• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Intel Retail Edge 2006!

Does the code link to the account? If I had your code, would it do me any good? Seems as if I'd have to send the money to you after you'd ordered it? :confused:
 
anyone can use the code, you just goto intel's online store, add bundle to cart, then apply it like a coupon code
 
@ cyber.
You raise some good points, but I would still argue that the Ds3 sli is a better board. The northbridge cooler on the wh is better, but you'll never need the extra cooling, as there's no OC ability. I was actually going to look into switching the coolers if I did get the ds3. lol.

Anyway, that sux that your case has an inverted board. Well, for me at least, as that would solve a lot of the problems I had with this board. The shape forced me to replace my perfectly good IDE drive with a SATA one (ClubIT ftw btw).

Just keep in mind those upside down ATX cases are not the norm yet. My case is fine, it's a standard size.

Uhm, I LIKE the fact that my case is upside down!
Except for the fact that I can't buy a heatpipe equipped mobo

well, the SLI is a better board (I thought we were discussing the 965G-ds3 non sli.... go figure) because it's sli capable


but.. for boards that you DON'T intend to overclock, i stand by the intel board :)

since I don't overclock any first gen hardware
 
Just an FYI for those trying to sell your retail edge bundle. Intel frequents a lot of tehse forums, and scans ebay and other auction sites, so be careful. You will get fired and you will be charged full market value of your pieces. A co-worker of mine got caught on a case modding forum.
 
Does anyone know if they are actually going to ship copies of vista ultimate?

Or are we stuck with release candidate? :(
 
Does anyone know if they are actually going to ship copies of vista ultimate?

Or are we stuck with release candidate? :(
Yes they will ship copies of Vista Ultimate (not retail though)

hopefully they will ship soon...
 
we use the same activation code that came with the retailedge package and RC1 right...so if I can get my hands on a vista dvd (every cd has every version right, and which is "installed" depends on what type of activation key you use??) can't I just install with that instead of waiting for intel?
 
we use the same activation code that came with the retailedge package and RC1 right...so if I can get my hands on a vista dvd (every cd has every version right, and which is "installed" depends on what type of activation key you use??) can't I just install with that instead of waiting for intel?

No, the code we have is for RC1 only I believe...
 
Same here, I can pay via PayPal right now if anyone wants to sell their code.
 
we use the same activation code that came with the retailedge package and RC1 right...so if I can get my hands on a vista dvd (every cd has every version right, and which is "installed" depends on what type of activation key you use??) can't I just install with that instead of waiting for intel?
no that's just a key for RC1 (and I think RC2 also). It's different than the final version.
 
damn, well f it anyway...I'm sending this message from vista ultimate, which I installed w/o a CD key and will run for the next 29 days. Even if those 29 days expire I can still put my key in whenever I get it to unlock it.
 
In case you do not get the CD within 30 days, extend your current vista trial by another 30 days by doing this:

open cmd prompt with admin access
type this:

slmgr -rearm


you may legally use this up to 3 times, giving you a total of 120 days of trial usage.
 
really? awesome. I mean, its not like I'm trying to cheat MS here...I've already paid for the OS so I don't see why I can't have my wow now. PS the retail version is much much better than RC1 was (ie comes with MPEG 2 decoder, etc.)
 
really? awesome. I mean, its not like I'm trying to cheat MS here...I've already paid for the OS so I don't see why I can't have my wow now. PS the retail version is much much better than RC1 was (ie comes with MPEG 2 decoder, etc.)

yeah http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=5952

I might actually borrow an install disk and run off the trial period, then just activate with the key I get from intel hopefully that would work :)
 
just got this
Hello,

Thanks again for your participation in the 2006 Purchase Program. We wanted to provide you with an update regarding the operating system component of your bundle.

What:
Your bundle shipped with the Release Candidate 1 version of Microsoft* Windows Vista*. We will be shipping the full retail version of Microsoft* Windows Vista* Ultimate to you soon. The final version should ship with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. However, only one activation code will be included. Once activated, the code cannot be used to activate the other version at a later date.

When:
We are working to get these to you as soon as possible. You should be notified by e-mail when your order is shipping out.

