Is DLSS The Real Deal?

Dlss 2.0 will herald 120fps 4k ;). If it's implemented commonly in demanding games.

Reactions: noko
like this
DLSS 2 also works on ultrawides, 21:9 type monitors. Great tech supported by the hardware design. Ampere may even improve the performance gained by DLSS. I would expect that with better fine tuned hardware. Just have to get real hardware reviews and tests for the results. Then plentiful of games that I would want to play.

There are other things such as upscaling 4k to 8k. Or take your 1080p Bluray to 4k. In other words I would expect Nvidia to expand this tech. Speed up rendering 3d images or animations is another for the professional market.

Probably not, but it is as good or slightly better than native res, but with much higher performance.

DSR is a downsampling technology and DLSS is a reconstruction/up scaling technology. I guess Ncidia could allow both but they do have fundamentally opposite goals.

DSR is a downsampling technology and DLSS is a reconstruction/up scaling technology. I guess Ncidia could allow both but they do have fundamentally opposite goals.
even DSR has its own issues, haven't seen any tests comparing both, but quality/performance wise I'd say DLSS wins.

DSR is nice, I used it to play old games like HL2 and L4D in 5K resolution (on a 1080p UW) and it definitely made the lower resolution look better.

The performance cost is huge though, and only really viable for fairly old games. But quality wise it's definitely better than DLSS.

If you use 2x (so render at 4K on a 1080p panel) I would say it gives the appearance almost of 1440p (or better in some cases).

But it's basically useless for new games, whereas DLSS improves both quality (somewhat) and performance (significantly).

Though, DSR works on basically any game that can run on your computer, which is a huge boon, especially if you like old games.

Back