Introducing the GeForce GTX Battlebox

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
NVIDIA has introduced their solution for gamers who are too lazy to build their own PCs: the ready-built Battlebox. Available are two editions, the “Ultimate” (GTX 1080 Ti, Core i7 or Ryzen 7, 16GB+ DDR4 RAM) and its weaker sibling, the “Essential” (GTX 1060 6 GB, Core i5 or Ryzen 5, 8GB+ RAM). What are your thoughts on the case design…

DIY PCs are easier than ever to build thanks to GeForce Garage and many other online guides. However, if you're someone who prefers to buy a ready-built machine there are now new options to consider with the launch of GeForce GTX Ultimate and Essential Battlebox PCs, hand-crafted by our partners to deliver top-level performance in every game, straight out of the box. Each Battlebox consists of a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti or GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, and high-end CPUs, RAM, motherboards, SSDs, and G-SYNC monitors, giving you incredible performance in the latest greatest games.

What are your thoughts on the case design…

It is, what it is. Reminds me of all those other 'gaming designed' cases out there.

Still I like this idea. I remember when AMD had a similar program for Radeon-based DIY builds. As far as I'm concerned, any program that makes it easy for new people to enter the PC gaming scene (especially the DIY aspect) is fine by me.

Isn't this more of a Badge Branding thing, just pass these minimum requirements and you can slap battlebox on your advertisement for it. I would say this is pointless but i suppose the same people who buy prebuilt gaming machines probably would like any help they can get with system configuration.

NVIDIA has introduced their solution for gamers who are too lazy to build their own PCs: the ready-built Battlebox. Available are two editions, the “Ultimate” (GTX 1080 Ti, Core i7 or Ryzen 7, 16GB+ DDR4 RAM) and its weaker sibling, the “Essential” (GTX 1060 6 GB, Core i5 or Ryzen 5, 8GB+ RAM). What are your thoughts on the case design…

DIY PCs are easier than ever to build thanks to GeForce Garage and many other online guides. However, if you're someone who prefers to buy a ready-built machine there are now new options to consider with the launch of GeForce GTX Ultimate and Essential Battlebox PCs, hand-crafted by our partners to deliver top-level performance in every game, straight out of the box. Each Battlebox consists of a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti or GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, and high-end CPUs, RAM, motherboards, SSDs, and G-SYNC monitors, giving you incredible performance in the latest greatest games.
Looks like they applied the shroud design to the case. Brand recognition, and I like it.

Do any of the vendors even offer that pictured case?

I would think Nvidia would make that the standard for this branding rollout.
Other cases optional maybe, but don't market unavailable product. :rolleyes:

Not seeing the point of this if it's just the same custom systems that these vendors offer already.

Why do like 95% of "gaming" PC cases look like a Reaper from Mass Effect? I'm not saying that they should just be a metal/plastic box, but almost all of them have that same goofy aesthetic.

Amazing the things marketing comes up with. All this is is a link to a build your own PC company like CyberpowerPC and DigitalStorm (both of which are part of this), and the config just limits you to a certain processor level and a certain GPU level which include only nVidia options. If you choose a monitor, it is a gsync monitor. Other than those options (or more realistically lack of options), there is nothing that brands it as a 'Battlebox'.

Wow. You sure do pay a premium for "extras." They want $100 for a Logitech G302 Daedalus mouse. It's less than $40 on Newegg.

Wow. You sure do pay a premium for "extras." They want $100 for a Logitech G302 Daedalus mouse. It's less than $40 on Newegg.
If you buy it from them for that price it's just icing on the cake.
When I used to sell tech it was called add on/tack on items and we were judged harshly for not unloading TVs and having HDMI cables sold with them. Same with printers/not having cables sold.

It's shady as shit, especially when the old lady that's buying them doesn't need it.

I'd be embarrassed to have one of those cases under my desk. Do people really want their case to look like a Transformers reject? I like a certain amount of customization but that thing looks like it's got cancer for fucks sake.

You'd think if that's what the masses were clambering for, consoles would look like that, but they don't.

I'm disappointed that Nvidia does not have a Founders Edition for this. Nvidia, you're slacking :pompous:
I thought for a moment that the pictured box is the FE and sold directly by Nvidia. That would be cool (and actually rather exciting). I'd probably feel better recommending something from Nvidia than a workstation built by Maingear or Digital Storm...

As it is, it seems like a pure branding move. Would explain options for Ryzen, though.

I don't understand all the surprise about the Ryzen option. NVIDIA isn't competing with AMD. You could pretend they're competing with RTD if you want to make yourselves feel good, I guess.

No handles, god-awful aesthetics, price premium? It'll sell like hotcakes.

Thanks but I'll keep on building my new computer with its DAN case. :)

I don't understand all the surprise about the Ryzen option. NVIDIA isn't competing with AMD. You could pretend they're competing with RTD if you want to make yourselves feel good, I guess.
The cynic in me thinks that Nvidia might not want to call any attention to the AMD name in their own build, but that might just be me...

Doesn't look like any of the partners are offering that horrid case, but the prices are astonishing!

pre-configured

Cheapest is $900

Highest is $2400!!! For a 7700k and a singlt 1080ti on air! WTSF?! https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=1678665

I priced out something equivalent to my sig rig, there were options for the exact same PSU and a 1.2 TB Intel 750. Came to $5414 which I thought was pretty good until I realized that the highest end CPU was a much cheaper 7700 and then it wasn't such a good deal. Not really sure who these are marketed at. I guess I figure that anyone that has the money to buy something like this and actually know what it is and can do can just build their own rigs.

People with more dollars than sense.

I guess. I just don't know anyone that would even want something like this that couldn't build it themselves. A day (meaning 8 hours) to build, do initial testing and setup is plenty of time to do a good build. It would take a lot more time that that getting lots of games setup and other things anyway.

Back