Join the Alliance -- the Socket 939 Alliance!

Well my 939 (SIG) is loving me back.

No I am not afraid of F.E.A.R. or UT2007 :D

Bring it on devs. :)

My Dusty 939 :p :

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ @ 2.4GHz
2x 512Mb DDR400 Crucial Ballistix
MSI Neo2 Plat
Ati Radeon X800 XT

mobo.JPG

lol my socket 939 cpu rules ... I bent half the pins, then proceeded to bend them back into place. I've been running stable for 2 months :p

Wednesday is D-Day....my SLI-DR comes in, and I'm part of *duh duh duhhhhhhhh* the 939 alliance. :eek: :cool:

tsuehpsyde said:
Wednesday is D-Day....my SLI-DR comes in, and I'm part of *duh duh duhhhhhhhh* the 939 alliance. :eek: :cool:

Double agent number 2!!! Yay! A convert!

@eclipse: Dayum. Thats sexy. NOT! :D TRESON! :p

mpcamer1220 said:
Wow thats some good PR there man..

Pfsh, my 754 thread is the biggest active thread under the AMD processor section, second only to a locked Venice rumor thread, which we're pretty close to surpassing. Don't even front on this, nubby mc nub nub. :p And we'll see if I stay 939, but I'm a bencher, and obviously for the price/performance, a 2.7GHz prime stable Venice is a mean machine. Plus, I wanna play with a Revision E to see where my TCCD goes, that doesn't cost as much as the Newark 3700+ or Turion, and isn't a sempr0n on 256k or less cache. I'll probably keep my 754 rig around, and I'll <3 754 forevar. And I'm still waiting on royalties from you leeches for my topic copyright infringement. :D

This is my first AMD System since my 2500+ Athlon XP when it was "Brand new" and still expensive.

Now that I have an X2, I love my socket 939. Also this is my first socket that dosent have a little gap in the middle like they usually do, so its deffinatly sexy lookin lol :p

Agromahdi123 said:
lemme ask how that happened, just for conversations sake dear eclipse...

He ripped it out, that's how it happened. :p Those don't generally "fall off".

tsuehpsyde said:
He ripped it out, that's how it happened. :p Those don't generally "fall off".
i thought that was one of his 'extreme overclocking' incidents? :confused:

either way, poor baby. :(

TSS Modder said:
i thought that was one of his 'extreme overclocking' incidents? :confused:

either way, poor baby. :(

No, that's a functional processor, just withtout the IHS. Kinda like a mobile chip...but it's uglier since it had that metal thing attached, plus he sanded the top of the core and made it look like crap. It's a miracle it still works, but that's a tribute to how much 754 r0x0rs.

i love my s939 AMD pretty good everything i almost went intel too but last second i was like.....ive never tried AMD (i used to say it suck cuz the clocks were so low) lets just try it for my first and probably last desktop build

heh, i wanted to pop the heatspreader off my 3200+ clawhammer. all went well... until i noticed my heatsink spinning really easily when mounted. i had already compensated for the different tension, so i did some poking about. turns out the top of the core (nickle plated) was rounded a bit, making contact pretty lame. perplexed as to what to do, i thought about it for a while. i then realized that the top wasn't the core itself, but a plating, and would be safe to lap like a heatsink. i did the best i could to make it flat, but in the process, some crazy cracks came up.
and no, i didn't hurt it.. not mhz wise at least :D

(cf)Eclipse said:
heh, i wanted to pop the heatspreader off my 3200+ clawhammer. all went well... until i noticed my heatsink spinning really easily when mounted. i had already compensated for the different tension, so i did some poking about. turns out the top of the core (nickle plated) was rounded a bit, making contact pretty lame. perplexed as to what to do, i thought about it for a while. i then realized that the top wasn't the core itself, but a plating, and would be safe to lap like a heatsink. i did the best i could to make it flat, but in the process, some crazy cracks came up.
and no, i didn't hurt it.. not mhz wise at least :D
wow, what a beast of a cpu.....wich i had the balls to do that to one of mine

I will be joining soon,this build will be my first time building a computer and my first AMD processor,it will be socket 939! :D

I love my s939 as well. I've since upgraded the power supply to an Enermax EG565P-VE FMA 2.0 Sli-Ready, but since the supply in the foto was also an Enermax, it hasn't changed appearance to much.

QDUST-alltogethernow.JPG

Today is a good day!

Last week I built my [H]ardware n00b bud his first AMD 64 s939 computer. Today he called t0o tell me how much faster it is than his 3.2Ghz EE his other friend built him!

Hey I have a picute I would like to add. This is when I had my premium, but I was having issues, so I bought the DFI :) Still got my asus tho, im gonna make it into a clock :)

X2 4400+ For Life!

DESKTOP1.jpg

USMC2Hard4U said:
Hey I have a picute I would like to add. This is when I had my premium, but I was having issues, so I bought the DFI :) Still got my asus tho, im gonna make it into a clock :)

X2 4400+ For Life!
So... I see you lost all hope in Intel in the near future if you are already comitted to buying an M2 :confused: :p

You have a nice system man... Have fun with it!

mpcamer1220 said:
So... I see you lost all hope in Intel in the near future if you are already comitted to buying an M2 :confused: :p

You have a nice system man... Have fun with it!
Well intels new architecture looks real good, but it wont be out until this time next year... thats along time.. but who knows. As it is right now, AMD is the heavyweight champ. Theirs no denying that. Hopefully Intels next gen Destroys the K8... tha just means AMD will have to make the K9 Better... either way, we all win :)

Competition is the best :)

*Jumps up and down waving hands in the air*
I wanna be down! I wanna be down! My rig is sorta pimp! :)

Hey, does anyone wanna buy my ram so I can put the cash towards a pair of 1GB sticks? I can't upgrade my ram cause the existing sticks are double sided and my mobo will only run at 333 with 4 sticks of double sided memory. :-(

Dood sign me up..... Im rebuilding an FX-53 system, running my sig in SLI (woot!) and I also have a nice little shuttle that has a 3500+ so my wife can email her sistas or whatever. Faster is better!!! The 57 is sooooooooooooo sweet! :D

I wanna be in!!! I love both my systems. The wife uses the 754 and, of course, I use the 939. Too bad I'm still AGP. Maybe I'll do a couple more freelance projects and get an SLI set up with dual 7800's...hmm, now to figure out how to get my wife to agree to that.

Back