Intel RST 10.1.2.1004 driver

Actually looks pretty good. I can't compare to before speeds really as I made a few changes..

I had 4x 2tb F4 drives in raid5 and only got 30MB/s on the onboard raid controller..

Upgraded to 5 drives and enabled cache back writing and getting almost 250-300mb. Exceptional change.

10fxt29.jpg

I've been running them since I got home from work yesterday... I'm generally too lazy to benchmark, but I can at least report that they've been stable for me so far on Win7 x64.

I'll be your huckleberry just instal;led them on my SR-2 and SandyBridge

Running good so far.. just went from an intel 2x80gb RAID0 to a single C300 128gb and wow the single C300 has more snap. Even my Windows Experience index maxed out at 7.9.. something my RAID0 intels could not do. So far driver seems good. I am waiting for the C300 freeze I keep reading about. *knock on Wood*.

Running good so far.. just went from an intel 2x80gb RAID0 to a single C300 128gb and wow the single C300 has more snap. Even my Windows Experience index maxed out at 7.9.. something my RAID0 intels could not do. So far driver seems good. I am waiting for the C300 freeze I keep reading about. *knock on Wood*.

Interesting - a single C300's that big of a diff from 2 X-25Ms?
Are the 256's as fast as the 128's?

Last edited:
I've been using them for @ a week.

It's made no difference to me but has solved two different Crucial owners stuttering.

Hopefully the problems will stay fixed and they won't come looking for me because I advised trying the drivers. :)

I've been using them for @ a week.

It's made no difference to me but has solved two different Crucial owners stuttering.

Hopefully the problems will stay fixed and they won't come looking for me because I advised trying the drivers. :)

Actaully, i found a post you made about how this helped someone's stutter so I started off with these. :) I BLAME YOU! ;)

Interesting - a single C300's that big of a diff from 2 X-25Ms?
Are the 256's as fast as the 128's?

Yeah, My total AS SSD score was higher with the single C300 and my Windows Experience index wetn from a 7.8 with the intels to a 7.9 with the single C300. Maybe the intels needed a wipe but I am really impressed with this little drive. I don't do much writing at all so the 128gb is a good fit. I think I never have more than 50gb of data on my C drive used. I will probably run this until the next generation. Keep in mind my Intels were G1 and have abotu 2 years of use but just a hair over 2tb has been written to each one. They will be up for sale soon!

Hey Old Hippie,
which are the fastest of the C300's? 128's? 256's?
I want to try out a pair of them. Need to order soon.

Ahh... found it - same deal - 128's suffer on writes do to half the NAND.

So, the 120 V3's are gone, sold them to get 2 240 V3's that are nowhere to be seen.

Wondering if I should save some coin and pick up 2 of the C300 256's. Looks like the freeze thing has been sorted and you're saying that GC in RAID is good to go on these...

These drivers hae been working solid for me now too on my SR-2 with 2x Intel X-25M 160GB and on my SandyBridge with 2x Crucial C300 256GB both in RAID 0.

I'm happy as hell.. this single 128gb C300 loads maps faster than my intel RAID setup which I already thought was pretty fast.

Wondering if I should save some coin and pick up 2 of the C300 256's. Looks like the freeze thing has been sorted and you're saying that GC in RAID is good to go on these...
These are some screamers! :D

I got my last 256 for 400.00 from Ebay but I saw someone here bought 2 for 750.00 from an Amazon retailer.

Back