iPhone 4 pre-order

I gave up and canceled my AT&T pre-order that wouldn't even arrive until "sometime" next week. Not so "pre" anymore.

I'll just wait a few weeks and get it directly from Apple.

My pre-order got cancelled for no apparent reason... my wife got hers today though.
Now I'm being told that I can come by Tuesday for a free-for-all to pick up an iPhone 4.
They will be handing out knives and setting up an octagon, last man standing gets the 1 iPhone they have for sale.

I'm very much P.O.ed at Apple and AT&T for such a messy pre-order process.

pretty funny : http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/

So perusing the apple support forums. People are now returning their iPhone 4's due to various reasons. Anyone return theirs yet, or are thinking about it?

My contract isnt up till 2011 can i go to att or appple store and buy a phone for a little more than the usual upgrade cost for finished contracts? If so do i just bring my phone since the account holder name is in anoyher state and this is on a family plan

My contract isnt up till 2011 can i go to att or appple store and buy a phone for a little more than the usual upgrade cost for finished contracts? If so do i just bring my phone since the account holder name is in anoyher state and this is on a family plan

i dont know how exactly you would proceed with the upgrade, online would probably work best, but the prices for early upgrade with a 2 year contract renewal is an extra $200 onto the new 2 year contract price, so, for example, the 32 gb iphone 4 would run you $500 instead of $300. and if you wanted to upgrade without contract renewal, the 32 gb iphone 4 would run you $700, or an extra $400 on top of new 2 year contract price

quick question for those who've already gotten their phones: when you activate the phone, does it allow you to pick which number on your plan to activate the phone with?

for example, if i use another members upgrade on my account to purchase the phone, when i activate the phone can i tell it to activate on my line and download my sim information? or do i need to figure out how to do a sim swap with a microsim?

anyone? has no one done this yet?

im waiting to purchase an iPhone 4 until i can make sure this can be done, and im started to get tired of waiting :p

i dont know how exactly you would proceed with the upgrade, online would probably work best, but the prices for early upgrade with a 2 year contract renewal is an extra $200 onto the new 2 year contract price, so, for example, the 32 gb iphone 4 would run you $500 instead of $300. and if you wanted to upgrade without contract renewal, the 32 gb iphone 4 would run you $700, or an extra $400 on top of new 2 year contract price

fair enough...ill do this and sell my 3g for whatever i can get to somewhat help fund a new one

My second iPhone 4 is on its way. All of a sudden, I can't hear the person on the other end when making/receiving a phone call. Flipping to speaker phone works. The only thing I can think of being related is that I plugged the phone in to my Aux port in my car in between when it did/didn't work.

anyone? has no one done this yet?

im waiting to purchase an iPhone 4 until i can make sure this can be done, and im started to get tired of waiting :p

I pre-ordered last years 3GS on my moms number to use for myself, until I had activated the phone on her number there was nothing else I could do with it, I only had that option, so I had to wait till she was home to make sure she wasn't without a phone, and once it was active, I just swapped our sim cards.

So in my experience, you can only activate the phone on the phone number for which it was ordered, and then you can swap the sims, which is a bit more difficult on the iPhone 4 with the whole micro-sim dealie..

at&t stated in their own youtube page that you can use an "upgraded" iphone 4 on any family line.

I just ordered mine from the AT&T store:

order.jpg

My quest to get my hands on an iPhone4 have ended yesterday when AT&T finally opened yesterday to sell it to walk in customers.

It was funny how it went down, I got to the AT&T store at 7am and there's already 50 people ahead on me waiting in line outside of the store.
30 mins into it, a rep came out and said that there are no more iPhone4 for sale... about 20 people left the line only for another rep to come out not even 5 mins later to say that all they have are vouchers for the 50 iPhone4 (30 16gb, 20 32gb) they are getting shipment for later that morning!!!
Thank God I decided to stay in line just to order it, with the others leaving the line, I made the bubble and came back around noon to pick up my 32gb.

It's been real and fun, but I don't think I'll be doing this until iPhone6 comes out...
The online pre-order mess for both Apple and AT&T, the walk in pre-order with AT&T, the cancellation of order for no reason, the I can't order online due to AT&T messing up my account due to the failed pre-order and finally the near disaster walk-in purchase. I don't think I want to go thru that again anytime soon.

My quest to get my hands on an iPhone4 have ended yesterday when AT&T finally opened yesterday to sell it to walk in customers.

It was funny how it went down, I got to the AT&T store at 7am and there's already 50 people ahead on me waiting in line outside of the store.
30 mins into it, a rep came out and said that there are no more iPhone4 for sale... about 20 people left the line only for another rep to come out not even 5 mins later to say that all they have are vouchers for the 50 iPhone4 (30 16gb, 20 32gb) they are getting shipment for later that morning!!!
Thank God I decided to stay in line just to order it, with the others leaving the line, I made the bubble and came back around noon to pick up my 32gb.

It's been real and fun, but I don't think I'll be doing this until iPhone6 comes out...
The online pre-order mess for both Apple and AT&T, the walk in pre-order with AT&T, the cancellation of order for no reason, the I can't order online due to AT&T messing up my account due to the failed pre-order and finally the near disaster walk-in purchase. I don't think I want to go thru that again anytime soon.

Patience is a virtue! Congrats. Hope you enjoy it. :)

Patience is a virtue! Congrats. Hope you enjoy it. :)

And enjoying it indeed! Thanks!

I'm coming from a 16gb 3G, so the experience is like upgrading from a Pentium4 with Vista (sluggish) to an i7 with Win7 (match made in heaven) and a larger monitor.

Functionality wise, with iOS4, it's almost the same. I'm still trying to get used to the multitasking, I'm used to one app at a time that I dont even bother keeping other apps open.
The biggest plus for me is the 720p30 HD Video recording, it actually takes better video than my SD miniDV camcorder (duh!) and my Nikon D5000 DSLR 720p24.
Not having to carry a separate camcorder is a big plus on vacation, but the 5mp camera is still nothing compared to most ~8mp P-n-S camera.

And enjoying it indeed! Thanks!

I'm coming from a 16gb 3G, so the experience is like upgrading from a Pentium4 with Vista (sluggish) to an i7 with Win7 (match made in heaven) and a larger monitor.

Functionality wise, with iOS4, it's almost the same. I'm still trying to get used to the multitasking, I'm used to one app at a time that I dont even bother keeping other apps open.
The biggest plus for me is the 720p30 HD Video recording, it actually takes better video than my SD miniDV camcorder (duh!) and my Nikon D5000 DSLR 720p24.
Not having to carry a separate camcorder is a big plus on vacation, but the 5mp camera is still nothing compared to most ~8mp P-n-S camera.
coming from the same boat,

I have an iPhone 3G (8GB) don't think I ever had more than 1GB of music on it, and maybe 500MB of apps.
going to an iPhone 4th gen, with 32GB.

It's like driving a Foxbody 4-cylinder Mustang, then going to a 5.0L V8.

Still wish there was 3G networking locally.

Back