Intel's desktop marketshare in Mindfactory.de

juanrga

2[H]4U
Despite all the hype and biased reviews, CoffeeLake and Skylake-X are selling very well even in pro-AMD stores

Intel-and-AMD-CPU-Market-Share_4.png

Pro-AMD store on pro-AMD country. Things aren't so rosy worldwide...

Worldwide sales and marketshare. Zen got only ~3% marketshare gain on desktop and negative share gain in mobile. And only ~0.5% dent in server.

When one plots AMD marketshare before and after Zen, one can check things remains almost the same (except by low single digit percents). This AMD comeback is mostly hype

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/market_share.html

That site talks about CPU's in use not sold not to mention you have to run their benchmark to get in.

Despite all the hype and biased reviews, CoffeeLake and Skylake-X are selling very well even in pro-AMD stores

So based on your attachment, if Skylake-X is selling really well at 1%, then Threadripper is also selling really well in your opinion?

Pro-AMD store on pro-AMD country. Things aren't so rosy worldwide...

When one plots AMD marketshare before and after Zen, one can check things remains almost the same (except by low single digit percents). This AMD comeback is mostly hype

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/market_share.html

I don't understand what you mean by pro-AMD store, or pro-AMD country. What are you basing this on? A store that sells both brands, yet... markets AMD more heavily? Prices AMD more competitively? A country where... AMD pricing has it better value for money? A country that has higher per capita streamers and content creators than just gamers?

And is a benchmark website as reliable an equivalence for market share, as it is a indication of those needing to measure their p... performance.

.de is German, which is fiercely AMD ever since they built their fab there (now sold to Global Foundries). Much like Germans only buy German cars.

AMD is still making gains worldwide with Zen, but it's a lot more subdued. AMD has been charging too much for Raven Ridge mobile, and the parts have less perforace and less battery life than a Core i5 8-series plus MX150.

But at least the desktop Raven Ridge is fantastic value, and the 2000-series 8-cores have made Coffee Lake less impressive.

Last edited:
Worldwide sales and marketshare. Zen got only ~3% marketshare gain on desktop and negative share gain in mobile. And only ~0.5% dent in server.

Server market takes awhile to get adjusted. Opteron (Athlon64 based) took a few years to ramp against Pentium4, despite being better. Xeon (Woodcrest/Kentsfield/Tigerton) took a few years to ramp against Opteron, despite Xeon being better. Currently Epyc excels in one area, the 1S server market, and only now are we seeing motherboards and servers (Dell notably) getting designs out.

There are more R5-1600 reviews than the entire 8th gen i7 lineup combined yet the 8700k always seems to be at the top of the Amazon charts.

I really don't get it.

That site talks about CPU's in use not sold not to mention you have to run their benchmark to get in.

So Passmark cannot be used to get the absolute number of units in use, but it can be used to obtain the relative number of units that did run the bench, which itself can be used to get the percentage marketshare for each branch, and that is just what Passmark owners do.

View attachment 85876

Where is the damn link?

.de is German, which is fiercely AMD ever since they built their fab there (now sold to Global Foundries). Much like Germans only buy German cars.

AMD is still making gains worldwide with Zen, but it's a lot more subdued. AMD has been charging too much for Raven Ridge mobile, and the parts have less perforace and less battery life than a Core i5 8-series plus MX150.

But at least the desktop Raven Ridge is fantastic value, and the 2000-series 8-cores have made Coffee Lake less impressive.

The what?

To believe that Germans are "fiercely" AMD because they built their fab there is as ignorant as saying that Germans only buy German cards.

So based on your attachment, if Skylake-X is selling really well at 1%, then Threadripper is also selling really well in your opinion?

Yes, ThreadRipper is selling so well as Skylake-X in that store. But this is a pro-AMD store on a pro-AMD country, so Skylake-X sales have much more merit.

I don't understand what you mean by pro-AMD store, or pro-AMD country. What are you basing this on? A store that sells both brands, yet... markets AMD more heavily? Prices AMD more competitively? A country where... AMD pricing has it better value for money? A country that has higher per capita streamers and content creators than just gamers?

This store has been repetitively mentioned in tech news since past year. As someone else mentioned in one of the older threads this store is AMD retail channel.

Germany is pro-AMD because AMD has been giving lots of jobs to Germans. Remember the "diffused in Germany" that you can find in AMD chips since older Athlons to recentest 7000-series APUs

https://i.imgur.com/6UzAawp.jpg

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB12MhR...65KXBI44JA-3-3GHz-Quad-Core-CPU-Processor.jpg

and virtually everything in the middle: Athlon 64, Phenoms I and II, FX series, Opterons,...

And is a benchmark website as reliable an equivalence for market share, as it is a indication of those needing to measure their p... performance.

Past analysis show that there is a good correlation between Passmark marketshare statistics and real sales. Passmark showed a ~3% increase in AMD marketshare after Zen launch. And sales report from Mercury Research and other companies just found that AMD increased 3% marketshare in desktop with Zen.

