Intel Employee program bundle announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this bundle....im upgrading from an old amd 2500+ system....should i just stick with this package or should i go ahead and resell the mobo and processor and buy the x2? (and duh im a gamer)
Depends how much you care about it and how many hours of the day you spend thinking about your CPU clock speed. Your running DDR in your current system so if you stick with this intel package your going to need to purchase DDR2 as well.

Intel D945Psn The board only has one IDE channle, so if your running 3 PATA devices your going to need a controller card also.

You will getter better performance out of an X2, it will run less hot, and use less power.

Damn I just noticed that it only has one IDE channel. CRAP. Oh well at least I have an IDE RAID controller pci card. maybe its time to upgrade to sata.... :p]

Its also a 24 pin MOBO so you will have to upgrade your PSU or buy an adapter....

the manager I listed as a contact moved to another store last weekend. I hope they ask to speak to someone else :mad:

sweet, i just got my code and ordered my bundle. I was gonna buy an xmd 3800+ x2 but it was $350 for that and a mobo so this is cheaper and ill probably get a gig of faster ram too.

rooter said:
Christ, I still haven't been verified... wonder what the holdup is
im sure its coming, i registered just a few weeks ago and i got mine today so just be patient

Got an email this morning from retailedge.. looks like they will be having a Harry Potter live event around the 17th of this month.. check your retailedge for local live events and regester. (They usally give away 3 free bundles). Plus, you get to see Harry Potter for free, a day before it comes out.

LIVE EVENT! Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Description: Come join Creative for this exclusive training that will feature a previewing of the latest Harry Potter movie. Creative & Intel will be setting up table tops in the movie theatre lobby prior to the main training. This event as allways is FREE & there will be prizes. See you there! Parking is validated by the Theatre.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
AMC Arizona Center 24
565 North 3rd Street,
Phoenix, AZ
US
Date: 11/17/2005 08:30 PM

P.S. My UPS tracking number shows that I should receive my package today.

ShiShKaBoB said:
P.S. My UPS tracking number shows that I should receive my package today.

Mine was scheduled to arrive on monday but its out for delivery today!!!!! :D

Mine was scheduled to arrive on monday but its out for delivery today!!!!!
On your UPS tracking page what does it say under "STATUS"? Mine says "In Transit"? Does your say "Out For Delivery"? It shows that my package arrived here in Phoenix at 8Pm yesterday.. sure hope it shows up at my door today. Let me know when yours shows up.

ShiShKaBoB said:
On your UPS tracking page what does it say under "STATUS"? Mine says "In Transit"? Does your say "Out For Delivery"? It shows that my package arrived here in Phoenix at 8Pm yesterday.. sure hope it shows up at my door today. Let me know when yours shows up.

Scheduled Delivery: Nov 7, 2005

Shipped to: WILMINGTON, DE, US
Shipped or Billed on: Nov 2, 2005

Nov 4, 2005
6:40 A.M.
NEWARK, DE, US
OUT FOR DELIVERY

wow, i ordered last night and it shipped today. Good stuff, i gotta get soem memory soon.

Teaser...

inteld4fw.jpg

Not sure yet.. I dont really have a need for another system.. especially an intel system.. and I really dont have enough money to fork over for DDR2 + a great PCIe video card.., but i do have a need for an X2 3800. I was thinking I might sell what I can along with my 3500 Venice to pay for an X2 3800.. but then again Christmas is right around the corner and I may just not want to spoil myself and instead buy something for somebody else. I sure would like the X2's to drop $100 soon.

You do realize we are "not allowed" to sell these right? So.. yeah.. not sure if im going to or not.. but I really dont have a need or want to build this type of system.. choices I have.

ShiShKaBoB said:
Not sure yet.. I dont really have a need for another system.. especially an intel system.. and I really dont have enough money to fork over for DDR2 + a great PCIe video card.., but i do have a need for an X2 3800. I was thinking I might sell what I can along with my 3500 Venice to pay for an X2 3800.. but then again Christmas is right around the corner and I may just not want to spoil myself and instead buy something for somebody else. I sure would like the X2's to drop $100 soon.

You do realize we are "not allowed" to sell these right? So.. yeah.. not sure if im going to or not.. but I really dont have a need or want to build this type of system.. choices I have.
yea i know, i guess what i meant to say was are you going to use it or not use it...

ShiShKaBoB said:

so the software in the bundle is not retail? makes this deal warm at best...

I just got out of work and I am about to build my machine! Which means the machine im on now is no more :)!

Your supposed to at least deal with intel products... i dont know what intel would do if they came accross one that said "warehouse". There is an eligability thing listed on intels web site.. How many chips do you have?

ShiShKaBoB said:
Your supposed to at least deal with intel products... i dont know what intel would do if they came accross one that said "warehouse". There is an eligability thing listed on intels web site.. How many chips do you have?

ARGH! I have more than enough points and they said I was Unqualified... Even though I'm on extended leave at Office Depot. I am awaiting a response to my email I sent to them regarding this.

:p on Intel!

im still waiting to be verified, cant decide if im going to keep this system for myself, or use it for a family member though

I decided not get pentium D. I had pentium 4 550 from last year, and it was overheating. I sold it 2 days after I bought it. Didn't like it at all.

Woot. Apparently cussing them out on the [H]ardforums makes them prioritize you.

AKA: Verified!. Now to see if I saved the money.

sweet i got my package today, unfortunatly i havent recieved my ddr2 memory or my pcie video card yet. Tommorow will be fun when i get it together.

G-daddy said:
Woot. Apparently cussing them out on the [H]ardforums makes them prioritize you.

AKA: Verified!. Now to see if I saved the money.

FCUK! CMON INTEL VERIFY ME!

I ordered earlier but notice it said it was backordered. :eek:

Wonder if that's always said that.

didnt say it for me. says ships in 1 bus day....placed my order! $234.58..now just gotta decide if i want to keep or sell it :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back