- Joined
- Apr 10, 2003
- Messages
- 23,532
Intel 2019 Roadmap Leaked [Rumor]Maybe a rumor subforum? I don't really mind it being in the news forum proper, long as it's clear it's rumor.
That is what I titled the thread...
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Intel 2019 Roadmap Leaked [Rumor]Maybe a rumor subforum? I don't really mind it being in the news forum proper, long as it's clear it's rumor.
You're looking at the averaged out numbers up top. I'm talking specifically about "SC Mixed" under "Peak Overclocked Benched" (the 73% one), and then I'm comparing it with the 8700K reduced to base speed. The 21% math is correct, but it's a very specific scenario. It just happens to be the one which I care about right now. My thinking is:
Most people here are probably in different shoes.
- I've been running this thing OC'd for a decade now and it's been a major pain in the ass keeping it stable. The exact settings which I have to use keep varying from year to year. For my next processor I very well might just buy something which is fast enough at stock speeds that I can leave it there and not have to worry about it, especially now that "turbo mode" is a thing.
- A very large number of games out there still do most of their processing on a single thread. There are lots of small tasks in games which have to be performed quickly and then joined back to the main thread. Oftentimes the operational overhead of branching threads off for these tasks and dealing with concurrency issues actually hurts performance in the main thread more than it would for that thread to do the work itself. Factorio, for instance, is a game where the developers are very open about their engine architecture and have come up against this hurdle. I happen to play a lot of that.
Right, was just speaking in general.Intel 2019 Roadmap Leaked [Rumor]
That is what I titled the thread...
Yeah that's like the 4th rumor on the release dates.Yeah, October seems to be the target date. Though I maintain concerns about a possible paper launch.
https://wccftech.com/exclusive-intels-desktop-roadmap-2018-to-2019/
Yeah that's like the 4th rumor on the release dates.![]()
Yeah, October seems to be the target date. Though I maintain concerns about a possible paper launch.
https://wccftech.com/exclusive-intels-desktop-roadmap-2018-to-2019/
I saw that yesterday. Hope they do launch this year.
I'll believe it when I see it. I received a 5th launch date rumor a couple of hours ago.October