

If you were really in the market for a 30 series, you'd have paid for one by now...everyone else on the fence this whole time is going "But 4000 is right here, and I've learned how to be patient just a little bit more".........if the performance increases are realistic, you'd be absurd to buy a 30 series at even these 'near MSRP prices'............Nvidias only option is to jack the price of the 4000 series cards to pandemic price points to make the 30 series at half that look desirable 2 years after release :p

Great idea. If handled by their normal ordering process it makes an easy interface for the average consumer.

Edit: It literally just links you to Newegg.
Not exactly, it just runs on the same engine that their main site does. It certainly makes it easy to not need to set a dozen filters, at least.

If you were really in the market for a 30 series, you'd have paid for one by now...everyone else on the fence this whole time is going "But 4000 is right here, and I've learned how to be patient just a little bit more".........if the performance increases are realistic, you'd be absurd to buy a 30 series at even these 'near MSRP prices'............Nvidias only option is to jack the price of the 4000 series cards to pandemic price points to make the 30 series at half that look desirable 2 years after release :p
Nvidia doesn't really *need* to do anything, raising MSRP or otherwise - the market will decide what the prices are, and they'll be sky-high for 4000 series. Or at least high enough that the entitled whiners will find them out of reach once again.

IOW don't get too excited by the momentary glut of oversupply + kiddie miners dumping GPU's and putting downward pressure on resale - won't mean much for prices in 3, 6 and 9 months. 3000 prices will also come back up.

Last edited:
NV already sold the components to AIBs. They are the ones who need to sell.

Nvidia doesn't really *need* to do anything, raising MSRP or otherwise - the market will decide what the prices are, and they'll be sky-high for 4000 series. Or at least high enough that the entitled whiners will find them out of reach once again.

IOW don't get too excited by the momentary glut of oversupply + kiddie miners dumping GPU's and putting downward pressure on resale - won't mean much for prices in 3, 6 and 9 months. 3000 prices will also come back up.
Prices started dropping as soon as miners stopped buying cards and were already most of the way down before miners started dumping cards on the resale market. The bigger issue will be if they can't unload all the current stock before they launch the next gen then they'll be competing with their own previous gen in retail.

I think there's still room for current gen retail prices to drop more based on what has been said about current supply and if they drop much more that will further cut into demand for the next gen. Nvidia also has to try to find another way to use some their TSMC chip allocation that they refused to reduce or they risk having a glut of 4000 series GPUs as well. I'm sure Nvidia has something up their sleeve to help boost prices but I still think we're looking at a buyers market for the next gen unless GPU mining takes off again.

Seems strange to me that they don't include color as a filter option. That would be a value add for an otherwise rather redundant website.

Should we make a list of all the resellers who weren't pulling crap during the craze time? Has to be a shorter list.

Make Newegg eat it. Weren't they basically forcing people to buy extra items to get a GPU during the supply issues?
Yes, but they were also doing a lottery to try to keep a couple people from sucking up all the cards. Doesn't excuse the extras thing, but still...

Ehh, he bags on the triple-slot vs dual-slot comparison like that's a bad thing. I mean, generally, doesn't more room for the cooler mean it's going to perform better? Thicker cooler, thicker fans, more airflow, more heat dissipation. Arguably, if you have the room and aren't doing SLI/CF, more slots could seriously be better. I don't know about newer cards, but in the case of the reference cards vs Asus DirectCU cards, holy crap was thicker better.

Off to watch the rest of the video.

"...running at 2K resolution! lol Nobody calls it that, Newegg!"

Oh OK I didn't know.

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=2k+resolution+site:hardforum.com

nobody.png

Last edited:
To be fair to Steve, I have never heard anyone call 1440p, 2k. But really, not much of a thing to harp about.

All I'd harp on, is that fact that they, Newegg, got caught holding the bag on tons of unsold GPUs and really at this stage of the game, prices should still be better than they are. Greedy fucks.

To be fair to Steve, I have never heard anyone call 1440p, 2k. But really, not much of a thing to harp about.

All I'd harp on, is that fact that they, Newegg, got caught holding the bag on tons of unsold GPUs and really at this stage of the game, prices should still be better than they are. Greedy fucks.
I'm not trying to defend newegg but it's likely they and others had to buy or at least reserve cards at inflated prices and they literally cannot afford to drop prices below a certain point without taking a massive loss. It would be the same for every other storefront.

Ignore the scalpers for a minute and look what happened to prices on cards rather quickly. The MSRP of the AIBs went sky high so they were the ones taking most of the profit and the cost was passed onto retailers and e-tailors to be passed on to the people purchasing.

There's no doubt retailers and e-tailers did some of their own price gouging but they do not set the minimum price. There may be a glut of cards at the moment but most of the orders for those cards were likely done long before the glut happened and therefore the order price was much higher than it would be right now if they placed orders for more cards.

