iPhone 4 pre-order

title_backsoon1.gif

Apple Store online now has 'We'll be back soon' message. Might coincide with ATT's 4AM pre-order?

I've been reading that ATT does not get very many compared to the apple stores and apple.com so I think id have a better chance doing it that way.

It shouldn't matter if you preorder. A rumor I read said that AT&T stores won't have the white version, though.

AT&T Eligibility Check keeps timing out on me..

Done! The site was getting hammered.

Anyone get the confirmation email yet?

anyone who is upgrading a line get through yet?

This is what I don't get. It's not like this was unexpected. How hard can it be to beef up there servers and connections for a few days to accommodate the extra traffic?

@0Ptional - I go to 'Your phone is eligible for iPhone 4, click to proceed' which I did and then it timed out... FML

This is what I don't get. It's not like this was unexpected. How hard can it be to beef up there servers and connections for a few days to accommodate the extra traffic?

@0Ptional - I go to 'Your phone is eligible for iPhone 4, click to proceed' which I did and then it timed out... FML

Same just happened to me, got to the 'add to cart' button just after it and it timed out... ugh!

Anyone get the confirmation email yet?

I did but it was strange it said the iphone was $0 and the subtotal was $11.94 for tax....

When I go to my order status page it says it was $199 plus tax though. Let me know what your email says, it took like 10 minutes to get mine.

Just got the "Order Acknowledgment" E-mail for my 16GB (I'm just getting this one to hold me over for 32GB White) and it looks correct! $212 total w/ my upgrade pricing. It took the email a solid 10-15 min to come in and the order is in my order status.

Just keep trying folks, once the storm dies down you'll get through.

i got a confirm email for pickup :eek:

I couldnt get to upgrade a line since it would loop so i just went for add a line.

Its done this about five times to me.... I'm about to give up.

I guess that's the difference between me and you lol, I want to be sure my order happens so I'll be up till I get the email...

if I ever get to pay for it...

as of ~6:30a eastern time, placed an order successfully through ATT's website. Apple's website went down just before 6a EST, then came up and was smooth for like the first 3 mins. As I tried to get it to transfer my number...it started dying. ATT's website still seems to be going strong though. Hopefully they will get the iphone to me on launch day (because they claim they can't 'guarentee it'...but maybe they're just being more realistic than apple's promising remarks...)

update: got confirmation email from att.

Looks like Apples site is down again! SHEW I am glad I got up at 4am for this LOL

everyone noticed that people with business premier account is not able to order the iphone 4
I am seeing that on other forums too

timeout when submitting order on att.com
timeout when adding to card on apple.com

yay for everyone wawking up right now.

This is ridiculous. I know from working in IT that servers can and do crash but come on people. After three iPhone releases you figure they would have figured this out by now. How is it that in 2010 they still haven't setup their servers to accommodate the extra load?

Back