I keep reading posts about which power supply we need, and I'm currently running the build in my sig, but my UPS says I'm pulling 180w idle, 252 under full load running Prime95 stress blend. However, I've had people tell me my HX620 is not good enough to run my build, which is why I bought the TX750W. True, I plan on eventually getting a GTX 275 or 285, but I don't plan on running sli anytime in the near future.
Is there another component of picking a power supply I'm not aware of? I know the rails are important for GPU draw, but why are people getting 1000+w power supplies if they are only using a single cpu / dual gpu setup? Can someone shed some light on the subject for me?
Thanks.
Is there another component of picking a power supply I'm not aware of? I know the rails are important for GPU draw, but why are people getting 1000+w power supplies if they are only using a single cpu / dual gpu setup? Can someone shed some light on the subject for me?
Thanks.