Intel Employee program bundle announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back_Packer said:
I just signed up and did everything I could for points but only have about 7500 points right now. Do you think buy the time it is available that I can get it up the 10000?

The only way you will make 10k is by attending live events.... check your area and see what is around. It's a good way to earn points and you have a chance to walk away with prizes. They always give stuff away at the events.

If I remember correctly, last year even people that only had 7k where able to get in on the deal so you may get a bundle anyway.... it all depends on how many 10k members get the bundle and how many they have to sell..

good luck :D

Konrad said:
:O
If I can get this, bye-bye AMD for a while :(

Unless AMD comes out with another bundle too....then you can have both!

anybody heard anything about it yet?

bobwrong said:
The only way you will make 10k is by attending live events.... check your area and see what is around. It's a good way to earn points and you have a chance to walk away with prizes. They always give stuff away at the events.

If I remember correctly, last year even people that only had 7k where able to get in on the deal so you may get a bundle anyway.... it all depends on how many 10k members get the bundle and how many they have to sell..

thanks for the info.
I hope I can get one!

~¥~ßLÅÇK~ÇîrǵT~¥~ said:
It said something about bringing a paystub that shows a direct deposit? how could I prove I work in retail?

It said to bring a paystub OR a bank statement that shows a direct deposit from your company.

The easiest way to prove you work in an approved retail establishment is to bring your latest paystub. Not only will this get you into the event but if you go to the one they are advertising on October 23rd you will have already done your employment verification which is the only thing that prevents you from ordering your bundle once they are available. That means you will (should) get your bundle a few days after you order.

Too bad I can't go. :rolleyes:

Title is misleading, this is not available to Intel employees, only retail employees. We get other discounts, but nothing as nice as this.

i wouldve figured youd qualify for this. nevertheles my direct deposit sleep i still get a check but it says THIS IS NOT A CHECK written on it. i definately decided im going after this <3 my 12k points

Well...as this comes closer to ordering time...

I am debating if I should upgrade my AMD 64 3200 setup I got a year or so ago to this.

I looked at the cost.

1 gig stick of Corsair ram 86.00
1 new antec sonata II 109.00

I still haven't even found a video card....which is all I would need really

but your looking 600 + depending on the video card.

Premier Intel OEM builders also have access to these deals.....woot I can buy it without points!

I used to work for a elegibal retail chain and last year when they did this it seemed like they just sent it out no questions asked. I still have my logon from last year even though I no longer work for a retail chain so I am gonna try it this year anyway

bobwrong said:

You don't have to go to live events to be able to do this I don't think. I haven't been to a live event and I'm over 10k

I'm over 10K! I'll likely buy it, but will either sell or trade it. PM me if you are serious and we can talk. I really want an AMD dual core system, so this is not part of my plans.

yeah man...I want dual core AMD as well.

Thinking about selling this deal and trying to get one of those

I have 13,000 points and will be attending a live event in a month... I have taken advantage of intel's mobo/processor for 4 years now... I still actually have the 3.4ghz ht and mobo from last year in my closet!..lol I am going to end up building last years because it seems like the mobo is nicer than this years mobo even though the processor is dual core... Is the dual core THAT much faster than a 3.4ghz ht processor?

I'll make a post on here so if someone wants this years deal just shoot me a pm and it's yours.

-Nigel

NewShockerGuy said:
I have 13,000 points and will be attending a live event in a month... I have taken advantage of intel's mobo/processor for 4 years now... I still actually have the 3.4ghz ht and mobo from last year in my closet!..lol I am going to end up building last years because it seems like the mobo is nicer than this years mobo even though the processor is dual core... Is the dual core THAT much faster than a 3.4ghz ht processor?

I'll make a post on here so if someone wants this years deal just shoot me a pm and it's yours.

-Nigel

I'm interested in buying this off you. PM me and we'll see what we can work out.

I'll probably be getting this bundle and reselling it as well. The price for shipping from Hawaii is gonna suck though.

Well, I got in on the deal 2 years ago cuz I worked at Best Buy, took them 2 months from the time I ordered till I received it. I was not in the 10k club I know that. Intel pretty much ships out to everyone that has a code no matter how long it takes. This year a friend of mine let me have his code cuz he's broke and I could do with a PCIX intel rig around here. (and another copy of XP Pro)

how are the live events done? id hate to waste 3hrs of my night just for employment verification and 500pts

This year...they are giving each person 2 movie tickets to a Reagal Theater plus coupons for 2 drinks and 2 popcorns. They are going to take 1-2 hours of your time...blah blah blah...talk to you about the shit and then see have a drawing for a few bundles...and call it a night.

Plus you get 1500 points not 500.

I have over 12k...so I don't need to go...but the chance for a free board combo...and two free movie passes guranteed has me

TheComputerguy said:
This year...they are giving each person 2 movie tickets to a Reagal Theater plus coupons for 2 drinks and 2 popcorns. They are going to take 1-2 hours of your time...blah blah blah...talk to you about the shit and then see have a drawing for a few bundles...and call it a night.

Plus you get 1500 points not 500.

I still don't know if I'm going to go....I don't need to but I could use a prize or two...maybe..

i have 9200 points and id love to be guarenteed this combo. ive missed out the last three deals while working at best buy :(. is anyone that already has 10k willing to sell me their code from attending the event so i can push over 10k?

let me know

If you have above 7k you usually always get it regardless, I well above the 10k mark though, so no worrying for me.

AMD deal is still more appealing but this will be fine for an extra box.

i dunno, i don't think this is near the deal they had 2 years ago... i don't personally remember last year's deal..

820's are going for about 230... maybe less, by the time intel gets around to shipping your proc(december) they will probably be selling on the street for 175

mobo sucks, can't overclock it, not worth much money

xp pro, who doesn't have xp yet...

the adobe stuff is nice i guess, but still pretty basic software

aside from the software, by the time you actually recieve your hardware, you could just buy it off pricewatch, maybe even save money(don't know what intel will charge for shipping)

what's this amd deal i hear ? I've never been aware of amd having retail purchase programs

yeah ill be going to the event for 3 reasons..

to verifiy employement so if i do decide to get it, i dont have to go through that wait...free movie tickets..thats $20 bucks and a free date, and free popcorn and drinks, hell to learn a bit, save time, and save money ill take that anyday of sitting at home doing hw.

anyone attending the event tomorrow that is already over 10k, and wants to help out a [H] PM me.

i still cant decide if im getting it or not, im skipping the event because i dont want to drive to fort worth

I've been on extended leave from Office Depot because of a new job. And I've got over 12k points now, just hoping that I can still qualify.

I have 10,750 chips so I am going to the live event tonight and get my code to order! :D

There's a live event happening within 30 minutes drive, but I just got in from a trip. Argh... the predicaments...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back