I'm not trying to defend newegg but it's likely they and others had to buy or at least reserve cards at inflated prices and they literally cannot afford to drop prices below a certain point without taking a massive loss. It would be the same for every other storefront.

Ignore the scalpers for a minute and look what happened to prices on cards rather quickly. The MSRP of the AIBs went sky high so they were the ones taking most of the profit and the cost was passed onto retailers and e-tailors to be passed on to the people purchasing.

There's no doubt retailers and e-tailers did some of their own price gouging but they do not set the minimum price. There may be a glut of cards at the moment but most of the orders for those cards were likely done long before the glut happened and therefore the order price was much higher than it would be right now if they placed orders for more cards.

Sounds like poor business planning and not a consumer issue. Not our problem. Either prices drop, take a small hit, or don't drop pricing and see no inventory move and take an even bigger hit. Their choice. Your move retailers. Your move.

Furthermore, creating a half assed dumbed down website to insult the average consumers intelligence in order to move said product is comical at best.

Last edited:
Sounds like poor business planning and not a consumer issue. Not our problem. Either prices drop, take a small hit, or don't drop pricing and see no inventory move and take an even bigger hit. Their choice. Your move retailers. Your move.
Sounds like someone who doesn't know anything at all about business.

Also sounds like a consumer who doesn't understand something simple. Businesses which sell at a loss go out of business. And basically all the retailers/e-tailers were stuck buying the same items at the same prices (without going into the differences in volume purchasing) so none of them are going to sell at a loss which means prices aren't going to drop to nothing like you seem to expect. That means the cards are going to sell at the prices they currently are which happen to be in most cases a hell of a lot cheaper than they were a few months ago. And prices won't drop much below current prices until the current stock of cards ordered at higher prices are exhausted and new orders at lower prices are made.

Companies aren't going to put themselves out of business just so you can pay less for a piece of hardware.

Sounds like someone who doesn't know anything at all about business.

Also sounds like a consumer who doesn't understand something simple. Businesses which sell at a loss go out of business. And basically all the retailers/e-tailers were stuck buying the same items at the same prices (without going into the differences in volume purchasing) so none of them are going to sell at a loss which means prices aren't going to drop to nothing like you seem to expect. That means the cards are going to sell at the prices they currently are which happen to be in most cases a hell of a lot cheaper than they were a few months ago. And prices won't drop much below current prices until the current stock of cards ordered at higher prices are exhausted and new orders at lower prices are made.

Companies aren't going to put themselves out of business just so you can pay less for a piece of hardware.
That's only partly true. Retailers the size of NE work closely with the AIB companies and when a product isn't selling can often get mail in rebates added, funds for instant rebates, or even just a partial refund on current stock. Asus isn't going to want NE being forced to sell above the going rate because they don't want to get stuck with inventory they expected to wholesale to them.

Oh I don't disagree. I am sort of blaming that whole chain starting with Nvidia and AMD. Greedy, greedy, greedy.

I've ordered from newegg.ca because I'm in Canada in the past but has anyone from Canada tried to order direct from JustGPU? I mean their site is way better organized than the regular newegg web site, it's awesome in my opinion. They took the time to make comparisons on the site very easy. It would be great for any n00b.
EDIT: OK I just saw the Gamer's Nexus Youtube video about it. It looks like they oversimplified the info (but I guess the general idea was cool in a way).

Last edited:
I see the term "2k" used for 2560x1440 all the time on non tech sites. I don't fault them for using it to inform lower tech knowledgeable people.

I've seen it too, but it's nonsensical really. If anything, 1920x1080 would seemingly be more properly named "2k", given that 3840x2160 is (somehow) "4k". 2560x1440 could maybe be "2.5k", if any of this nomenclature was properly standardized. I've also seen "3k" used for some laptops with approximately that many horizontal pixels.

Given the wide variety of non-16x9 panels there are now, using anything besides the actual resolution is mostly useless anyways.

The new site is nice-looking, but much of the info it provides and how its presented is total crap. Pretty much what I expect from NewEgg since the buyout. Remember when they used to beat down patent trolls?

Yeah, looking at some of the search results for the term "2k resolution" you might find sites referring to 2K as meaning 1080P and others 1440P, which is one of the problems with that term and why nobody should use it.

Yeah, looking at some of the search results for the term "2k resolution" you might find sites referring to 2K as meaning 1080P and others 1440P, which is one of the problems with that term and why nobody should use it.
Yep. Explicit resolutions for the win.

1440p isn’t 2k though.

The DCI definition of 2k is 2048x1080. Its a 17:9 acquisition format for cameras. 1440p is 2.5k. So even if that is way they were going for, they’re still incorrect.

There’s a long line of consumers misusing resolution terms if we’re being strict about technical definitions.

