Just ordered the Dell UltraSharp 2209WA

Dell has referbs for sale on their outlet site for $179, plus you might be able to find a 10% off coupon. I ordered one today, and it was already shipped. Will receive it Monday with free next day shipping for only $161 + tax. Someone in the Hot Deals forum here posted the deal, so I won't take credit.

I know some people want perfection and won't like a refurb, but it seems like a good price and they ship very quick. :)

Last edited:
Anyone who has this monitor, do you know a kind of screen door like effect? I have the HP LP2475W monitor that uses an H-IPS panel, and I find it very distracting as the grid of pixels is very apparent. I actually bothers me quite a bit. Does the 2209WA share this trait?

Dell has referbs for sale on their outlet site for $179, plus you might be able to find a 10% off coupon. I ordered one today, and it was already shipped. Will receive it Monday with free next day shipping for only $161 + tax.

I am getting a weird "runtime" error page when I go to check the availability of the refurb monitor. Anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:
Could someone do me a big favor and go here and then click on "check availability and prices" button and see if you can actually access the availability of the refurbs? I would really appreciate it. I am getting what appears to be a server error but I just want to make sure it isn't some problem on my end.

Could someone do me a big favor and go here and then click on "check availability and prices" button and see if you can actually access the availability of the refurbs? I would really appreciate it. I am getting what appears to be a server error but I just want to make sure it isn't some problem on my end.

Availability NOT Woking in Firefox or IE8!

Server Error in '/ARBONLINESALES' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Last edited:
Argh, I wanna jump on a refurbished 2209WA but I can't get dell's site to work as well.

I finally ordered a refurb for $171.11 after the 10% coupon with free Next Business Day Delivery. I've been trying since 12:00 am, was only able to actually get it to load around 4:00pm.

Hopefully I wont regret this. :eek:

Checkout the review at www.prad.de
The Dell 2209WA get very high marks. The results after calibration are about as perfect as I have seen on any monitor tested on that site. It looks like they got those results with only 2 changes to the factory settings, Brightness down to 10 and RED at 96.

I finally ordered a refurb for $171.11 after the 10% coupon with free Next Business Day Delivery. I've been trying since 12:00 am, was only able to actually get it to load around 4:00pm.

Hopefully I wont regret this. :eek:

Lil help?:) Where did you get the 10% off coupon? I tried one I found but it said it didn't apply. Also does the free shipping just show in the cart before checkout?

Try this Slickdeals post. They have tons of them on there.

Also while you're checking out, or before you submit the payment, there will be a check list of which shipment type to pick, each one shows "$0.00" in green. After that I believe it'll show the shipping along with subtotal in the cart, it'll say $0.00 of course.

Lil help?:) Where did you get the 10% off coupon? I tried one I found but it said it didn't apply. Also does the free shipping just show in the cart before checkout?

Finding a 2209WA is impossible now. Dell has it back ordered for like 3 weeks. I found a lot of them on Dell's outlet website. They have like 43 refurbished ones for $179. I was thinking about getting one. Is it a good idea to buy one refurbished from Dell, has anyone ever done that? I currently have a Dell S2409W and like it alot, is their a huge difference in colors on the 2209WA from the S2409W? I don't care about view angles, I sit in front of my LCD, not to the side or standing up :)

I've never bought anything refurbished, and usually I try to stay away from refurbs, however I was pretty desperate to get away from my current TN panel. As far as I know the warranty still exists even on the refurbs, so I wouldn't worry all that much about problems. We'll see when I get mine though, kind of nervous.

If you do decide to go with the refurb ones don't forget about the 10% coupon code.

Finding a 2209WA is impossible now. Dell has it back ordered for like 3 weeks. I found a lot of them on Dell's outlet website. They have like 43 refurbished ones for $179. I was thinking about getting one. Is it a good idea to buy one refurbished from Dell, has anyone ever done that? I currently have a Dell S2409W and like it alot, is their a huge difference in colors on the 2209WA from the S2409W? I don't care about view angles, I sit in front of my LCD, not to the side or standing up :)

will they make a 2409 this year, maybe a 2410 perhaps?
and will it look like the 2209, i prefer the old Y version.

Well,if u get refurb, chances are you might get one of the 4 I sent back to Dell :p ... I would advice to wait... and then go for small business live chat sales.. if you are lucky, u'll get it for 200ish... which is only 20more than the refurb...

Wow... Way to poop on people's parade pitashen. First, I don't believe you when you say you sent 4 of them back to Dell... You'd get tired of doing it after two times and get another monitor, unless you are persistent to the point of stupidity, and the chances of that are remote. I'd say it's more likely that you want one, but cant afford it, even at the low price available now, so you just said all this out of spite.

