iOS 14

ng4ever

[H]ard|Gawd
Yes callbar jailbreak tweak by default in iOS 14 for phone calls! No need to jailbreak! A lot of useful idea in iOS 14 from jailbreak developers it seems!

acascianelli

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm repairing an iPhone 7+ that was given to me. Got the screen replaced last night so I decided to load the Developer Beta on there.

acascianelli

Supreme [H]ardness
The WiFi toggle Control Center finally completes turns off the WiFi radio. Thank Crom.

UnknownSouljer

Supreme [H]ardness
I think most of the stuff was really derived from Apple studying Android more than studying things jailbreakers were doing (although in fairness I'm sure there was some of that too).
Either way, these features are coming now. Still not sure if I'll get on the developer beta this time or not. I did last year for iOS 13 because I wanted Dark Mode so badly. But as I found out: when they say beta they do mean beta. There was stuff broken that was generally speaking not broken before. Like issues with a lot of web apps not loading or updating. Mail app just literally crashing. It's amazing that all of that stuff gets polished up and out before it hits customers just 3 or so months afterwards with basically all that stuff fixed. While it taught me a lot about how software gets tested I'm not sure I want the same experience again on my only phone.

jeremyshaw

[H]F Junkie
The WiFi toggle Control Center finally completes turns off the WiFi radio. Thank Crom.
Honestly, that may just be a bug or an oversight. Apple deliberately regressed the toggle to only "soft" off the WiFi radio not too long ago.

ghostwich

[H]ard|Gawd
I cannot wait to set defaults for browser, mail. That'll be nice. I get tired of tap-hold to copy URLs instead of simply tapping to open. Safari ain't bad, but the competition has compelling enough features. Same with Mail, really.

The widgets are a hot mess. Can't say if I like it or truly hate it. I've been experimenting with a home screen page of 2x of the Siri suggestions and that is interesting.

The App Library is... well, the Start Menu, basically.

Two steps forward, one step back, I think. Still early, we'll see I suppose!

mjz_5

2[H]4U
The idea with the soft toggle makes sense. for example. If I’m at work the the wifi is blocking something. Turn off soft toggle. But when I go home. It will still connect to my wifi. Saves me from having to remember.