Intel Retail Edge 2006!

that would be really cool. There is defiantly 2 keys, but I wonder if they are linked somehow.

that would be really cool. There is defiantly 2 keys, but I wonder if they are linked somehow.

We will find out soon enough. I have an email into ShopIntel & RetailEdge.

On a side note I just got my Windows Home Server beta info, so if anyone else signed up they might be getting their's as well.

At the live event I attended they explained that since we wouldn't have Vista on launch they they were giving us both the 32bit and the 64bit. I'm under the assumption that we have two legit copies.

Mine arrived as well, too bad its not the sexy box but hey not a bad deal!
shit I thought intel said we would be getting full retail boxed version
I am sad now :((

edit: I got my shipping email 2.5 hours ago

Got mine today. It is the "not for resale" dvd only version and one 32bit version disc and another 64bit version, each with its own cd key.

Yes I got mine today an they are two different keys! unless there somehow binded in some package it looks like we got 2 copies of vista.. not shabby

Yup, two cd's, two keys......NICE!! Quick someone install both and tell us if it works!

Hoobie;)

We will find out soon enough. I have an email into ShopIntel & RetailEdge.

On a side note I just got my Windows Home Server beta info, so if anyone else signed up they might be getting their's as well.

i also got my beta info, installing right now

thats disappointing that we arnt getting the nice box, they even told me would in the email.

Someone post back when they find out for sure about the 2 keys. Mine should be here tomorrow.

When mine comes in, i will try and install one on my laptop and one in my desktop... see what happens.

In all the waiting I went ahead and got vista ultimate from work, so if anyone who couldnt get in on this deal wants to buy mine from me, just PM me.

Well, I just finished installing the 32-bit version (I used the 64-bit key to see if it was version-dependent, it's not), so it would appear both keys work. I'll be installing the second license on a different computer and will post results here to confirm that they are indeed two separate licenses.

i looked at the packing slip, and it seems we got RTM software. if thats the case, why didn't we have this shit like 2 months ago. i got 2 keys as well. i don't really see how they could link the keys like that. it doesn't make sense.:confused:

i looked at the packing slip, and it seems we got RTM software. if thats the case, why didn't we have this shit like 2 months ago. i got 2 keys as well. i don't really see how they could link the keys like that. it doesn't make sense.:confused:
So it's not final retail?
Or is that what RTM means?
Edit: I am so pissed, I missed the damn UPS guy, so now I have to wait until Monday! Ugh...

mine came in today, i cant wait to find out about the keys. I could really use another version of vista.

Two other guys from werk both got their Vista DVDs today, & ironically enough , they both ordered after i did.

I haven't received email notice of shipping or anything...

how long did it take for your orders to go from pending at shop intel to shipped? because mine just appeared on the pending list.

got mine today. 2 keys, 1 for 32bit, one for 64bit.

kinda pissed about being rtm instead of retail, but i suspect that people that do the training then sell for profit is the reason behind this. thanks for that.

i assume that rtm is the same as retail? please correct me if i'm wrong.

and i gotta say. it is pretty sweet for the price we paid to have 2 working versions of vista ultimate!!!!!

thanks intel, microsoft.

sincerely!

also have a question to the above post. did you say that the keys work on either version? does this mean i can install 2 64bits with the keys? does the 32bit key work with the 64bit version and vise versa?

thanks again all, consider ourselves blessed!

I just got mine earlier today. Pretty nice having two keys, now just to find out whether or not both can work concurrently. At this point, I don't see why not.

i assume that rtm is the same as retail? please correct me if i'm wrong.

Yeah, it is the same build. RTM means release to manufacturer, meaning its the final build that the OEM's can start building their drivers against, because its the same build that the end users (both retail and OEM alike) are going to have.

I just got mine earlier today. Pretty nice having two keys, now just to find out whether or not both can work concurrently. At this point, I don't see why not.

Yeah, it is the same build. RTM means release to manufacturer, meaning its the final build that the OEM's can start building their drivers against, because its the same build that the end users (both retail and OEM alike) are going to have.

