Infamous PS3 demo

demo was ok. i guess i just dont enjoy these kind of games anymore. Controls seemed waaaay too touchy for me. Didnt really give it much of a chance.

Just got a FragFX v2 for this game, and a few others. Looking forward to not having to use the controller to aim.

After GTA4, I kinda lost the feeling i used to have for sandbox city based games.
don't get me wrong, i loved the infamous demo and will most like be purchasing the full game, but the pzazz of a full free roaming city has just turned to zazz.

as usual i always have trouble controlling the character in the demo due to inexperience, which is usually a downfall on most decisions based on demos, but I'm sure once i get into it, I wont have to think twice.

I was going to ignore this completely.. but after playing the demo, I put down a pre-order. It was a lot of fun, and the guys at suckerpunch know how to make a good game, so I'll be picking it up in the morning.

I liked the demo, but the part where your fighting the 4-5 18 wheeler's in the demo was kinda hard, I died several times cuz I didn't know where the gunfire was coming from but I think I'll buy it, seemed pretty cool overall.

The good/bad persona's seemed very different from each other, and that red lightning is fucking awesome.;)

I liked the demo, but the part where your fighting the 4-5 18 wheeler's in the demo was kinda hard, I died several times cuz I didn't know where the gunfire was coming from but I think I'll buy it, seemed pretty cool overall.

The good/bad persona's seemed very different from each other, and that red lightning is fucking awesome.;)

I finally played through the whole demo and I think they were trying to give you a nice overall taste of the different kinds of encounters you might have during the game. When you fight against the onslaught and trucks in the actual game you might be more adapted to the gameplay and have more tricks under your sleeve at that point.

Keep an eye on the radar map at the bottom right of your screen. That tells you where your enemies are if you get "lost". I always say in cover and fire from there. I then unleash the awesome lightning from the sky move before the truck goes under cover.

I thought the demo was fun, but Prototype just looks a little more appealing to me. This just played a little too much like Crackdown to me. I LOVED Crackdown, but I spent many hours playing it, and I just got a "more of the same" feeling while playing this demo. Still a really fun game though. I will probably wait for Prototype and see which I like more.

I thought the demo was fun, but Prototype just looks a little more appealing to me. This just played a little too much like Crackdown to me. I LOVED Crackdown, but I spent many hours playing it, and I just got a "more of the same" feeling while playing this demo. Still a really fun game though. I will probably wait for Prototype and see which I like more.

If you think inFamous played like crackdown, then you can pretty much guess Prototype will as well. Either way, they are all completely different games. One doesn't stop me from having the other, imo.

Just got a FragFX v2 for this game, and a few others. Looking forward to not having to use the controller to aim.

How do you like it? I bought one last year and have used it twice. I found that it was impossible to play with and overall a huge peice of crap.

I'll be getting it tonight, can't wait to play it. I never really played GTAIV too too much so the whole open world thing is still pretty awesome to me.

Too...many...games....arrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

I remember back in my college days, I used to wait for games to be released because I plowed through them so quickly. Now I have a massive backlog and am actually relieved when there are long stretches of no games being released because then I have a chance to play my existing copies.

If you think inFamous played like crackdown, then you can pretty much guess Prototype will as well. Either way, they are all completely different games. One doesn't stop me from having the other, imo.

I may end up going with inFamous in the end, but for now I will hold off judgment. I really did love Crackdown, but I just think one of these two games (this or Prototype) will be enough to keep me busy for quite a while. I will just wait and see how Prototype turns out before I make my decision.

I wish I had enough time for both, but work and a newborn keep me extremely busy these days.

wow its great so far lol, just got it a few minutes ago. This game though a little repetitive is prbly one of the better vertical platformers in a while.

Well... now I have another game to keep an eye out for on craigslist. Son of a bitch, I have a stack of games that will never get completed :p

lol i just played through 5hrs straight of this ad I skipped my study time.... Damn this game is addicting the story is pretty enticing and overall its pretty badass.

Agreed with TechBoy. This game is absolutely amazing, and fun to play. I've only put an hour and a half into it so far.

This game is fucking brilliant, im hooked! I love the comic style cutscenes, right im off to go scare more peds!

I bought the game without even trying the demo. I love it so far , cant wait to go further in!

man i wish this game wasn't $70 in canada. it looks great but no game is worth that much. maybe once it gets to around $50 i will pick it up.

man i wish this game wasn't $70 in canada. it looks great but no game is worth that much. maybe once it gets to around $50 i will pick it up.

I was in the same bag as you but went with it. 30hours of gametime is good . Tell me something fun that you can do for 2.25 an hour?

when you break it down like that it doesn't sound too bad i guess.

i think my problem is that i am used to paying around $50 for a game. a new game that's great i wouldn't mind paying $60. but $70 is that magic number where i just say fuck it.

plus the fact that it's $10 cheaper in the states is just a painful fact i am trying to forget

I loved the Demo. I really want to go out and buy this game. I'm sure I'll see it in a Bargin Bin by next month....maybe. Yah yah I know I'm cheap but what ever saves me money.

I loved the Demo. I really want to go out and buy this game. I'm sure I'll see it in a Bargin Bin by next month....maybe. Yah yah I know I'm cheap but what ever saves me money.

Bargain Bin by next month?? Highly unlikely..

The game went from must buy to not even a rent after playing the demo. Not at ALL what I expecting, especially with all the hype.

Hopefully Prototype comes out with a demo. Maybe that will be better.

when you break it down like that it doesn't sound too bad i guess.

i think my problem is that i am used to paying around $50 for a game. a new game that's great i wouldn't mind paying $60. but $70 is that magic number where i just say fuck it.

plus the fact that it's $10 cheaper in the states is just a painful fact i am trying to forget

well there is the currency exchange... equal 67$... wich is 2$ less

The game went from must buy to not even a rent after playing the demo. Not at ALL what I expecting, especially with all the hype.

What were you expecting?

Tell me something fun that you can do for 2.25 an hour?

Your mom?

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :D

Anyway, haven't picked this one up yet, but I did play through the demo and, while I like the artistic style, I can't see this being worth $60. The gameplay is fun, albeit really repetitive, and the good/evil thing can only provide so much entertainment.

its what we expected from you though!!! (just kidding!)

Anyway im still on the first island and ive just looked up at the clock and its nearly 1am, ive been playing this all day lmao!! Shit, im up in 4 hours!!

its what we expected from you though!!! (just kidding!)

Anyway im still on the first island and ive just looked up at the clock and its nearly 1am, ive been playing this all day lmao!! Shit, im up in 4 hours!!

I'm still on the first island as well. I'm just busy collecting all the shards etc and doing the side quests. I want to see if I can complete everything possible, haha.

Back