Jerky/stuttering movement in BF3

I don't see microstuttering...I know it when I see it.

I see the warping and I saw it during the beta when people were falling through the bottom of the map. I lean toward some sort of server lag or bugs. Perhaps some of these 64-man servers aren't capable enough to run BF3.

If you guys read the HARDOCP review on BF3 performance it said there was a driver issue with crossfire that caused micro stuttering!

It's not micro stuttering. I had the issue and turning off HT worked for me too. Running i7 + GTX 460 SLI.

Guess im glad I didnt waste my money on an i7 when my Q9450 @ 3.8 Ghz runs games perfect :) lol

Yeah, experiencing the same problem, really annoying, doesn't happen in the campaign so it must be server related.

turning off HT has already been debunked all over the net. Myself included. HT on or off and you will still see plenty of rubber banding and warping.

In Bad Company 2, I basically had a 3 to 1 kill ratio average. Never suffered any any of this type of lag and now that I am, I'm just getting owned. I love the game but until there is a fix, I can't play. I'm getting 1 kill for every 5 or 6 times I'm killed. Doesn't seem to matter what server I connect to, I at least warp around and rubber band several times per match.

This is with HT on / off and all settings to one value or the next.

It isnt warping\rubber banding, I and most people still get that on occasion, it was stuttering that was with you pretty much every second of the game.

Idk if my game is stuttering or what... It's hard to explain. The campaign mode works perfectly fine... But when I join a server I try to run around and sometimes It will be fine for running almost a mile in game... and then other times I can barely move... its like I am running and then hit an invisible wall and go back to where I was before and then spring forward again (very jerky). It doesn't affect me when I am simply aiming or looking around, only when I am physically moving.

My Specs: Intel Core i7-2720QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, 8.0GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M (I have the latest BF3 Drivers... prior to the BF3 drivers my game would just simply crash randomly with the battlefield3.exe has stopped working error... now the game runs but is choppy...) Also, I am running Trend Micro Titanium Security... (Idk if this could be a problem... I know that it was for the Alpha and Beta, but I figured it would be fixed for the official game?) Also tried the fixes for changing the Max Pre-Rendered frames from 3 to 1 and that didn't help. I have tried all graphics settings... Low - High... tried Custom and putting everything Medium and turning off Ambient Occlusion and tried turning Vsync on and off... nothing seems to work to fix the problem.

I don't think it is my internet though... I am running on University of Nebraska Lincolns wireless and when downloading I get upwards of 11.0 mb/s and none of my other online games lag at all.

Also, I am unable to disable hyperthreading on my BIOS... It's not even an option? Any Ideas???? Or just wait for NVIDIA/EA to fix the problem.... :confused:

When I play though nobody else on the server is rubberbanding that I can tell... I'm not sprining like 5 ft forward just like inches forward and back like I am running on flat ground but it would seem like I was running up a set of stairs and then I miss a step and fall back one step and then keep running, but It's almost like every other step (Seems to get more severe when I am near a lot of enemies, not as bad when I am in the middle of nowhere)

When I play though nobody else on the server is rubberbanding that I can tell... I'm not sprining like 5 ft forward just like inches forward and back like I am running on flat ground but it would seem like I was running up a set of stairs and then I miss a step and fall back one step and then keep running, but It's almost like every other step (Seems to get more severe when I am near a lot of enemies, not as bad when I am in the middle of nowhere)

I still think that is rubberbanding - it is like you are running with a rubberband on your back and every now and then you get pulled back a few steps. It's lag/server load related.

Ah Ok thanks... So anything I can do on my part? Or just wait till they fix the servers? (I have tried multiple servers, all the same problem)

Ah Ok thanks... So anything I can do on my part? Or just wait till they fix the servers? (I have tried multiple servers, all the same problem)

You can try playing on smaller servers - the 64 man ones seem to have the most problems. It did seem to be a lot worse for me yesterday though - I didn't notice it at all on Tuesday.

I don't think it is possible for me to disable HT through my BIOS... I usually build my rigs... but this one was a graduation gift (laptop for college) and I don't see an option in my BIOS to disable it?

man theres a great bug video with this guy walking thru teh wall and up then down teh escaltor on pc gamers site LULZ!!!!!!!!

I don't think it is possible for me to disable HT through my BIOS... I usually build my rigs... but this one was a graduation gift (laptop for college) and I don't see an option in my BIOS to disable it?

What type of system? Maybe there's a hidden advanced menu or something, otherwise you might have to wait for a patch.

There is another thread I believe which states Hyperthreading (Intel CPUs) might be the problem. Disable HT if you can and see if it fixes it for you.

This plus the CCC CAT 4 changed my experience from terrible stutter and lag to flawless gameplay on Ultra 1920x1200 never dip below 60FPS with vsync enabled. Thanks for the tip!

What type of system? Maybe there's a hidden advanced menu or something, otherwise you might have to wait for a patch.

You might be able to just define the # of processors.

Start->Run->"msconfig"->Boot-> Advanced Options->Set that to 4 and reboot.

Seems to be working so far. Thanks for the info.

No problem. I'm just glad I got this fixed, playing through the SP now and it is pretty damn good. People that say its meh need to go play through MOH, BC2, and BLOPS SP campaigns again to remember how bad they were. I remember "sniping" missions in MOH that had you shooting at targets 50 meters away...lol. Sad sad gunplay.

No problem. I'm just glad I got this fixed, playing through the SP now and it is pretty damn good. People that say its meh need to go play through MOH, BC2, and BLOPS SP campaigns again to remember how bad they were. I remember "sniping" missions in MOH that had you shooting at targets 50 meters away...lol. Sad sad gunplay.

Yeah I agree, lotta fun to be had with this one. Personally am quite a fan of MW and MW2 storyline (I know a fan of Cod and BF!?!?! :eek:) I started pc gaming with BF2 and 2142 and loved those but I have always been a combat/revive player so I enjoy being in on the action which is why I also enjoy a run n' gun cod game as well.

Anyways though (before we stray this thread from fixes to a fanboy page :D) Thanks again for the help... hopefully they make a patch soon, but this seems to be gettin the job done so far!!

I didn't read the whole thread but I read that surround sound can cause stuttering issues, I disabled enhanced sound in game.

Well it worked for the last several days but now its back and rubberbanding worse than ever. Even with HT disabled and surround sound off and all low settings... to no avail. Any ideas now?

Well it worked for the last several days but now its back and rubberbanding worse than ever. Even with HT disabled and surround sound off and all low settings... to no avail. Any ideas now?

Rubber banding, where you run and then get pulled back, or extreme delay in actions being reflected on screen (like hitting E to enter a vehicle) is all server side. There is nothing you can do on your end except find a different server to play on. Stutter or graphics delay is a different issue.

Rubber banding, where you run and then get pulled back, or extreme delay in actions being reflected on screen (like hitting E to enter a vehicle) is all server side. There is nothing you can do on your end except find a different server to play on. Stutter or graphics delay is a different issue.

Alright... well atleast last week every other server or so worked... now I can't seem to find one for the life of me. Who knows how long it will be till EA actually decides to fix something.. :eek:

Back