• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is your broadband dsl or cable?

Do you have Cable or DSL?


  • Total voters
    110

brom42

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
3,980
I am just interested in finding out the ratio of dsl to cable users here.

I have 1.5/256 adsl.
 
supposedly 1.5/768 (i think. it may only be 256 or 512 up) adsl from verizon.

864/160 (max) actual. average somewhere around 400/160. min: 32/160. (not a typo:()
 
Cable.

5000/800.

And yes, that's sustained provided the destination host can keep up with that bandwidth.

Planning on moving to 10000/1000 sometime early next year from Cogeco.ca
 
I have 1.5down, 128 or 256 up, with verizon in NYC. I'm wondering if I can get a better DSL deal for $30 or less. No cable in my house at all, so thats not an option.
 
I envy all you guys. I can only get ISDN here at 128k :mad:

Gotta move outta the sticks one of these days, and quit having to pay for sunshine. :D

Ax
 
cable 4/0.5

have the option to upgrade to 5/0.768 for $15 more
 
Cable, dont know the speeds though, think it is 3mb down..
 
cable, wideopenwest

2000/300.

im trying to justify paying an extra 15$ a month for 3000/500 :(
 
LadyJaqie said:
howabout other?? carrollsweb wireless internet service...

it isn't advertised but I pay $50/mo for 1.5/1.5


I find it kind of annoying that people ask a simple question and then put up a bunch of answers in their polls. I wanted a simple either/or question and have a simple poll. I want to know the ratio of cable to dsl, if you have something else than this poll is not for you. I have to say, you have it good with that 1.5 upload speed. 256 is the highest I can get at my place :(
 
DSL...768/135 thinking about Getting 3/768 DSL service :)

I Went with DSL because Majority of Cable Providers have "Capping".
 
acascianelli said:
cable, wideopenwest

2000/300.

im trying to justify paying an extra 15$ a month for 3000/500 :(

Got the same thing here (tv + internet package).

For kicks, I did a speedtest at my college yesterday. They had 5000/5000. :eek:
 
brom42 said:
I find it kind of annoying that people ask a simple question and then put up a bunch of answers in their polls. I wanted a simple either/or question and have a simple poll. I want to know the ratio of cable to dsl, if you have something else than this poll is not for you. I have to say, you have it good with that 1.5 upload speed. 256 is the highest I can get at my place :(
hm. then maybe you could have stated that in your post? or maybe just said other as an option and then calculated it out...

I know I'm ''lucky'' to get it (perhaps lucky isnt the word, as I looked hard for this kind of bandwidth) as I stated it's not advertised I had to speak with the head tech AND the head money monger to get this bandwidth... they were only ''offering'' 384/384 services...
 
DTV/DSL here. 8 meg per second down/768K up -- plus 120 channels of TV and telephone! How do they get all that over the phone line???

There is 10 meg per second coming into the house. If I could figure out how to get into their gateway box (an Allied Telesyn AT-RG213TX) maybe I could change how it allocates thing and up my internet to 10 meg per second??
 
Standard Verizon...

I'd have cable but comcast in this area is so flakey...

Verizon 2 years of straight uptime...

Comcast was down every 15min
 
Back
Top