Taodragon00
Gawd
- Joined
- Jun 16, 2004
- Messages
- 660
failed i7 - tried to RMA and was told since I ran the memory @ DDR3-1600 they won't replace it! lol. Guess I need to call back and lie and say everything was set @ default.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Uh, if your sig isn't lying, you were at 5.6ghz? That had to have taken copious amounts of voltage. I can understand why they wouldn't want to replace your processor.
failed i7 - tried to RMA and was told since I ran the memory @ DDR3-1600 they won't replace it! lol. Guess I need to call back and lie and say everything was set @ default.
always answer with default settings for I7 right answer would have been 1066/1333 good luck. have not had to rma a intel cpu since P4 northwood days and it was easy as can be.
Agreed.
Intel's RMA process is normally one of the easiest in all of IT.
Until they tell your CPU is a OEM/tray unit and you have to RMA it with the place you bought it from of which you bought it used from another third-party.![]()
Dont assume you will get a warranty on used stuff and dont overclock if you cant afford the consequences
For the future you may want to look into the Intel® Performance Tuning Plan which would have covered you when you blow up your processor due to overclocking. If you have the plan you can overclock your processor and still get it exchanged without worry one time.
For the future you may want to look into the Intel® Performance Tuning Plan which would have covered you when you blow up your processor due to overclocking. If you have the plan you can overclock your processor and still get it exchanged without worry one time.
For the future you may want to look into the Intel® Performance Tuning Plan which would have covered you when you blow up your processor due to overclocking. If you have the plan you can overclock your processor and still get it exchanged without worry one time.
I've only had *one* overclocked CPU die.
And it was because I thought it would be a good idea to hold the heatsink down with my hand, instead of clamping it, just to see if the chip worked.
This made me laugh! Live and learn! We've all done stupid stuff like this...
I have recently purchased a 3930K, a 2500K and a 2600K. I'm debating whether or not to "insure" the Sandy Bridge processors, but for sure am going to cover that 3930K.
Hey, it's not stupid! I did this exact thing for years and never killed anything, including Duron, AthlonXP, and Athlon64 CPUs.
The only part I've had die out of my own fault was mounting a 486 motherboard straight to a case, without standoffs, when I was around 7-8 years old. I was learning how to build a computer with my dad and he didn't notice I didn't put standoffs in place. MBs don't like being shorted.
I've only had *one* overclocked CPU die.
And it was because I thought it would be a good idea to hold the heatsink down with my hand, instead of clamping it, just to see if the chip worked.
#burnt-athlon-xp
Srsly tho... LOL @ running a 2600K at x56/100 and trying to RMA it after it dies.
NAILED IT.... I don't remember the circumstances, but it was likely to do with something about the terrible mounting mechanisms back then that were a pain to work with.
YUP. hahahaha.Ohhh I did this with an AMD Athlon (Thunderbird) @ stock clock to test..
![]()
I bet he's too embarrassed to respond to this thread anymore.