Just got into the BF3 Alpha, Downloading now

Like was already said before; you did an excellent job of cherrypicking shit shots. It's an Alpha. It's going to be buggy. Most betas are still buggy. And they reduce graphics settings for things like this to keep the download size down. Does anyone remember the BC2 beta? It was something like 1.8gb download and everybody was freaking out at the awful effects and textures Turns out they were shit intentionally to keep download size down.

Don't freak out about it yet. They've still got a lot of time.

If people weren't allowed to freak out over minor issues, you'd see a 50% post reduction in the entire forum.

I'm glad they at least put this out now where a bunch of people can really pick it apart and hopefully...and I know this is a big if with EA...we'll get something that streets that isn't a buggy disaster namely the usual EA/Dice tradition of a week or two of server disasters.

The recoil on the guns is nuts, way more compared to BFBC2, but it's more realistic and I prefer it that way. Don't expect to snipe guy's with an smg from really far and get more then one shot in.

Recoil seems higher but bullet damage also seems better so it rewards gun control, unless you've deployed a biopod while prone in which case you can go full auto at people without worry, it's really cool.

So is the beta over now? Just wondering since the alpha battlelog page doesn't even load. You'd think they'd at least put in a jump page saying what is up.

It was a good week. Definitely had its frustrating moments, but little of that had to do with the Alpha (since I'm a lefty and there was no key remapping, I had to use a separate macro program).

All in all I am more excited for the final release now then ever. There are bugs to be worked out for sure, but gauging from what DICE did between BC2's beta and retail release, I'm confident they will have things well in hand by the time October rolls around.

Grateful to be one of the fortunate few who were given an early look. Now the wait until beta. :)

--

*snipped screen shots*

I'm not break NDA by posting screen shots, but even with the low res textures they were using for alpha, the game looked considerably better then that on "High" settings. Lighting , shadows, smoke... all looked fantastic for an alpha. The contorted arms and occasional physics bug are minor things that will be worked out before hitting the shelves. I may be mistaken, but if I recall correctly they were already fixed in the second build they released mid-week. In any respect, I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Last edited:
When I saw mine wasn't loading, I checked EA's FAQ for BF3 and it said specifically that the alpha is over.

Nothing left to do besides uninstall BF3 Alpha Trial and origin along with it.

When I saw mine wasn't loading, I checked EA's FAQ for BF3 and it said specifically that the alpha is over.

Nothing left to do besides uninstall BF3 Alpha Trial and origin along with it.

i might leave it installed just to see the icon in my games list lol

I'm not break NDA by posting screen shots, but even with the low res textures they were using for alpha, the game looked considerably better then that on "High" settings. Lighting , shadows, smoke... all looked fantastic for an alpha. The contorted arms and occasional physics bug are minor things that will be worked out before hitting the shelves. I may be mistaken, but if I recall correctly they were already fixed in the second build they released mid-week. In any respect, I don't think there's anything to worry about.
I'm just messing with people :D But these pics are still awful, ya gotta admit lol
2h69cg0.jpg

Supposedly this is an old build too..:confused:

It's basically just an stress-test weekend. They probably put the alpha tag there so people don't bitch about certain features too much. I'm sure the real internal alpha test happened a while ago.

Fattypants, sorry, that looks like ass...the foliage looks awful.

Good riddence to the alpha, my time is better spent drinking. Or sleeping. Or playing other games.

Glad I got into the alpha: I know I have no need to play the real game. Thanks, DICE!

Fattypants, sorry, that looks like ass...the foliage looks awful.

Good riddence to the alpha, my time is better spent drinking. Or sleeping. Or playing other games.

Glad I got into the alpha: I know I have no need to play the real game. Thanks, DICE!

Dude, it's an alpha.

Alphas are still the tweaking stage. Features can still be thrown out and put in. This alpha we played is also very likely several months old. And not every art asset or graphical feature is implemented yet. I was in the World in Conflict alpha and things changed a lot on the graphical side of things.

Dude, it's an alpha.

Alphas are still the tweaking stage. Features can still be thrown out and put in. This alpha we played is also very likely several months old. And not every art asset or graphical feature is implemented yet. I was in the World in Conflict alpha and things changed a lot on the graphical side of things.

Re graphics: Sure. THe people on here talking about how they had graphics on high....might be high themselves. I see that, but the overall look of the game, to me, is bad. I don't know why, but just like Crysis 2 I felt claustrophobic. I don't know what the FOV was, but given DICE's history it was probably 60 degrees or something...

it was totally random....i saw people with vet rank 1 in. lots of vet rank 6+ pissed off

Back