Introducing Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Microsoft has officially unveiled the Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition, a limited edition that will feature a custom design with the words “Project Scorpio” printed on the console and the controller, alongside a sophisticated and dynamic graphic pattern across the exterior. It’s supposedly available for pre-order now, yet none of the links appear to be working...

Today we unveiled the Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition designed for fans who want to be the first to experience the world’s most powerful console – and it’s available for pre-order now for $499 USD until supplies run out. When we announced Project Scorpio last year, we were overwhelmed by the excitement from our fans. And although we revealed Project Scorpio as Xbox One X at E3 earlier this year, the codename will live on in the Scorpio Engine that powers the console, as well as in this limited-edition console. We designed the Project Scorpio Edition for fans to celebrate both our heritage and the power and precision that we are bringing into our future.

Sweet, got one. I'll decide later if I actually want to keep the order.

Gamestop is supposedly doing a trade-in deal, so that may be the better place to get it (for those who have another Xbox One they want to get rid of).

Got mine. Yeah megalith I was wondering about trade in deals tho. Its tough because when they do that, its closer to launch so you may not get the first round of shipments...

Ordered one as well. I'm not sure if this is going to be hard to get your hands on at launch but I figured I'd rather have it preordered to be safe.

Ordered one as well. I'm not sure if this is going to be hard to get your hands on at launch but I figured I'd rather have it preordered to be safe.

With consoles its never worth the problems to not preorder. So many times as a kid i had to wait in lines in the middle of the night. Now i have money and will preorder to save the hassle.

With consoles its never worth the problems to not preorder. So many times as a kid i had to wait in lines in the middle of the night. Now i have money and will preorder to save the hassle.

Yea no way in hell I'd do the late night wait for one. I just don't care enough. I'd rather wait a few weeks or month to grab one. Thats what I did with the switch as I missed the amazon preorder.

...I just don't care enough.

Same here. I started waiting on a Playstation in about '95, somewhere around 2001 for an Xbox. Still waiting for a console I'd actually want to buy.

Full disclosure, I was part-owner of the squad bay NES back in the mid-80's, had something like a 30th share invested in it. Worst investment of my life, the assholes would be hootin' and hollerin' while playing Mario and Baseball all night. All night, every night, for months.

Did he really need the white gloves to unpack it? It like he taking delivery of a Bugatti but in reality he getting a Toyota Camry.

Reactions: Sufu
like this
No desire to pick up an Xbox, but damn if that's not a nice looking piece of kit.

When this flops I think this will MS last console.

I think so too. I don't think MS will totally leave the console gaming space, but I could see them leaving the console hardware race.

I'd be interested to see them take a Steam Machine-style approach for Windows PC gaming - design OS software tailored towards a console-style box.

I think so too. I don't think MS will totally leave the console gaming space, but I could see them leaving the console hardware race.

I'd be interested to see them take a Steam Machine-style approach for Windows PC gaming - design OS software tailored towards a console-style box.

I don't think it will flop, and I don't think it will be their last console, but just providing or selling the xbox OS would be great. People wanted a 4k60fps console and Microsoft delivered for only $499, which is an incredible value. But people are going to complain about it anyways. Sony, bla bla bla.

20 mins after i got my email about preorder it was already gone.

I preordered mine.

Xbox One X - Project Scorpio Edition

ps.png

Last edited:
I don't think it will flop, and I don't think it will be their last console, but just providing or selling the xbox OS would be great. People wanted a 4k60fps console and Microsoft delivered for only $499, which is an incredible value. But people are going to complain about it anyways. Sony, bla bla bla.
You mean "4K" 60. True, uncompromising 4K60 gaming without uprezzing and checkerboard cheats requires no less than a 1080Ti.

As for Sony, they wont be to blame for Scorpio's biggest problem: lack of any exclusive IP or even compelling launch titles. That blame rests squarely with Microsoft.

Last edited:

It is hard to define flop. This is a updated version of the Xbox One that is expected to only sell to a fraction of the customers. They do not expect everyone to buy one. Only those that care about better graphics.

Which I have found funny. Everyone here bitches about how there is a massive gap between console and pc gaming that makes consoles unplayable. The more that this is closed the more people bitch about how stupid Sony and Microsoft are for making these systems.

Managed to get a preorder in, and this time, no need to buy a bundle of 5 games I won't play, so that was a win. I'd rather be able to pick up at a store though, but I guess I won't need it minute one.

It is hard to define flop. This is a updated version of the Xbox One that is expected to only sell to a fraction of the customers. They do not expect everyone to buy one. Only those that care about better graphics.

Which I have found funny. Everyone here bitches about how there is a massive gap between console and pc gaming that makes consoles unplayable. The more that this is closed the more people bitch about how stupid Sony and Microsoft are for making these systems.
People just have to complain about something.

