iPhone 4 pre-order

I thought the new Iphone was supposed to be lighter then the 3gs. I just got my new iphone and I think it feels much heavier.....anyone else noticing this??

Where is iMovie for iPhone? Not released yet I guess? I caused a scene at the local Apple store today when I took the iPhone 4 there, it was awesome haha

Where is iMovie for iPhone? Not released yet I guess? I caused a scene at the local Apple store today when I took the iPhone 4 there, it was awesome haha

It's on the App Store. Costs 5 bucks.

I thought the new Iphone was supposed to be lighter then the 3gs. I just got my new iphone and I think it feels much heavier.....anyone else noticing this??

It's the new materials construction making you think that. Glass instead of plastic, stainless steel instead of aluminum.

The declining signal thing is a side effect of the iPhone 4's frequency switching, per Mossberg's review. You're still getting a good signal, the bars just aren't reporting it accurately. Known bug, will be fixed. I'd expect iOS 4.0.1 sooner rather than later.

All I need now is a good case and screen protector. I can't seem to find any. Anyone know where to get them???

That is cool, but I'm looking more for like a full protector like the Iskin or Ivyskin cases

Last week, our account manager (corporate account) was entering the list of iPhone 4 upgrades for employees, and the site went down while she was entering mine. When it came back up, all the pre-orders had been sold out. A few others and I were told that we simply had bad luck and would have to wait until they got more in stock to get ours.

We had four of them show up today, and while going through the confirmation emails, there was one for my phone number. Despite the site crashing, my order apparently did get submitted and now I have a tracking number for delivery tomorrow. I'm much happier now. =)

I think I'm going to do Zagg invisibleSHIELD covers on the glass front and back, with the Tech21 iBand bumper. I really like the slider case on my 3G, but that iBand looks pretty sweet.

Does the discoloration happen after some usage, or it would have it right out of the box? I've been using mine for over two hours and did not notice any discoloration.

As far as the signal strength issue- holding it does decrease the 1-2 bars I barely get anyway. It may just be because I have terrible service to begin with and when my fingers are over the metal band, whatever signal is getting through, isn't anymore. Although, I'd be happy to find out if it is a software issue with the accelerometer, etc.

*shrugs*

I love this phone.

Fuckers at Radioshack said they couldn't sell me their iPhone cases till tomorrow...

What do they have there? I'm wondering where I can get a bumper without going to Apple.

Wow, not a single low-lighting photo so far, gg.

Is it cuz there's not much to show off?

Got my phone yesterday, just about an hour ago my dock shipped, and my black bumper case ships tomorrow, so I'll have it all sometime in the middle of next week or earlier.

I do suffer from the yellow discoloration though, kind of a bummer, the Apple Store's genius bar reservations are totally borked online right now too, keeps timing out, maybe I'm not the only one with issues, can't even imagine doing it tomorrow during the actual launch though, dang, gonna ask my friends that work there if there are even any replacement phones in yet.

it's 3 blobs on the bottom of the screen, with the largest most prevalent on the lower right of the screen, I probably wouldn't have noticed it in any app with color involved, but you get to a white app or one with full scrolling white menus or something and there's the yellow on the bottom...

Settings shows it really prevalently, otherwise I probably wouldn't notice, although it's annoying and a defect and I fully expect Apple to fix it by replacing either the phone or the screen (seeing how hard the screen replacement is according to iFixIt), but probably the phone as a whole unit because of time constraints replacing whole front screen/glass parts on iPhone 4's at tons of stores.

oh man I'm praying that mine won't have the yellow blobs of disappointment! Mine's on a FedEx truck for delivery this morning... (finally!)

It's the 24th, AT&T still shows "In Progress", no changes, no shipping email, zippo.

To me, the lack of status info/updates is the real crap job, and not the overwhelmed system during the actual ordering.

According to this post at Mac Rumors, folks who ordered a 32 GB iPhone through AT&T on 6/15 and whose order number starts with #5051 (like mine does) have been stuck in the status of "In Progress" all week; the reason is that the entire shipment was backordered and is just now arriving today. Poster claims the CSR told him "3-5 business days" until we get our orders.

It's not a world-ender, my life isn't going to stop, but damn. I won't be pre-ordering again. I'll just wait.

My pre-order got cancelled for no apparent reason... my wife got hers today though.
Now I'm being told that I can come by Tuesday for a free-for-all to pick up an iPhone 4.
They will be handing out knives and setting up an octagon, last man standing gets the 1 iPhone they have for sale.

I'm very much P.O.ed at Apple and AT&T for such a messy pre-order process.

Just got confirmation from an AT&T CSR that my 6/15 32GB order hasn't even shipped yet. According to the CSR, the order shows 6/17, even though I have an email from 6/15 confirming it.

Never pre-ordering again. I'll just stick it out a few weeks next time.

attform.jpg

Last edited:
Got my phone yesterday, just about an hour ago my dock shipped, and my black bumper case ships tomorrow, so I'll have it all sometime in the middle of next week or earlier.

I do suffer from the yellow discoloration though, kind of a bummer, the Apple Store's genius bar reservations are totally borked online right now too, keeps timing out, maybe I'm not the only one with issues, can't even imagine doing it tomorrow during the actual launch though, dang, gonna ask my friends that work there if there are even any replacement phones in yet.

aaaaaaaaand the yellow blotch is gone, apparently it was the compound between the screen and the glass not being fully evaporated on arrival that was responsible for the blotches.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/24/iphone-4s-yellow-spot-issue-goes-away-with-a-bit-of-time/

at least it took care of itself.

Yea, can't really blame the guy. If some apple employee came up and offered me to get the phone, I sure as hell would skip too.

I would've boo'd as well out of principle, but at least he was on the line waiting. An Apple employee came up to him and took him out of line.

True, but he was picked specifically because he's a celebrity. If there were other random consumers picked to jump ahead as well, then it'd be slightly less irksome.

Another email from AT&T CSR says my order was processed 6/17 even though it was placed 6/15. So, I'm in the second or THIRD wave of shipments, which means a few days to two weeks.

Gotta laugh at how ridiculous this is.

Back