Is your broadband dsl or cable?

Do you have Cable or DSL?

• Total voters

brom42

2[H]4U
I am just interested in finding out the ratio of dsl to cable users here.

I have 1.5/256 adsl.

supposedly 1.5/768 (i think. it may only be 256 or 512 up) adsl from verizon.

864/160 (max) actual. average somewhere around 400/160. min: 32/160. (not a typo:()

Cable.

5000/800.

And yes, that's sustained provided the destination host can keep up with that bandwidth.

Planning on moving to 10000/1000 sometime early next year from Cogeco.ca

I have 1.5down, 128 or 256 up, with verizon in NYC. I'm wondering if I can get a better DSL deal for $30 or less. No cable in my house at all, so thats not an option.

I envy all you guys. I can only get ISDN here at 128k :mad:

Gotta move outta the sticks one of these days, and quit having to pay for sunshine. :D

Ax

cable 4/0.5

have the option to upgrade to 5/0.768 for $15 more

Cable, dont know the speeds though, think it is 3mb down..

cable, wideopenwest

2000/300.

im trying to justify paying an extra 15$ a month for 3000/500 :(

LadyJaqie said:
howabout other?? carrollsweb wireless internet service...

it isn't advertised but I pay $50/mo for 1.5/1.5

I find it kind of annoying that people ask a simple question and then put up a bunch of answers in their polls. I wanted a simple either/or question and have a simple poll. I want to know the ratio of cable to dsl, if you have something else than this poll is not for you. I have to say, you have it good with that 1.5 upload speed. 256 is the highest I can get at my place :(

DSL...768/135 thinking about Getting 3/768 DSL service :)

I Went with DSL because Majority of Cable Providers have "Capping".

acascianelli said:
cable, wideopenwest

2000/300.

im trying to justify paying an extra 15$ a month for 3000/500 :(

Got the same thing here (tv + internet package).

For kicks, I did a speedtest at my college yesterday. They had 5000/5000. :eek:

brom42 said:
I find it kind of annoying that people ask a simple question and then put up a bunch of answers in their polls. I wanted a simple either/or question and have a simple poll. I want to know the ratio of cable to dsl, if you have something else than this poll is not for you. I have to say, you have it good with that 1.5 upload speed. 256 is the highest I can get at my place :(
hm. then maybe you could have stated that in your post? or maybe just said other as an option and then calculated it out...

I know I'm ''lucky'' to get it (perhaps lucky isnt the word, as I looked hard for this kind of bandwidth) as I stated it's not advertised I had to speak with the head tech AND the head money monger to get this bandwidth... they were only ''offering'' 384/384 services...

DTV/DSL here. 8 meg per second down/768K up -- plus 120 channels of TV and telephone! How do they get all that over the phone line???

There is 10 meg per second coming into the house. If I could figure out how to get into their gateway box (an Allied Telesyn AT-RG213TX) maybe I could change how it allocates thing and up my internet to 10 meg per second??

Standard Verizon...

I'd have cable but comcast in this area is so flakey...

Verizon 2 years of straight uptime...

Comcast was down every 15min

Back