Announcing Xbox One... People: We want more performance... Microsoft: lets make the most powerful console ever... People: it's too expensive.

Last edited:

This whole generation is a flop to MS. They sold a fraction of what the 360 did and haven't gain any ground to PS4. In the end even the 360 wasn't as successful as they liked due to the billions the RRoD cost them. I wouldn't be surprised if corporate decides to pull the plug the xbox division unless the scorpio is a massive hit. I didn't have a issues with the standard PS4 and wouldn't care if they just held off another couple years and release a PS5. I have a PS4 for the exclusive and not worry about how many pixels it can push.

YES, got one at Target with 5% REDCARD Discount!!!!!

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!!!!

Ordered mine from the local Best Buy... Fuck Amazon. I preordered a Day One Xbox One (DOXO?) within seconds of it going live in 2013 (or whatever) and I was still waiting to get confirmation on launch day. Never showed up......

They are likely only making around 100k at launch. They are not planning to sell many of them. Its not a new generation, its a premium version of what is available already. There is no way for it to "flop".
This whole generation is a flop to MS. They sold a fraction of what the 360 did and haven't gain any ground to PS4. In the end even the 360 wasn't as successful as they liked due to the billions the RRoD cost them. I wouldn't be surprised if corporate decides to pull the plug the xbox division unless the scorpio is a massive hit. I didn't have a issues with the standard PS4 and wouldn't care if they just held off another couple years and release a PS5. I have a PS4 for the exclusive and not worry about how many pixels it can push.
The X1 has outsold the 360 until just a month or so ago, so no its not a fraction of the 360. The PS4 doing far better then anyone would have expected doesnt make the X1 a failure. Averaging 10-12 million consoles a year is still really good, and having 55-60 million active XBL users actually buying and playing games is where they make money.

RROD on 360 was $1billion, not plural.

The consoles sell at no profit. They dont care if people buy the X1X, X1S, or just play on PC. As long as they buy the games, that is their business model.

My friends and I ordered from microsoftstore.com. At first there was a trick to finding it on their web page, so had to be some of the first to do so there. Free same day shipping, and you can use money on your xbox/microsoft account to pay. After buying about $150 in games at Bestbuy last month to flip at Gamestop for the 60% extra trade credit I ended up with $600 that I used to get xbox gift cards. So that paid for the console, tax, and 3 year extended warranty for $150 upfront.

Last edited:
People just have to complain about something.

Announcing Xbox One... People: We want more performance... Microsoft: lets make the most powerful console ever... People: it's too expensive.

Console Peasants. You can't give people too much performance or too many bells and whistles because each costs money and when you've got two other major players all chipping away at your market share - Xbox isn't doing that good - Cutting costs and corners to get a product $50 or more is something they need to think about. It's why the SNES's console didn't include the FX chip (The chip that made Star Fox possible), but included the FX chip on each cartridge as needed on a game-by-game basis. It was to save costs despite being remarkably good.

They are likely only making around 100k at launch. They are not planning to sell many of them. Its not a new generation, its a premium version of what is available already. There is no way for it to "flop".

The X1 has outsold the 360 until just a month or so ago, so no its not a fraction of the 360. The PS4 doing far better then anyone would have expected doesnt make the X1 a failure. Averaging 10-12 million consoles a year is still really good, and having 55-60 million active XBL users actually buying and playing games is where they make money.

RROD on 360 was $1billion, not plural.

The consoles sell at no profit. They dont care if people buy the X1X, X1S, or just play on PC. As long as they buy the games, that is their business model.

My friends and I ordered from microsoftstore.com. At first there was a trick to finding it on their web page, so had to be some of the first to do so there. Free same day shipping, and you can use money on your xbox/microsoft account to pay. After buying about $150 in games at Bestbuy last month to flip at Gamestop for the 60% extra trade credit I ended up with $600 that I used to get xbox gift cards. So that paid for the console, tax, and 3 year extended warranty for $150 upfront.
wut? Xbone is at 26 millon sold and the 360 sits at 86 million.

PlayAnywhere saved me from buying this since I only need a console to play Madden. The current and cheaper consoles does the job.

It's kind of entertaining that people think Xbox is a flop. Probably more likely that people *wish* it was a flop. Xbox is doing great, it may not have the numbers as playstation but the community is strong enough to warrant plenty of games (first and third party). I wouldn't worry until developers skip working on that particular console, much like anything Nintendo puts out. And the online service is as strong as always and doesn't get hacked every other day. It's funny though... it's just salty people who left xbox at the one launch for a ps4 (typically).

wut? Xbone is at 26 millon sold and the 360 sits at 86 million.

Yup, congrates on finally outselling a console that ceased production a year ago. Read his wording, "The X1 has outsold the 360 until just a month or so ago", yes the 1's main competition, was the 360...

Back