Just ordered a GTX280!

I got the 280 FTW and I love it. I noticed a HUGE improvement in vanguard and Age of Conan. (In both I have every option maxed at 1920 x 1200).

I am hoping this card will serve me well for Aion, Warhammer, and Champions Online.

I didn't notice much of an improvement in EQ2 (that game is CPU bound with shadows anyways). I haven't tried any single player games yet with it (work/significant other keeping too busy for that).

I'm in a similar situation, bought a new system around the GTX280 a few days ago , I tried to have the 280 removed from my order before it shipped and I was instructed that it was too late, the items are packed and ready to ship, so they won't remove it from my order...

Thy told me if I want to return the card I'd have to RMA it, so now I'm waiting on an RMA request...

If it's denied, it's going to happen before my package arrives (probably) so I'll just deny the shipment as well. As it stands, I'd like to keep everything BUT the GTX 280.

Stinky situation.

Okay, followed other's recommendation, I refused the package delivery so it's being shipped back to Newegg. I hope it'll go like what they said, that Newegg will refund my purchase price plus the shipping. Even if not the shipping charge, I would still be happy with it. Just didn't feel right when I placed the order. Although I also ordered other stuffs that I need now (E2220 and X-Fi PCI-E 4x soundcard) along the GTX280 and 1200W PSU, I can always reorder them later. Will just stick to what I have right now and see if AMD can force Nvidia to lower their price later on.

Yes it looks like ATi is going to have the best bang for the buck this time and I am keeping my GTX 280. It really is a good card and I've already made a decent OC on it. I'm not a fan of Crossfire or the Catamite Software Suite.

Newegg just received the package and I was chatting with a Rep and he just issued the credit (including shipping) so I'm all good now. I can always place the order later when I have a clearer conscience. Hope the price will go down once ATI's main player comes into scene. Thanks goes to those who recommended package refusal! ;)

It seems the package got back to Newegg really quick, more like 2nd day delivery. Refused on the 24th and Newegg got it on the 26th...pretty quick trip back to the sender.

No you cannot upgrade to FTW only get one choice for 280 thats non overclocked version. Kinda sucks since difference in price to FTW was 20 bucks each card. Ohh well I am just below 100 now in priority. Can't wait. Already have 1200 PSU bought a Silverstone.

im real glad i havent bought a card yet, gives me some time to wait for the 4870x2 come out

im real glad i havent bought a card yet, gives me some time to wait for the 4870x2 come out

I'm in the same boat I was hell bent on getting a 280 because honestly, I wasn't expecting jack shit from ati. But then when I saw the reviews of close to the same performance for half the price, I looked at the price tag of the 280 and said F*** that. I am really close to buying a 4870 because now that the idea of a real upgrade costing only 300 is in my head it sounds real nice. But I was planning on a 600 dollar upgrade when I was considering the 280 so if the 4870x2 kicks ass then I'll buy it. Waiting can only cheapen the price tags :)

Back