Infamous PS3 demo

dwk

Gawd
So I really had no high hopes for this game but I got a pre-order for it anyways to get into the uncharted 2 beta and it came with the demo for the game. So I downloaded the demo today and WOW I must say the game is pretty damn fun. The combat is really smooth and the controls are great and make it easy to chain moves/powers together. Anybody else try it yet? I know I am stoked for the game now.

video here

Going to be an awesome game. I wish there was a bit more variety of powers beyond just electricity, but that's a pretty minor wish for an otherwise sweet game.

If anyone has one of the download codes that you don't want to use I'd like to try it :p gimme the PM if you can help out

I thought this was going to be one of those games that 'looks cool' but will end up being a failure due to the controls. Glad to hear it's pretty fun.

is it real smooth or is the framerate shitty like gta? thanks

I read somewhere that if you want to try out the demo. It will be released to all May 21st on the PSN.

if you look around on youtube and stuff you can find videos from the demo. Framerate looks loads better than GTA and saints row2

My expectations for this game are pretty low considering all the vids I've seen from it look pretty boring. Too bad I have to pre order the game to get a demo code.

Lame.

I'm interested in hearing some more responses on it though.

I'm no frames per second enthusiast, but it appears to be quite smooth. I'd guess they sacrificed some of the image quality (AA etc) for better frame rate.

My expectations for this game are pretty low considering all the vids I've seen from it look pretty boring. Too bad I have to pre order the game to get a demo code.

Lame.

I'm interested in hearing some more responses on it though.

I also had low expectations of the game and did not plan on picking it up. I pre-ordered it thinking I would get in the pre-order box the beta code for uncharted 2 multiplayer and once I got the code I would wait on the reviews on if I would pick up the game or not. Well it turns out the pre-order box only had the code for the demo and the beta code comes with the game. So I was like what the hell I will get the demo a try since I already have the code for it. I was pretty blown away by the gameplay and found it to be a lot of fun (have beat the demo three times now). The story line seems interesting you dont get a lot of it from the demo but from the few cut scenes it has shown has that comic book story feel to it. The controls are very smooth and easy to chain together to do some crazy moves. Even though you have some super powers it doesnt take that much to kill you which can make it challenging and if you die you dont have to start the whole mission over you start about at the part you died so you can try again. Climbing the buildings is fun and easy and looks really smooth watching your guy do it. I have to say I went from now going to even give this game a chance unless the reviews scores on it where 9+ to going to pick it up on release date and cant wait :D

sry to bump an old thread, but the demos out now!!

Just played it through once and i gotta say the game is really fun. The differences between being a Hero or Infamous can clearly be seen between the two, which right there gives the game replay value. But even without that, being able to make the decisions is very nice. And climbing feels very smooth, and the graphics look amazing, the explosions, the electricity, just the overall environment makes the game very enjoyable. I gotta say this wasnt a game up there on my list of games to buy, but after playing it im probably gonna go out in a bit and reserve it :D

damn work, I will download this in 2 hours, cant wait

im not sure if its out in the US store yet, probably will be very soon, but i downloaded mine from the UK store with a dummy account just so i can play it right now :D

And for anyone wondering, the demo is ~ 1.2 gigs and gives you a lot of city to play in, well at least it felt like a lot :p

Ahh, I think NA will get it may 26th, UK probably just gets it a bit earlier :(

oh im pretty sure it should be coming out today, and if it does ill post :)

But if you're still in doubt about the game id recommend just making a demo EU account, only takes like 5 min max, and trying it out for yourselves. I'm actually gonna head downstairs again and play it again instead of doing my work for French :D

Yeah, I'm downloading it right now. Made a fake euro account, lol.

Thanks for the heads up!

Yup, can't wait!! I'm planning on getting it on release because it looks good and comes with Uncharted 2 multiplayer beta!! :D. Heh.

looking at some other boards, it seems its now out on the US PSN store also, so for anyone who didnt make an EU dummy account, you can go download it now and experience inFamous :D

All I got to say is.. WOW. inFamous exceeded my expectations for sure. Was a blast and seems like the world was pretty huge, haha.

I'm downloading it now but I really wish I knew why PSN is way slower than XBL on my end. Looking forward to see if this game is actually any good though.

