Intel ARC Performance and Pricing Speculation

to restricted and getting a card for a reasonable price is kind of a meme.

not sure what your talking about but any of the cards will work.
You only need a absolutely crappy card or whatever for QSV. Maybe that is their goal (to not compete at all with anyone), but I think that's unlikely. My point is, not sure Intel is trying to create 25W cards for servers as part of this, but I could be wrong.

You only need a absolutely crappy card or whatever for QSV. Maybe that is their goal (to not compete at all with anyone), but I think that's unlikely. My point is, not sure Intel is trying to create 25W cards for servers as part of this, but I could be wrong.
There wasn't any elaboration on what exactly they mean but: Intel said they want to ship 4 million cards this year. The majority of which will cost about $75.

I dont really care what their creating them to do. They support quick sync and thats what ill use them for. As long as they have a card thats around 75-100w and isnt over 500 with single or dual slot cooling ill pick it up. Quadro A2000 is 800-900.

I dont really care what their creating them to do. They support quick sync and thats what ill use them for. As long as they have a card thats around 75-100w and isnt over 500 with single or dual slot cooling ill pick it up. Quadro A2000 is 800-900.
A lot of servers won't support high power mode post boot on PCIe, yours may.

That show me a $400 canadian 1050 TI, if that what you meant by cheap I misunderstood you, cheap card I had more 150 and below in mind.
Weird. That’s supposed to be a link to a 150 1050 TI.

Edit- 170 now

Simple question.....with as long as these have been discussed, are these ever actually going to be on a store shelf???? The Duke Nukem Forever of video cards LOL! :confused:

Intel: Also requires an Nvidia 3080 Ti or higher. But other than that, should work with any system.

Reactions: noko
like this
If it is a virtually pure OEM play, does not matter much the 10th gen and up, no AMD support would be a bigger deal.

Would be bad news for adding/swapping old server card and if you make a new one, maybe the igpu that come with a new intel CPU would do the trick enough with the price saving....

Intel is sure good at product timing. They will release these cards just when a flood of mining cards will hit the market.

If we wait long enough, AMD will release something that's slower than the A380 (give it time)

Oh my god, I am shocked. But they hired AMD’s god and savior Raja. He never actually delivered anything useful and his marketing overhyped everything; how could we have seen this coming? Shocked.

Details of Reviews:

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-a...-its-like-living-in-the-middle-of-a-minefield

the driver itself is a “construction site“, says the reviewer. The gaming experience is crippled with graphics issues and would often require a restart.

Gaming with Intel’s Arc A380, even with the latest driver, is like living in the middle of a minefield – mind you, playing while drunk. There is no other way to describe the past working days with the Arc A380. You don’t even know where to start. In its current state, it is completely incomprehensible how a large and reputable company like Intel can sell such a product to even a single customer.
— Wolfgang Andermahr, ComputerBase

Igor’sLAB: ARC A380 with ‘NOT APPROVED’ award​

Igor’sLAB reiterates ComputerBase’s claims that ARC A380 is simply not usable without ReBAR. The design of the GUNNIR card shows obvious cost-cutting and excessive power requirements. The card appears rushed and quickly assembled with thermal pads too thick and too much thermal paste overall. The graphics card was really this bad that Igor gave Arc A380 no approval, which is the second time ever that such an ‘award’ was ever given to a tested product by the site.

I'd be nervous about the drivers.. the intel chipset drivers suck.. they need to take a page out of AMD's book. One download.. instead I'm trying to navigate the shitty driver download page.

Igor’sLAB reiterates ComputerBase’s claims that ARC A380 is simply not usable without ReBAR. The design of the GUNNIR card shows obvious cost-cutting and excessive power requirements. The card appears rushed and quickly assembled with thermal pads too thick and too much thermal paste overall. The graphics card was really this bad that Igor gave Arc A380 no approval, which is the second time ever that such an ‘award’ was ever given to a tested product by the site.

Was this card assembled by The Verge?

Back