This is all just a retaliatory thread because there was an article about how mindfactory.de had Ryzen selling very well last year. Juan was obviously butthurt and has been waiting for THIS moment to post a fancy graph again including the mindfactory data.

Nothing to see here.

Server market takes awhile to get adjusted. Opteron (Athlon64 based) took a few years to ramp against Pentium4, despite being better. Xeon (Woodcrest/Kentsfield/Tigerton) took a few years to ramp against Opteron, despite Xeon being better. Currently Epyc excels in one area, the 1S server market, and only now are we seeing motherboards and servers (Dell notably) getting designs out.

I know. I said since before Zen launch that AMD would get in the very low-single digit percent in servers.

uh.... if i bought an AMD chip and put it in the trash where it belongs why would that be reflected here?

suppose the next complaint would be i”i got mine from a friend so thats a double sale which is not mentioned here”

An entire new thread just to say that AMD isn't selling as well as Intel? With graphics to boot?

I don't remember people complaining when threads were open to report Mindfactory sales past year.

Graphics to boot? When Zen launched people said it would crush Intel sales despite lacking integrated graphics. It didn't happen. Then the argument changed to Zen APUs will crush Intel sales. It didn't happen. Then the argument changed to mobile Ryzen will do. It didn't happen. Then the argument changed to Zen+ will do.... and it didn't happen.

I don't get why people call you biased...

Poor of me.

There are more R5-1600 reviews than the entire 8th gen i7 lineup combined yet the 8700k always seems to be at the top of the Amazon charts.

I really don't get it.

Similar reason why people massively rejecting new Start Wars movies despite lots of reviews?

This is all just a retaliatory thread because there was an article about how mindfactory.de had Ryzen selling very well last year. Juan was obviously butthurt and has been waiting for THIS moment to post a fancy graph again including the mindfactory data.

Nothing to see here.

I don't remember people complaining when threads were open to report Mindfactory sales past year.

/thread

uh.... if i bought an AMD chip and put it in the trash where it belongs why would that be reflected here?

suppose the next complaint would be i”i got mine from a friend so thats a double sale which is not mentioned here”

You can do that. But 99.99% of people is not doing that. So the Passmark graph will be reflecting real marketshare with a high level of accuracy. Didn't I just mention how Passmark findings were confirmed by Mercury Research market reports?

If you bought a CPU 10 years ago ands still have it in use it would be counted here yet it did not sell this year and as such has no bearing on current sales nr's, they mention this in the notes

"The figures don't represent just new CPU sales. They also reflect to some degree the installed base from the last 5 to 10 years. So large monthly swings in CPU sales will take time to convert the installed base."

But,mindfactory.de are small and irrelevant, the OP said the same thing last years when AMD overtook intel.

I'd like to know what the OP thinkis of the disaster that is intel10nm? or is that on track and working perfectly in his blue tinted world?

Graphics to boot? When Zen launched people said it would crush Intel sales despite lacking integrated graphics. It didn't happen. Then the argument changed to Zen APUs will crush Intel sales. It didn't happen. Then the argument changed to mobile Ryzen will do. It didn't happen. Then the argument changed to Zen+ will do.... and it didn't happen.

Poor of me.

It's just you doing your civic duty, right?

And it's just a freak coincidence that you didn't start any threads about Ryzen out-selling core products when it was happening, but you sure as heck started this thread.

I just don't get it, you're so impartial and unbiased...

The what?

To believe that Germans are "fiercely" AMD because they built their fab there is as ignorant as saying that Germans only buy German cards.

And yet they are extremely proud of the things they make.

Which is why the AMD market-share would be higher than almost any other country.

GERMANS BUY CARS FROM OTHER COUNTRIES, but they still prefer their own. As long as AMD is making decent chips, (essentially everything except Pehenom 1 and Bulldozer). the makers will buy it.

And yet they are extremely proud of the things they make.

Which is why the AMD market-share would be higher than almost any other country.

GERMANS BUY CARS FROM OTHER COUNTRIES, but they still prefer their own. As long as AMD is making decent chips, (essentially everything except Pehenom 1 and Bulldozer). the makers will buy it.

Except all ryzen cores are made in NY at the old IBM Fab 8.

The idea that German buyers would buy something that is, supposedly, markedly inferior just because it's made in Germany is ridiculous.

German cars are among the best in the world AND made in Germany, that's why they're popular at home.

But,mindfactory.de are small and irrelevant, the OP said the same thing last years when AMD overtook intel.

You aren't getting the point.

In the past some people used Mindfactory sales to pretend they represented worldwide sales. And some people as myself pointed the obvious: mindfactory sales don't represent worldwide sales, but are a special case favoring AMD.

Obviously mindfactory.de continues being only a German store and it continues being pro-AMD. I am NOT citing mindfactory sales because they represent worldwide sales. NO.

I am mentioning mindfactory to remark that even in that pro-AMD store Skylake-X is selling as well as ThreadRipper whereas CoffeeLake is selling a bit better than Ryzen.

