Its maybe getting old but damn...

Discussion in 'Console Gaming & Acc.' started by n370zed, Jan 13, 2019.

1. n370zed

n370zed Limp Gawd

So my daughter who’s 90 % recovered from a virus which caused her temps to go up as high as 104 in a children’s hospital. She’s 3. There’s an Xbox 360 in her room. I went to pick it up being curious as to never actually being this close to one. Holy hell its heavy. Now I’ve picked up my fair share of consoles minus the Xbox one.Two hands I had to use. Two freaking hands. Now it was like 6 inches above my head laying down. I’m done rambling. Thanks for listening.

GoldenTiger and Armenius like this.
  2. BiH115

BiH115 Gif Guy

3. modi123

modi123 [H]ardness Supreme

Allegedly the original xbox360 weighs 3.5 kilograms (7.7 lbs)... I hear that's about 1296 ping pong balls.. or 1billion grains of sand.

http://www.weightandthings.com/screens.php?p=3.5&u=kg

Hopefully your kid's ok. Sounds like you may have caught the 'itus as well. ;)

4. Youn

Youn [H]ardness Supreme

hope she gets better soon

as for the weight, there may be gemstones in there to help boost healing powers

5. MavericK

MavericK Zero Cool

Didn't it also have a massive, heavy power brick?

Yeah...not that well-designed, as evidenced by the failure rate.

6. Motley

Motley 2[H]4U

Weird thread of the month nominee.

7. The Mad Atheist

The Mad Atheist Gawd

It's so heavy because most likely she stuffed PB&J sandwiches into to the drive! :p

8. Domingo

Domingo Skip My Posts

The last "great" console IMO. It brought so much to the table. HD-resolution graphics, great online platform, full-time surround sound, decent hardware, backward compatibility, etc.
    In the early days of the 360 I played it as much as I did my PC. The difference wasn't as night and day as it was prior or it is now, too.

Armenius likes this.
  9. Armenius

Armenius [H]ardForum Junkie

The Xbox One X is heavier at about 8.5 lbs, which is about how much the original 60GB PS3 weighed. It's got a big ass vapor chamber heatsink in it, but the power supply is internal which adds to the weight. I don't know how heavy the external power supply was for the Xbox 360. My PC weighs a good 40 lbs, so I wouldn't be complaining about a console's weight :ROFLMAO:.

10. harmattan

harmattan [H]ardness Supreme

Agreed with the PS3 also in the mix. Xbox 360 (and PS3) were cutting edge at the time, a far cry from the dogged, mid-range hardware we've seen in console releases since. It effectively had something between a 1800 and 1900XT ($500 card at the time), and a multi-core CPU when multi-core was still relatively rare, and a good amount of available VRAM for the time. The OS was also incredibly advanced compared to what had come before, yet still streamlined.

I had a launch-day Xbox 360. The console itself really wasn't that heavy, but the power brick was a beast.

merlin704, Domingo and Armenius like this.
  11. Daydream188

Daydream188 n00b