“4K” is 4096x2160.
“UHD” is 3840x2160.

However most people will use “4K” synonymously with “UHD”. Most people not in the film/tv industry don’t know the difference.

There’s a long line of consumers misusing resolution terms
It's not just consumers, manufacturers and as pointed out, casual, consumer-oriented "tech press" sites get in on the action, too. That Steve was picking on the term "2k" is fine, but the premise that nobody uses the term, and Newegg is somehow alone in using it is absurd. Few of us use that term, but none of us were going to buy a GPU based on that website, either. Nobody that watches GN was going to.

Here's what I want to hear from Steve regarding Newegg: Are they really holding up their no-questions-asked return policy on open-box sales? If he has investigated that, then that's cool. If they're actually living up to their promise, that's huge and they deserve some credit. If not, everyone needs to know that, too.

Seems like in one of his recent videos he was talking about some new fan test equipment. I can't wait to see some fan testing videos. I love that crap. Anyone else watch Major Hardware fan comparisons? Neat stuff.

It's not just consumers, manufacturers and as pointed out, casual, consumer-oriented "tech press" sites get in on the action, too. That Steve was picking on the term "2k" is fine, but the premise that nobody uses the term, and Newegg is somehow alone in using it is absurd. Few of us use that term, but none of us were going to buy a GPU based on that website, either. Nobody that watches GN was going to.
Sure. There is a big conflict of interests between technical people working in these visual medium industries and advertisers.
Technical people tirelessly and methodically created standardization's with strict definitions so that it's actually possible for products to be able to reproduce the same images and so that there won't be a duplication of effort.
There's a lot that goes into the hardware of a camera and also the software that transforms the digital negative into a color space that is reproducible by a consumer TV/monitor. Without standards it would basically be impossible for all of these different camera companies and TV manufacturers to accurately reproduce all of these images.
Basically every major camera company and studio got together to form DCI. It was highly beneficial for the industry to do so. Otherwise you'd have to have a special pipeline for every camera and every TV.

Whereas, advertisers don't care about any of this - it's just buzz words, specs, and sales points to them. They have no skin in the game, in terms of what "getting it wrong" means. All the engineers and product designers got that part right already. So if "4k" sounds cooler than "UHD" they use it. And similarly with color spaces like "DCI-P3". Most people have no concept of what that means or even what a color space even is. And so it goes, nobody knows the difference, and general consumers generally don't really care; which is probably the most disheartening part.
Here's what I want to hear from Steve regarding Newegg: Are they really holding up their no-questions-asked return policy on open-box sales? If he has investigated that, then that's cool. If they're actually living up to their promise, that's huge and they deserve some credit. If not, everyone needs to know that, too.
Well, I think the bigger point was that this is all just a form of consumer manipulation to unload a massive stack of back inventory that was horded now that the nVidia 4 series is looming. In other words the whole site is just there to dupe customers into thinking they're getting unbiased information from an unbiased site to help drive 3 series sales.

Returns and customer support of course still needs to be investigated. But that's something that probably needs to be followed up on further into the future. It's easy to get your CS in check for 3-6 months. But how about a year? How about 2 years, and further into the future? I'm sure GN will follow up, but that's something to check into the future.

Well, I think the bigger point was that this is all just a form of consumer manipulation ... the whole site is just there to dupe customers into thinking they're getting unbiased information from an unbiased site to help drive 3 series sales.
Has anyone observed how they're marketing it to these poor, hapless consumers who are going to spend several hundred dollars based on one site's graphs that don't change when critical system components are drastically upgraded? How did Steve find out about it? If I pretend to be a consumer and search for "gpu selection guide" or "how do I choose a GPU" and similar stuff, Newegg's already at the top.

I just feel like he could have spent 5 minutes taking a giant crap on the site like he wanted to, like it deserves to have done to it as poorly made as it is. It runs like dog crap on my i7 laptop with 8GB RAM. Then he could have spent the other 15 minutes trying to help people who he thinks the site is going to hurt.

Has anyone observed how they're marketing it to these poor, hapless consumers who are going to spend several hundred dollars based on one site's graphs that don't change when critical system components are drastically upgraded? How did Steve find out about it? If I pretend to be a consumer and search for "gpu selection guide" or "how do I choose a GPU" and similar stuff, Newegg's already at the top.

I just feel like he could have spent 5 minutes taking a giant crap on the site like he wanted to, like it deserves to have done to it as poorly made as it is. It runs like dog crap on my i7 laptop with 8GB RAM. Then he could have spent the other 15 minutes trying to help people who he thinks the site is going to hurt.
Well tbf if you already watch some of steve's videos you are likely already pretty knowledgeable about GPUs and their pricing.

Yeah, I guess vertical interlacing wasn't a thing. Eliminate the P and you get my point.

Back