andypnb

Gawd
It is:
1. Intel® Pentium® D 820 processor
2. Intel® Desktop Board D945PSN
3. Microsoft Windows XP Professional
4. Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0
All for the amazing price of $215!

Slowest dual core, the board is pci-e, and sata2.
Seems to be a very good deal this year. somewhat better than last i think.

is there anyone here who can buy it and resell it to members here? Id like to jump in on this deal.

mokkapoop said:
is there anyone here who can buy it and resell it to members here? Id like to jump in on this deal.

There will be lots of them on ebay after they start selling in October.

Also they verify employment, but not very strictly.

I got 12130 points. I had the last year bundle and it wasn't that great. I just kept my s478 2.4 p4 and sold 3.4 ghz with mobo to my friend. This time I am thinking of buying it but I don't know if it will be an upgrade from this though.

did anyone elses points dissapear? i had a few thousand then i login, have to resetup my profile, and all i had was 10

usualpulp said:
did anyone elses points dissapear? i had a few thousand then i login, have to resetup my profile, and all i had was 10

maybe they were points from last year?
they dont carry over. look in your point profile, at the bottom it tells you how many you earned last year.

I am gonna get this but i really want an AMD X2 setup, maybe ill trade/sell these for what im looking for.

It happened to me last year and this year couple month ago. I retook quizes that were resetted. And one time I had 0 points but couple days it came back to my actual numbers.

I tried to enroll, and just put "Other Chain" for store, and "Other departement" or whatever for my job. But I don't get a confirmation email :( ...oh well, so much for trying to stick it to the man :)

my room mate works at radio shack, and that is on the list of places, so it looks like i will be getting a combo :)

if you put in other, you immedietly get rejected. which is a change from last year.

Then why have it listed as an option? and why not send you an email saying "sorry numb nuts you can't enter" :)

...stupid intel, maybe my next puter will be an AMD just for spite :)

I've had the bundles for the last two years. That's why I'm running a prescott instead of an AMD. I stopped doing the retailedge program, I figure I'll spend a bit more and get what I want. (I'm not much for reselling on ebay)
Great deal for those that want the hardware though.

i think i may have to jump on this too.

does anyone know how this deal compares to the amd one that just past with the s939 amd64 3200 and asus a8n-e mobo performance wise?

i got the amd deal. i do both gaming and alot of multitasking so im not sure if getting this would be considered an 'upgrade' from my current system.

I posted other for both and got in... but... I was greeted by a message that said that since I don't work for one of the listed retail chains I'm not eligible for the extras including the purchase program.

I went ahead and logged in and at the bottom in small, light print it says "Pending employment verification. Supplies are limited. You must be employed at an eligible retail chain to participate in any Purchase Program."

So I won't keep my hopes up.

I'm in and have been for a while. I've got 12,175 chips which means I'm already guaranteed a bundle if I want one :D ....great program...

Ah bobwrong, you beat me in points by 55. Mine is 12130

I passed all the quizes since last year with perfect scores.

I was wondering on how much do they update the new Challenges/Articles since I just signed up. Is it one just every month?

If anyone is eligible and doesn't want the goods, I'll be glad to pay a premium if they happened to be sold to me..... PM me..

Schro said:
If anyone is eligible and doesn't want the goods, I'll be glad to pay a premium if they happened to be sold to me..... PM me..
Same here, I'll pay a lil extra + shipping. I signed up as an employee of at a store I used to work at 1 year ago, but if they call to confirm I might be screwed.

I'd probably do $275 shipped for one of them... probably. Ask me in October, when you can actually get it.

Slava said:
Ah bobwrong, you beat me in points by 55. Mine is 12130

I passed all the quizes since last year with perfect scores.

I must have logged on a couple more times than you did! hehe...at least we are both getting the deal!

;)

grr; i work retail but my store doesnt show up on there. i woulda picked one up for a word processing/htpc/linux box to i think..

I just signed up and did everything I could for points but only have about 7500 points right now. Do you think buy the time it is available that I can get it up the 10000?

im thinking about picking one up and reselling it again this year. who knows i just might keep it. depends how into gaming i get and my available funds

i might be selling mine.

i have a 2.8C at 3.2, 2 gigs of ram and a 6800 ultra (in a shuttle so its not that easy to upgrade).

gotta wonder how much better this proc will be than mine... if much at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back