Worldwide, Skylake-X is outpacing ThreadRipper sales and CoffeeLake is outpacing Ryzen.

Do you get it now?

I'd like to know what the OP thinkis of the disaster that is intel10nm? or is that on track and working perfectly in his blue tinted world?

I wrote my opinion about the sad status of Intel 10nm in many parts. Just a pair of days ago I wrote in another forum how 10nm delay will make ARM servers even a greater threat to Intel...

I have also mentioned often how Intel problems with 10nm is the main reason for AMD getting so much momentum and hype. AMD 8-core Zen released against 4-core Kabylake. Kabylake was plan-B. Things had been different if Skylake had been replaced by 8-core 10nm Icelake as originally planned.

But this threat is about how Intel is outperforming AMD even in a pro-AMD store...

And it's just a freak coincidence that you didn't start any threads about Ryzen out-selling core products when it was happening, but you sure as heck started this thread.

I just don't get it, you're so impartial and unbiased...

People that did start threads when AMD outpaced Intel in mindfactory.de store didn't start any new thread when Intel outpaced AMD in the same store. People that did start threads based in a fake WCCFTECH news about Passmark marketshare didn't start any threads to report real Passmark marketshare when the database corrected the submissions.

It is all ok with that people. I am biased. We get it. Move on.

People that did start threads when AMD outpaced Intel in mindfactory.de store didn't start any new thread when Intel outpaced AMD in the same store. People that did start threads based in a fake WCCFTECH news about Passmark marketshare didn't start any threads to report real Passmark marketshare when the database corrected the submissions.

It is all ok with that people. I am biased. We get it. Move on.

AMD is a company that is less than 10% the size of Intel, with market share to match. When they outsell Intel in ANY market, it's news, not agenda.

Reporting on that is like reporting on frogs raining from the sky. It's news because it is out of the ordinary, regardless of which team you're on. People report things out of the ordinary, but you, as unbiased and impartial as you are, chose not to do.

However, you did take the time to create a new thread to report that Intel is outselling AMD: as they have for the last 30 years. Nobody with impartial integrity cares that 'everything is normal', it's not worth reporting. Journalists, enthusiasts, even board partners aren't really going to take the time to report on 'everything is normal'. What kind of a 'news' piece is that?

In fact, it sounds more like a press release. You know who would release 'news' like that? Intel themselves, or someone with vested interests in Intel, in a press release.

But that wouldn't be you, because you're 100% impartial and unbiased and have no financial interest in Intel's success...

ROFL There is nothing "obscure" and "cherry picked". This is the same mindfactory.de store repetitively mentioned in news and other threads. The only difference is that the data updated to June 2018 shows that Intel is selling very well.

ROFL There is nothing "obscure" and "cherry picked". This is the same mindfactory.de store repetitively mentioned in news and other threads. The only difference is that the data updated to June 2018 shows that Intel is selling very well.

"that name suits you, but it cannot hide that title..."

"that name suits you, but it cannot hide that title..."
Yeah, soon as saw the title and the name, I knew it was going to be super pro Intel. He takes the time to put lots of graphs and such, not sure why but it's a nice touch.

AMD is doing good. I think Intel will crush AMD when that 5ghz 28 core comes out though. I wonder when both companies are going to fix the bug stuff. Intel really needs to get that done
and I always wonder when I see Intel vs AMD benchmarks, are the reviewers using the new bios updates?
Intel has more market share since they have been leading for a long time. Time will tell!

Yeah, soon as saw the title and the name, I knew it was going to be super pro Intel. He takes the time to put lots of graphs and such, not sure why but it's a nice touch.

AMD is doing good. I think Intel will crush AMD when that 5ghz 28 core comes out though. I wonder when both companies are going to fix the bug stuff. Intel really needs to get that done
and I always wonder when I see Intel vs AMD benchmarks, are the reviewers using the new bios updates?
Intel has more market share since they have been leading for a long time. Time will tell!

Just remember that all the industry professionals think that Intel 28 core was a complete failure, and that it could never be a retail product on Intel's current process. Intel required over 1000w and industrial refrigeration to beat AMD's 32 core running on an air cooler.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Just remember that all the industry professionals think that Intel 28 core was a complete failure, and that it could never be a retail product on Intel's current process. Intel required over 1000w and industrial refrigeration to beat AMD's 32 core running on an air cooler.
I know, I was being funny. :)

It's a German site that I don't think I've ever heard of and if I have they weren't relevant enough to remember so yes it's obscure on a US based/centric site.

For the the first several months after the Ryzen launch I recall seeing sales and usage numbers from a number of sources including some I had heard of while you posted numbers from one source and we all know you wouldn't have posted it if you couldn't make it fit the narrative that you were trying to push, hence the cherry picking comment. I don't think the numbers look that bad though which is obviously why you felt the need to claim that Germany is full of AMD fans(because they used to have a fab there, lol).

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Back