At this price, there's no reason to wait. Dell has good, long warranty, so if people have problems they can always return for repair or exchange. I see no reason why anyone should be afraid of taking a risk with this refurbished monitor.

Well,if u get refurb, chances are you might get one of the 4 I sent back to Dell :p ... I would advice to wait... and then go for small business live chat sales.. if you are lucky, u'll get it for 200ish... which is only 20more than the refurb...

I got one for $161 + tax w/ free shipping. The $212 deal would be $51 more, not $20 more.

Can someone PM me that 10% off coupon please :) If I had that I would certainly grab that refurb 2209WA :) anyone...

Cool thanks :) Although their are no more 10% off. They've all been used :-( If anyone has one that doesn't need it :) please.......pm

EDIT: Never mind I found one :) I got it for $160 out the door with overnight shipping.... :)

Last edited:
You know I just realized something. Can you return a dell outlet monitor? I mean do they carry the same warranty as the new ones? Because my luck I get one that has dead or stuck pixels...

You know I just realized something. Can you return a dell outlet monitor? I mean do they carry the same warranty as the new ones? Because my luck I get one that has dead or stuck pixels...

From what I've been told the warranty still exists, however two links of the same product showed different warranties. One showed 90 days and the other showed the normal 3 year warranty, not sure what the differences are.

Obviously I'd want the 3 year one, but I think I'll be happy with the 90 days, that's plenty of time for me to find one that I like, even if I have to return 20 different ones. :)

Aw ok cool. Yeah 90 days is plenty to find one I like. Even if I had to go threw 20 of them :) I'm going to compare this to the Dell I just bought last week. The Dell S2409W. I'll decide which one to keep then return the one I don't want...

thanks for all the advice/tips guys; just purchased my refurb this morning with the coupon. it seems a significant proportion of the refurbs will be going to readers of this forum, hah.

and you know, i was thinking about the dead pixels, i've never gotten one before, but i think it will be an interesting test to see if i'm able to think about the million+ pixels that work, rather than the couple that don't :)

I got my friend to buy one as well :) He found the 10% off coupon too. When I first looked at the dell outlet site they had llike 34 2209WA in stock that was about 2 hours ago, not its like 12 in stock they went fast..

I actually did send 4 back...coz I bought a pair to begin with (192 x 2 + tax)... not like I had fun with it...

Hey guys! I've had 2 of these monitors for about a month and I've really enjoyed em. I've held off on calibration until my new rig was built and now that I'm done, I'm ready to calibrate and need some help. I'm looking at ordering one of these 4 packages:

-X-Rite Eye-One Display LT($150)
-X-Rite Eye-One Display 2($200)
-Spyder 2 Express ($65)
-Spyder 3 Pro ($150)

First off, are any of these packages not compatible with the 2209WA so I can cross those off the list? Second, any recommendations/suggestions on which to get? Are the more costly packages worth the price for somebody as myself, who does photo editing as a hobby and doesn't sell prints? I just figured since I spent so much money on a rig specifically for photo editing, I might as well go all the way and do some calibration. Let me know your thoughts, Thanks!

Simply from what I've heard, I'd go with the X-Rite Eye-One Display 2($200). I have the Spyder 2 Pro and I'm not impressed with it.

BTW, my delivery date on the Dell has been pushed back to May 1st.

I'd recommend either of the Eye One models.

The Spyders can be ok but the software bundle is not good at all and won't do a good job calibrating. Typically the Spyder hardware has problems with "wide gamut" screens, which isn't an issue with this monitor, but I still am reluctant to recommend either the Spyder2 or Spyder3.

Hey guys! I've had 2 of these monitors for about a month and I've really enjoyed em. I've held off on calibration until my new rig was built and now that I'm done, I'm ready to calibrate and need some help. I'm looking at ordering one of these 4 packages:

-X-Rite Eye-One Display LT($150)
-X-Rite Eye-One Display 2($200)
-Spyder 2 Express ($65)
-Spyder 3 Pro ($150)

First off, are any of these packages not compatible with the 2209WA so I can cross those off the list? Second, any recommendations/suggestions on which to get? Are the more costly packages worth the price for somebody as myself, who does photo editing as a hobby and doesn't sell prints? I just figured since I spent so much money on a rig specifically for photo editing, I might as well go all the way and do some calibration. Let me know your thoughts, Thanks!

I'd recommend either of the Eye One models.

The Spyders can be ok but the software bundle is not good at all and won't do a good job calibrating. Typically the Spyder hardware has problems with "wide gamut" screens, which isn't an issue with this monitor, but I still am reluctant to recommend either the Spyder2 or Spyder3.

Thanks for the recommendation 10e. I've opted for the LT model since it seems it'll meet my needs.

Back