Is NEC going to release a P242W model?

with that stand it sits lower but it still wont go down flush with the desktop, its 2 inches above. Perhaps the way more expensive robotic/articulated arm thingy they do would go lower.
I think that 2 inches are ergonomically not bad. But you can also use a wall- or desk-mounting arm. Disadvantages: Screw holes.

The cheapest method: Place the monitor on the desk and make a pillar behind with a piece of wood.

i got the ergotron thats an articulated arms that clamps to the side of the desk (no holes). Works perfect!

Don't mean to resurrect this thread, but I recently installed Spectraview II for my new P232W noticed as of version 1.1.14 dated Feb 27, they added support for a P242W. I suspect they will release it soon.

Don't mean to resurrect this thread, but I recently installed Spectraview II for my new P232W noticed as of version 1.1.14 dated Feb 27, they added support for a P242W. I suspect they will release it soon.

It's on NEC's website now. Retails for $750... pricey, but not insane for a pro Nec model. I'm not sure if it's in any stores yet though. Although at that price you'd think they could have made it PWM free. If BenQ can do it with their cheapo stuff, I see no excuse for a $750 model to have flicker.

Last edited:
Back