So then do these have the retail license or the OEM version "locking" them to one motherboard?

So then do these have the retail license or the OEM version "locking" them to one motherboard?

It's the full retail license. The build number across all licenses is the same, whether its an oem license, upgrade license, full license, and across all distributions: basic, premium, business, and ultimate.

Ok I just called the Shopintel number and asked about all of this. I spoke to somebody named Gina who told me that these are two independent licenses and can thus be installed on two different computers if it is so desired. She also confirmed to me that these licenses will not lock down to the first computer that you install them to.

So basically we are getting a two for one deal here.

Ok I just called the Shopintel number and asked about all of this. I spoke to somebody named Gina who told me that these are two independent licenses and can thus be installed on two different computers if it is so desired. She also confirmed to me that these licenses will not lock down to the first computer that you install them to.

So basically we are getting a two for one deal here.
I can back this up. I have installed the 64bit version on my desktop and I am typing on the 32bit version on my laptop.
Vista Ultimate ftw!

if i activate 64bit ultimate on my desktop, can i switch to 32 bit later? i want to install mine tomorrow and install one on my moms computer.

Yes, you have two full blown copies of vista ultimate. There aren't any restrictions on installing e.g. 32-bit and then replacing it with 64-bit on that same key later. Both of those keys work for both the 64-bit and the 32-bit version. You can use each key on a separate machine if you want as well, or you can use both keys for a dual boot for 32-bit and 64-bit on the same machine.

Interesting, I was doubtful as to how well Vista Ultimate would run on my laptop.
It's only 1.8Ghz, single core, 1gig of ram, 54000 rpm EIDE HD, and an integrated intel graphics.
But it boots fast, runs smooth, and so far I have had no driver issues.
I think i am going to go out and hit up circuit city for a high speed SD card. I'll leave it in the card slot at all times as a readyboost piece.

Interesting, I was doubtful as to how well Vista Ultimate would run on my laptop.
It's only 1.8Ghz, single core, 1gig of ram, 54000 rpm EIDE HD, and an integrated intel graphics.
But it boots fast, runs smooth, and so far I have had no driver issues.
I think i am going to go out and hit up circuit city for a high speed SD card. I'll leave it in the card slot at all times as a readyboost piece.
That might be the reason why it's booting so fast... :p

Just a heads up. A few coworkers of mine got their Vista cd's today from last bundle. I didn't know about it, so I just completed all of the tests today. I can't wait to see what next years bundle is.

A quad-core would be nice...

PS- I got my Vista DVDs last week, both installed and activated with no issues!

I figure i will throw my 2 cents in....

I got my disks, typeing on 32bit on my Desktop, works fine and dandy, Working better than expected really, i havn't had any issues (to speak of) yet..
in fact the RTM works much better than RC1, and it even picked up my TV tuner (w/o any extra drivers) and is playing very nicely with it, I BCOD'ed RC1 and now I havn't even phased it, its been working like charm :)

too bad Best Buy layed me off, now I won't be able to get in on next years deal :sadpanda:

All I gotta say is this...

Intel gets:

-2 points for not shipping out the actual retail version of Ultimate
-3 points for not shipping out Vista Ultimate until mid-March when the RTM was available a long time ago

+2 for a good deal on the whole package
+2 for actually shipping out the software
+10 for giving us two legal RETAIL serials that are not limited to one computer
For a total score of 9 out of 10

So in the end I will say kudos to Intel, even though I waited a little longer that I would have liked.

-3 points for not shipping out Vista Ultimate until mid-March when the RTM was available a long time ago
Vista hasn't even been out for two months.
Even if RTM has been finished/available for months before Vista was released, that doesn't mean Intel has had it for months. You don't know when Microsoft shipped them to Intel.
So is it intel's fault that we got them this "late"? Maybe... but I doubt you know for sure.

I think it had more to do with priority. We were somewhere in between the OEms and the people who did the express upgrade plan.

Back