Intel, AMD File Motions in 2005 Antitrust Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
Much like a good soap opera with popular characters, lawsuits like this just keep dragging on and on…year after year.

Intel and Advanced Micro Devices filed motions on Wednesday in the U.S. District Court in Delaware, seeking sanctions against each other. Both motions are related to the retention of information in the antitrust case filed by AMD in 2005.

Correction:
Intel lawyers and Advanced Micro Devices lawyers filed motions on Wednesday in the U.S. District Court in Delaware, seeking sanctions against each other. Both motions are related to the retention of information in the antitrust case filed by AMD lawyers in 2005.

Lawyers' babies gotta eat too, you know.

I wonder how this one is going to turn out. The Asian and European cases so far have set a precedent against Intel. Even if AMD wins, I can't see them getting a judgement as big as the European one.

AMD: "You're a big doodie head"
Intel: "No, you're a doodie head!"

...and the legal case forges on.

I would love to see AMD win the this thing, but I wonder if AMD can stay viable long enough to see it through and collect. With all this legal maneuvering I just can't see this being resolved till 2012, and then when intel appeals the decision it won't be till 2020 that intel could be forced to pay up. Shoot it has already been about 4 years and they still haven't gone to trial.

It is a bad situation since we all know Intel keep companies like Dell from selling their products while they did have the edge in performance.

Back