Intel's Obfuscation Analyzed

I liked the video you linked, but it's not just Intel that does deceptive marketing. The scottsman kept saying distrust everything Intel Marketing team says. AMD with Vega marketing was right up there with the worst of it - IMO.

But good on AMD for continuing to move the ball forward - and there is no doubt that Intel's promotion of this 28 core chip was deceptive.

Please watch his other videos, he slammed AMD heavily for it. You really should watch all his videos. This guy is terrific.

Luckily the product makes up for that these days :) .

Well if you analyse other peoples stories in the press you need to wait until they get published :)
The tech press is conditioned by Intel for the past years so when other press sees this and knows the trend is Intel rules from the tech press then stuff like 5ghz miracles are believed by anyone in the press.

Yes, that is very true. I guess I, like many others can't get enough of intel's knee jerk and the length it went to pull off this 5 ghz cinebench score. I would most likely buy the 8086, but already own a x99 and the Ryzen is simply a better bang for the $.
Thinking of all the possibilities now just gives me the Threadripper fever...:D

Last edited:
i disagree with him.
nothing in what Intel did was smart, they just handed AMD a barbed spike to beat them with in exchange for a temporary thunder theft.
i see very well AMD doubling down on Intel's Demo during AMD's own LN2 TR2 overclock session, like " hey we too can do extrem cooling, and look at the result ...BooM " seriously a 4.5Ghz threadripper would beat the shit out of that 5Ghz 28 Intel Core.
so imagine what a 6Ghz LN2 OC could score.
i just hope AMD do this Demo while intel's deceit subject is still hot, that is really a terrific gift from Intel.

Im an Intel fanboy, but games like this and their cringe-worthy Coffee Lake live teaser thing, along with other stuff, are really making me consider switching to AMD in the future.

They'd be foolish to let this opportunity escape.

I liked the video you linked, but it's not just Intel that does deceptive marketing. The scottsman kept saying distrust everything Intel Marketing team says. AMD with Vega marketing was right up there with the worst of it - IMO.

But good on AMD for continuing to move the ball forward - and there is no doubt that Intel's promotion of this 28 core chip was deceptive.

Not just deceptive, just SHODDY. Like, it was a terrible demo that had zero excuses.

AMDs marketing department have needed firing for at least the last 10 years. They have always been less than amature. One of the biggest reasons they flounder in the Enterprise space.

I would say the past 20 years. Totally inept.

I used to rag on their Head Marketing guy many years ago. Saying AMD's Marketing budget only stretched to $23 for some felt tip pens and Post Its. I was kind of sad when he quit.

Intel could die shrink to 2nm and be 100% air cooled with a heat spreader made out of moon rock, it doesn't matter, why does everyone not see the elephant shitting in the room? They still have to fix Spectre and Meltdown.

I don't care what they're making, I'm not eating ice cream after somebody sneezed on the spoon.

This is exactly the point. Spectre and Meltdown were a breach of trust, and fixing it all on a global basis should be the priority. There are many machines in operation, like my HP 8740W, which remain unpatched. Companies have a responsibility to their customers, but they often act as if they don't. Who wants to buy into new technology which may be equally flawed? They need to restore trust.

UPDATE:

A friend referred to an apparent policy of Intel to eventually patch CPUs going ten year back, first releasing patches for five years (which they have done). Great news if true.

Last edited:
Back