Intel Larrabee

Interested to hear if you get it running. Nice unboxing video...

might need a beefy power supply, i heard it pulls at least 300 Watts itself. Don't know if i need very specific motherboard platform / cpu or not at this point, but even if that is met it still might need a custom BIOS and even possibly additional hardware hooked up to the card itself via one of the board interconnectors. Still also no software

i did get the Larrabee to POST, like my system actually boots, but the card itself beeps, 1 long and 2 short

no video output

1 long, and 3 short beeps, sorry --- even with using Above 4G Decoding option, but my motherboard does POST with only the Larrabee in as a VGA adapter

the actual Larrabee card itself has a PC Speaker

Mine (Revision 1)

upload_2018-9-29_14-22-10.png

Slaventus' Revision 2

LRB1-nude.jpg

i put in a second video card, and the beeps no longer are present on the Larrabee

but the Larrabee isn't appearing in the device manager, and it's not appearing in the BIOS as linked in

the larrabee seems to be alive though... maybe just needs an old motherboard

if i remove the 2nd video card the larrabee gives 1 long and 3 short beeps again

werent there some tools posted in the other thread to talk to it via a dos box? have you tried that or am I mistaken?

Reactions: erek
like this
Mine (Revision 1)

Slaventus' Revision 2

Huh, a couple of differences off hand.

Video out ports seems to have been rearranged. DP, DVI and HDMI on your and then DVI, DP and HDMI on Slaventus' board. The Silicon Image (?) chips move accordingly. I have a feeling if you were to look up the Silicon Image part numbers on those chips you'd find that they were just DP -> HDMI active converter chips.

There are a couple of SMD chips near the connector on the upper left. Actually... what it is that connector? Some JTAG or other debugging port or perhaps connector for a genlock board?

There is a spot for a simple two pin connector near the six pin power connector on your board. I can't tell if that is also in Slavantus's board or not due to the blur in the corner. Also both boards have a jump near the 6 pin connector. Any labels near it to identify what it does?

like this
Huh, a couple of differences off hand.

Video out ports seems to have been rearranged. DP, DVI and HDMI on your and then DVI, DP and HDMI on Slaventus' board. The Silicon Image (?) chips move accordingly. I have a feeling if you were to look up the Silicon Image part numbers on those chips you'd find that they were just DP -> HDMI active converter chips.

There are a couple of SMD chips near the connector on the upper left. Actually... what it is that connector? Some JTAG or other debugging port or perhaps connector for a genlock board?

There is a spot for a simple two pin connector near the six pin power connector on your board. I can't tell if that is also in Slavantus's board or not due to the blur in the corner. Also both boards have a jump near the 6 pin connector. Any labels near it to identify what it does?

There's also a blue bodge wire on mine near the DVI connetor (also a PIN Header there too not present on his) His is missing the PC Speaker too. There's an entire chip missing from Slaventus' board compared to mine near the FAN header to the bottom right

those chips are both the same "Parade" DP530 ES (unreleased engineering sample DisplayPort controllers)

Was that card made around the 8800 gt era? Curious what it would compare to if you got it up and running. Good luck!

like this
No two larrabee prototypes are the same from what i can tell:

Linus: Revision 1 (notice the BLUE PCB)

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Mine Also Revision 1 but BLACK PCB

42730903_10106891551018569_6633323005780951040_o.png

u1PRVRi.jpg

SLAVENTUS Revision 2 (Video Ports differently arragned)

42758731_10106891556956669_526439720633237504_o.png

Random Sample missing DisplayPort Controllers and also Video Outputs

"Collector: ZZC Collection Ownership: Chengdu, Sichuan Collection Age: 2009 Category: Display Card Core Code: Larrabee DX: 10 Bus Interface: PCI-E 2X16 Memory Capacity: 2GB Price Code: FC"

intel_larrabee_engineering_sample.jpg

UNKNOWN Owner? A Revision 1 with unique differences from the other Revision 1s?

8bcea64faf3d.jpg

ff702f980da9.jpg

8b07730d02f9.jpg

Last edited:
I have an AGP 7800GS OC from BFG, it was a really good card when AGP was on its way out.

BFGR78256GSOC-lg__39766.1536652725.jpg

Back