is it too late to get into wow?

I wouldn't bother, I tried to get into the game but there is just way too much grinding involved. I would look into playing Guild Wars if I were you. A game where Skill+Creative = Win.

Sigh... WoW leveling wise has next to no grinding compared to other MMO's. Also, even arena is easy to get items.

Sigh... WoW leveling wise has next to no grinding compared to other MMO's. Also, even arena is easy to get items.

Yep. WoW 'grinding' is a joke compared to other mm's. MMO's like EQ gaining every level was a massive achievement.

In WoW you level nobody gives a shit:eek:

Flashback to EQ days:

/ooc yay DING 30!!!!

/replier#1 WOOOHOO GRATS
/replier#2 CONGRATS man great work on your level
/replier#3 woooooooot nice job WTG!
/noob shouts TRAIN TO ZONE FUCKIN MOVE IT OR LOSE IT PPL CHOOCHOO!!
/replier#4 GRATS wtg

Wow isn't time consuming plus you're DOING something...

Remember all that time spent in Anarchy Online planning implants, then finding out you need 23 more rifle skill to use a weapon so you'd ask around for buff but then you wouldn't have enough NCU so you'd need to ............ it never ended.

I spent more time doing implants than playing, yet, I loved that game :)

I have a question, why do they put a cap on level's. From what i have gathered it used to be 60 for the first game then they upped it to 70 and now 80?

Why not just have an exponential scale so you can always progress, once you have the maximum level, what is the point in playing or have i got it completely wrong?

I have a question, why do they put a cap on level's. From what i have gathered it used to be 60 for the first game then they upped it to 70 and now 80?

Why not just have an exponential scale so you can always progress, once you have the maximum level, what is the point in playing or have i got it completely wrong?

likely because how the game is focused on raiding. If there was no hard cap that would screw up the difficulty level of the end game istances. There are games which do have a 'soft cap' as it's called which simply require hundreds of hours if not thousands to gain one level towards the highest levels. Even these games usually have a limit to how high you can get at any given time. Most players never make that limit, but it's still there.

I'm also pretty sure you can just buy keys for the original and TBC online and download the client. It is a huge download though.

You can, but yea it takes a solid 3 hours to get done, with updates n all

It's really never too late to get back into it. Especially now with WOTLK coming out later this week, you won't miss out on much. They reduced the amount of xp per level so it shouldn't take long to get to 70 and then to 80.

My problem with WoW was not it consuming my social life but rather my game time. When I played WoW I wouldn't play any of the other games I had collected. I was sitting on Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon on 360 for months because I didn't want to give up WoW time for them and I'm a huge JRPG fan.

Yeah, that's what I found too. I couldn't really consider myself a gamer for a while since the only game I really played was WoW. Although these days I play neither WoW nor all the games I've been collecting due to time constraints. :(

I'm hoping around Dec things will clear up and I'll bust out the WotLK and finish up some console games piling up. Maybe try out that new fangled PC stuff like Fallout 3 or Deadspace. Ironic that I built myself a rather good gaming machine and all its ever done in its half-year lifespan are word spreadsheets, graphs, circuit simulation, and word documents (I have to admit it's rather good at it though).

But I digress. If you like being an all-around gamer, don't pick up WoW. If you like focusing on one game, it's definitely not too late to pick up WoW. It's actually the best time ever right now for new players to join, especially with friends (whether existing WoW players or new ones). There's all kinds of crazy bonuses for signing up and playing with friends now (both in terms of cool items and SUPER CRAZY BONUS XP) and with the expansion coming next week, there won't be an end-game gap for you when you hit the higher levels, as everyone will be fresh at 80, so you won't have the "never going to catch up" phenomenon like in EVE, where you will literally never catch up to someone who started playing at release (not that EVE is a bad game, because it's very cool). WoW is also the most noob friendly MMO out there in terms of learning curve and advancement speed.

I have a bunch of characters but they're all <20. I'm still getting WLC CE though. I just hope I can find it in me to get at least one character to level 70 before the years up.

I have a bunch of characters but they're all <20. I'm still getting WLC CE though. I just hope I can find it in me to get at least one character to level 70 before the years up.

Do what my buddy who got me into WOW did, do the refer a friend. If you get someone else into it, you get triple XP when turning in quests together. He and I haven't been able to get online together much, but we're leveling like mad when we do! That'll help both you and your friend, for 90 days.

To the OP, no it's not too late to get into the game. I just started about a month ago and so far I like it a lot. I still have a life and still do other things, but when I feel like gaming WOW fits the bill nicely... ;)

I think he wants a game that will be entertaining for many months to come, not 2 weeks.

*zing*

Sad but true. This is coming from a guy with two R40s. Took me about two weeks to get each of the characters up to 40 and haven't really played them since. I might get WotLK for my PvE fix and use WAR as my PvP outlet or maybe none of them if Left 4 Dead is fun :D

I was wondering about this same topic, im also thinking about WoW.

Only thing is Im having a very hard time getting into it. Im a former EQ player for 6-7 years and mabay Im just way burnt out.

Signed up tor the 10 day free trial, it expires Sunday and I mabay have 30 minutes total invested.

Sad but true. This is coming from a guy with two R40s. Took me about two weeks to get each of the characters up to 40 and haven't really played them since. I might get WotLK for my PvE fix and use WAR as my PvP outlet or maybe none of them if Left 4 Dead is fun :D

eh? I've play every day for several hours and my main is only R33. I suppose that hitting R40 before the majority of the population is even IN T4 just MIGHT make the game boring.

I was in a warband last night running through the T4 zones taking keeps and smashing Order. It was easily as fun as any raid I ever did in WoW. On my server there are enough people in T4 for there to be ORvR going on. Keeps the game fun.

Its not late I started last month, and I found plenty of new people. Depends on the server. Going to have to install WoW again (Built a new computer)

eh? I've play every day for several hours and my main is only R33. I suppose that hitting R40 before the majority of the population is even IN T4 just MIGHT make the game boring.

I was in a warband last night running through the T4 zones taking keeps and smashing Order. It was easily as fun as any raid I ever did in WoW. On my server there are enough people in T4 for there to be ORvR going on. Keeps the game fun.

wtf is R33 and R40?

In WAR your Rank is your level. Max "level" is R40/Rank 40. Then you have renown rank with is basically how much scenario grinding you do. RR80 gives you phat skillz and lewt.

Guess I didn't read it all thoroughly enough. Figured you were talking about WoW.

Back