Intel DG965OT mATX MoBo & Core 2 Duo E6320 & 1GB ram Bundle for $99 @ MicroCenter

Something about it being pre mounted, I dunno, sounds used.

edit: 3 yr warranty and factory mounted? So it's a combo from Intel already mounted?

Shows to be out of stock in Richardson, Texas. :( And this would have been perfect for my needs.

out of stock in paterson, nj...looks like another phantom deal form microcenter like last weeks...damn employees hiding it or something.

out of stock in paterson, nj...looks like another phantom deal form microcenter like last weeks...damn employees hiding it or something.
No, Some darn wholesaler shows up at the Paterson store every saturday OR sunday and buys all of their best refurbs/open box and hot deal items. The rest of us just have his rejects to pick from :rolleyes:. Not sure where he sells the stuff, probably on ebay, but i've heard the employees mention him a couple of times.

How about for a file/media server? I have an old thermaltake armor I could throw this in and stuff it full of hard drives =)

You could purchase online, and have it ship to Paterson, NJ. My local MC ran out of it, but was able to do just that.

All the best.

Depends on what you're planning on using it for.

I when ahead and order it.
I only plan to used for web/emai/pictures and maybe storage.
I have another project on hold so meanwhile i do a cheap build.

What good Cheap PSU would go good with this combo? Anybody.

Danny Bui as always thanks for you help.

I seriously looked at this setup for my Dad as the AMD socket with crap mobo just died.

I decieded against this setup, instead I got:
TUL TG31-M2 mAtx board from newegg (aka Foxconn)=$48 FS-$15 MIR=$33 AR
E5200 from Dell= 65.70 shipped
OCZ Fatal1ty 2x1GB 1066 from newegg= $36 FS-$20 MIR=$16 AR

Total of $150 then $115AR. I can wait for rebates no big deal.

To me it was a better deal and bios is not locked, also dual channel 1066 mem(just happened to be cheapest). Although I'm not sure how the G31 compares to the X3000?

I'm sure if you catch the right deals at the right time you can get an E5200 mAtx setup similar for $100.

I even looked around at AMD but for the price could not do any better, except for maybe onboard video?

To me it was a better deal and bios is not locked, also dual channel 1066 mem. Although I'm not sure how the G31 compares to the X3000?
The G31 has GMA 3100 graphics, which is closely related to the GMA 950. It lacks hardware features that the GMA X3000 has like hardware vertex shaders and has limited hardware video decoding acceleration. The GMA 3100 is pretty weak even by Intel standards. :p

This page has a good summary of the differences: http://www.taiwanpcsources.com/intelgraphics.htm

Really, if low end graphics are an issue, you could always add a cheap video card. Frys.com sometimes has the 7200GS for $0AR or $20AR.

Thanks for the info. I have a 7600Gt that I could use but he only needs it for internet so I doubt the lacking onboard will hurt at all. I plan to undervolt the CPU also and run it on this old 250w OEM psu. I almost got an E1200 instead as that would be plenty but figured what the heck.

I order one and i got an email saying its backorder so i have to wait 30 before my orders get cancel or call and cancel if i want to.

Its a no go.

I order one and i got an email saying its backorder so i have to wait 30 before my orders get cancel or call and cancel if i want to.

Its a no go.

Damn! I sure hope they don't make me wait 30 days just to tell me they're canceling my order. Friend of mine wants the m/b but he has a QX6850. Wonder if there's any possibility this will work with a QX6850?

With a 965 chipset I really doubt it, but it's possible. My Asus P5B Deluxe has a P965 and will work with it...

Back