Join the Alliance -- the Socket 939 Alliance!

I'm rejoining the Socket 939 Alliance. Well, I never left. But I just upgraded from 3200+ Venice to X2 4200+ Toledo. :cool: I'm looking forward to the dual-core experience. :)

Just went from my Asus A8V-Deluxe (love that board) and A64 3000+ winchester to a second hand DFI LanParty NF4 Ultra-D and 3800 X2 Toledo :D:D:D:D:D:D:D Embracing 939 to the end!

Sign me up! I just replaced my 3700 San Diego with an X2 3800 (currently clocked at 3GHz) Man I love 939!

Add me up now since I just received my X2 3800+ with a Abit AN8 32X. Remain to receive a set of Crucial Ballistix PC3200 from another trader then it's ready to be used as a file server.

I was a former Socket 754 club member ;)

Now officially a owner of a X2 3800+ with a AN8 32X motherboard. Remain to receive a set of 2x 512 Mb Crucial Ballistix ram and a Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro before pushing it further. I'm currently sitting at 2.4 GHz with cheap ram and stock AMD heatsink.

4200+ here

who knows what the + is for. 4200 is a 4200 dual core. shrugs.

I am still watching pricewatch for a 185 Denmark (2.6ghz 2x1 mb cache) to fall to the 150 dollar range.... then I wouldnt need C2D ever. just keep upping the gfx card.

been rocking a 3500+ Winchester since the first few weeks they came out :)

sign me up!

that is dedication. add some ram to that rig for a nice boost in gaming

yea, i've been watching for a nice opty 165 or 170... but i haven't bitten on anything yet. i may go with an x2, but I don't know as much about them, so i'm not sure what to get.

I thought I was in this. Can I join? I have a 4400+ X2 939 right now.

WoW ... I must have lived under a rock!

I had the XP3200+ for so long! I just aupgraded it with the X2 4200+ ... just dropped the processor in, installed the old heatsink ...and wala ... dual core goodness!!! a 1.5 year old computer still chugging along!

I have to say my name needs to removed from this club i wish it didnt have to be but my skt 939 computer was stolen a few months back and i went Am2 sorry guys :(

I have to say my name needs to removed from this club i wish it didnt have to be but my skt 939 computer was stolen a few months back and i went Am2 sorry guys :(

Sorry to hear that your computer was stolen. How does that happen, being that it's a PC and not a laptop? Did someone break into your apt. or house? Good luck w/ AM2; at least you're still in the AMD family. :cool:

Sorry to hear that your computer was stolen. How does that happen, being that it's a PC and not a laptop? Did someone break into your apt. or house? Good luck w/ AM2; at least you're still in the AMD family. :cool:

yeah some ass broke in to my ON campus apartment about 5 months ago, and walked off with my week old 8800gts video card in my MSI k8n sli mobo and dual core, along with my z-5500s

yeah some ass broke in to my ON campus apartment about 5 months ago, and walked off with my week old 8800gts video card in my MSI k8n sli mobo and dual core, along with my z-5500s

Oh man, that's horrible! :( Did you have renter's insurance? I don't want to take this too far off topic. Z-5500 speakers are sweet - I have them. Good luck w/ the new comp.

Count me in

abit an8-sli and a 3200 winchester thats doing 2.6ghz for 2 years already

now buying an opty 170 and looking forward to OC this baby and stay for it for hopefully another 2 years

Count me in

abit an8-sli and a 3200 winchester thats doing 2.6ghz for 2 years already

now buying an opty 170 and looking forward to OC this baby and stay for it for hopefully another 2 years

how much did you spend on your 170? i'm still patiently considering a 165 or 170...

count me in the "alliance". opty 165, and a terrible 170 before that, probably not gonna upgrade for a few more years... neither the 64 bit nor dual core aspect of cpu is really even being utilized right now, so i will upgrade my video at least once before i fully upgrade.

I have been running my 939 for a year and a half now. An Asrock Dual Sata II board and I love it. Never had a problem with it, mind you still only running an 3800+ X2, getting the itch to upgrade the processor.

Count me in on the Alliance!
I have a 4600 at 2.58 ghz with a POS Compaq board! :D
Viva 939!!

I had upgraded my 3200+ to X2 4200+. I also upgraded the HSF from stock to one made by Arctic Cooling. ~3 months after doing so, the CPU retention bracket broke (3 of 4 tabs broke). :eek: My PC was out of commission for almost 3 weeks. I contacted Asus, who sent me another CPU retention bracket (made for Socket 939). I'm still using the X2 4200, but downgraded to the much lighter stock HSF I had for my 3200+. I'm a little nervous about this b/c the fan is spinning like a jet engine and the CPU temp. is pretty high. I'll monitor this for a while. : \

2 of these chips here..

3800+ Newcastle on an A8V Deluxe
x2 3800 Toledo on a GA-K8NSC-939

Vive la Socket 939 and AGP!

How is my 3DMark06 score? My GPU is clocked at 650/1050 usuing Riva Tuner. The only option I changed in 3DMark06 was the resolution which was to 1680x1050.

3dmark06wt4.png

I would like to join I have been running my s939 for about 2 years this november.. 3700+ ftw!! $300 something dollars when I bought it in '05.. hopefully upgrading to a 4200 x2 or a opty 170 to hold onto my 939 setup

right on! we're still kick. LOL I'm about to actually build a new box using my DFI and my 3000+ :cool:

I've finally moved away from having any s939 boards anymore as my brother took my DFI board. Go figure...I actually have more s754 computers than s939 (2 vs. 0) :eek:.

A little bit late to the party, but...

s754 converter :cool:
MSI K8N Neo2 FX (with Platinum bios) + Toledo 3800+ X2 = an excuse to keep DDR and AGP going. Now that I have a real PCI lock I can OC for more than a day without crashing too. Going for broke, I actually made it through SuperPi 1m @ 300x10 (34.921, stupid me didn't write down the checksum/take an ss).

s939 will never fully die as long as we keep this thread going.

Back