How:
You do not need to take any further action to receive the final version at this time.

What if Ive moved recently?
If you wish to change the shipping location, please call the Shop Intel(SM) Customer Service team using the toll free number at 877.649.5817, Monday through Friday from 7am to 8pm Pacific Time.

Regards,

The Intel(R) Retail Edge Program Team
www.intel.com/retailedge


Intel is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
 
Ditto, but I am not a fan of the should in
"The final version should ship with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. "

Edit: WAIT a tick...
We have disks for Vista RC1, and accompanying keys.
We are getting Disks and keys for a full version of Vista Ultimate....

So we have been given TWO OS's?
Is there an expiration date for RC1?
 
I got the email today too.

"We will be shipping the full retail version of Microsoft* Windows Vista* Ultimate to you soon"

So does this mean that it will be a retail version or just QEM.
 
I got the email too.

Full retail means just that.

Fancy box & everything.

But i'm more than a bit pissed off that we cannot use the 32-bit version now & then switch over to the 64-bit later when it's a more mature platform :mad:
 
...so this means we are eligible for the $50 additional licenses? awesome!
 
I got the email too.

Full retail means just that.

Fancy box & everything.

But i'm more than a bit pissed off that we cannot use the 32-bit version now & then switch over to the 64-bit later when it's a more mature platform :mad:

I have to imagine there is a way to de-activate the 32-bit version prior to attempting to use the key for 64-bit Vista.
 
Hello Wes,

Thank you for contacting the Intel(R) Retail Edge Program Team.

As stated in the e-mail blast, it is our intention to provide all of the participating Program members with the full boxed retail version of Microsoft* Windows Vista* Ultimate.


Regards,

Corey S.
The Intel(R) Retail Edge Program Team
www.intel.com/retailedge

in responce to me asking if it will be oem or retail
 
Sadly, I have received no such email confirming when the thing is going to ship. I of course do know they "know" about me, as I -DO- in fact, have my bundle :)
 
Actually they're not all that great. They're thicker than a normal software box, and are a bit of pain to open. But they do look cool :p
thicker than a normal box?? Is there some sort of software box standard I don't know about?
I really like the design.. very original. I have not had trouble opening them.
 
Hello Wes,

Thank you for contacting the Intel(R) Retail Edge Program Team.

As stated in the e-mail blast, it is our intention to provide all of the participating Program members with the full boxed retail version of Microsoft* Windows Vista* Ultimate.


Regards,

Corey S.
The Intel(R) Retail Edge Program Team
www.intel.com/retailedge

in responce to me asking if it will be oem or retail

Hold on a sec...Microsoft never said anything about not being able to activate a different version later for the full retail customers. I have had the box myself, I installed it for a customer earlier today (this was the FULL ultimate box mind you, not an upgrade version, and it included both 64-bit and 32-bit CD's in one mini spindle in the box.)

I was thinking about the intel retail edge limitation while the install process was underway, and was looking around in the documentation specifically for this. The manual and the EULA don't state anything about not being able to activate the other version later. In the manual the only thing it mentions at all with regard to this is in the installation instructions. It merely says "decide whether you want to install the 64-bit or 32-bit version, and then...blah blah blah" or words to that effect. That is it, no other references to 64-bit vs 32-bit.

If the version Intel is giving us is the same as the full retail version...then why does this limitation exist in the Intel one? Or perhaps intel was given this information at an earlier date (this was mentioned at the shop intel page just before buying) and the EULA was later changed to indicate otherwise? Remember, Microsoft made some adjustments to the EULA after some people on the internet complained about the EULA being hostile to enthusiasts.

If this limitation did exist, and MS changed it, then Intel is operating off of some obsolete info. I would like to have this clarified, as I am personally planning on installing both 64-bit and 32-bit in a dual boot configuration.
 
If this limitation did exist, and MS changed it, then Intel is operating off of some obsolete info. I would like to have this clarified, as I am personally planning on installing both 64-bit and 32-bit in a dual boot configuration.


I am almost certain this would not be allowed. As much as I would also like to do this, if you put yourself in M$ shoes it is essentially buying one OS and using two...
 
Back
Top