All I got to say is.. WOW. inFamous exceeded my expectations for sure. Was a blast and seems like the world was pretty huge, haha.

same here, just played it through again looking for all the blue lightning bolt things to increase your overall charge and trying out all the powers. The lightning blast from the sky was pretty cool, but i liked jumping off the really high buildings and holding square for the big charge when you land to send everything and everything flying with lots of explosions :D

I'm downloading it now but I really wish I knew why PSN is way slower than XBL on my end. Looking forward to see if this game is actually any good though.

And the download was actually pretty fast for me, much faster than i expected. My ps3 is in my basement running off wireless with only about 20-30% signal strength and the download was going around 1 MB/s, but its probably because so many people in the US are trying to get the demo right now haha

Haha likewise, I downloaded it at really high speeds off the uk store. The psn store for U.S and Canada must be swamped atm.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Picked up the game earlier, it's really good.

My only complaint so far is that the cutscene animations (not the comic cutscenes, btw) range from mediocre to godawful. I haven't seen animation that rigid since the first Tomb Raider.

But yeah, during gameplay animation is completely fluid... it's bizarre.

Demo was really fun. Does this game have any form of online? That would be way sweet but I haven't heard anything about it

I think the US PSN was just getting hammered last night. My downloads aren't usually slow.

Concerning the demo I'll have to go back and play it again, only had a short time last night. But I definitely enjoyed the time played. Only downside at the moment (imo, might just need adjusting to controls) was how Cole would cling to everything when I jumped around. I don't really want him auto-attaching to lights posts and the such. That and I don't like how you can't just run off a ledge. Like the train car, I had to jump off.

minor things though.

I'll have to try the demo tonight. The game kind of flew under my radar but it's getting good reviews and I'm a big fan of Amon Tobin who apparently handled the soundtrack. I didn't want to get both this and Prototype but I need a new game so it will be hard to resist if the demo is fun.

I pre-ordered the game based on my impressions of videos and interviews. The demo just solidified my decision. Amazon, do not fail me!

Sadly, I had to stop playing the demo last night so I could go to bed, but oh man, is it mine when I get home.

I am fine with his sole power being electricity because he does great things with it. Standard bolts of "lightning", electric bombs, electro-magnetic shock waves. Summoning lightning to rain down from the sky and from what I hear, lots of other great uses. I like him having just one elemental power because it allows them to expand and concentrate on that, and give him a weakness (dark city areas, water, guns, etc.).

I am very impressed, can't wait to see their game trailer for inFamous at the theater when I go see Terminator.

Hmm, I wasn't really blown away by the demo. Seems like a decent game but not worth $70 CAD. Might pick it up when it hits the $30 range.

Hmm, I wasn't really blown away by the demo. Seems like a decent game but not worth $70 CAD. Might pick it up when it hits the $30 range.

Zellers has 20% Discount off software during this and next week. I think if it is true, Infamous will be 56.99 CAD, which is well worth it, since it comes with multiplayer beta of uncharted as well. That is sure to be a blast.

More complaints as I'm getting further in the game:

The sidequests vary from a selection of about 5 or 6 different missions. I thought the objectives and whatnot would change once you get to the second island but no... same crap.
It's really unfortunate - personally, I think if you make an open-world game, missions that don't repeat themselves is a must... you have to keep it fresh for the player - even if they are sidequests.

Anyway, aside from this gripe and the uneven animation work (sometimes amazing, sometimes awful), I don't think I'm going to be having any more complaints about this one, unless the final boss is super cheap like Radec from KZ2 or something. lol

EDIT: Quick update: I was wrong. While there are many repeating sidequests, there's more than just the types found on the first island. It still would have been nice to see the care and attention to each sidequest like in GTA games, but at least there's a bit of variation in them.

Last edited:
I like the demo... but I don't know about spending $70CAD on it... I'll wait 'till the price drops.

I really liked it so far. But kept (3 times) dying during the warping white guy fight. Kept getting sniped from other red dudes. Preordering this is a nobrainer for me, since you get Uncharted 2 multiplayer beta.

Anyone picked this game up yet at gamestop? maybe selling early?

Someone on another forum was nice enough to give me access to the demo when it was able to pre-order people. I didn't expect it to be so good. Going to pick it up this week at some point.

Back