I'm not making excuses for Intel.
I strongly dislike Intel for their years of unfair and illegal business practices and suing anyone and everyone who dared to try to compete with them.
I just ordered a Threadripper 3960x. I fully acknowledge AMD is having a moment right now, and I am very excited about it as I have been looking forward to it for 15 years.
I'm just cautioning against irrational exuberance. The odds of them still being in the lead over Intel 3-5 years from now is from where I am sitting relatively small.
I liked your post for the incoming TR build. lol
On AMDs future I have a feeling they are pretty much set as long as you can hold on to Lisa Su... and she doesn't seem to be in a rush to do anything else. I mean where would she go that would be a better fit for her... at this point if its just a question of more money no doubt AMD would dip into their new found revenue for a fat bonus.