In Ear Vs Over Ear

XAuTomaT1CX

Weaksauce
What do you find better in ear or over ear headphones for mobile use not gaming?
i was to buy sony mdr7506 & Zalman Zmic (could use them for gaming too) until I could afford steelseries siberia v2. should I keep with my plan or buy klipsch image s4 and just buy siberia v2 when i can afford them?

If you want something that sounds and works great for mobile use that also does ok for gaming try the $18

MEElectronics M6

I like my MEElec M9P a lot, very solid build and great chord (almost no noise from bouncing it around)... Works great with Android phones, really a great value for how they sound. I'm not sure why you would ever wanna fuss with a separate mic & chord for mobile use...

In ear don't give as much base as the sound gets spurted directly into your ear drum

If it were to be used at home I would go for the over the ear route.

On the other hand if you go around a lot outside of your home then I would go for the in ear route.

+1 for the Meelectronics M6. I bought it when it was $35 1.5 years ago and they still work!

MEElectronics if you just want a cheap pair to use while on the go. If you rather bring headphones along, the Sonys you suggested are very good too. They're durable and are a good price. They also sound amazing (I have a pair of MDR-V6s which is essentially the same thing).

MEElec has a pretty good pair of portable over the ear headphones too (see sig), tho I think Sennheisser's PX200 fold up more compact (if you can find that older model for a good price, I think they're replacing it with a newer version).

thanks for the help guys, I will probaly pick up both the sony mdr v7506 & MEElectronics 6 since there so cheap and durable and it's good to have a spare (Based on 5 pages of amazon reviews) thanks for the help guys

For portability in-ear wins. I have a pair of Shure SE310s that I love. You're not going to get a lot of bass but you get pretty good clarity and the noise-blocking is excellent.

I have the MEE A151s, nothing to complain about. It came with plenty of tips. Also dig it because of the balanced armatures and nicely braided cables.

Last edited:
thanks for the help guys, I will probaly pick up both the sony mdr v7506 & MEElectronics 6 since there so cheap and durable and it's good to have a spare (Based on 5 pages of amazon reviews) thanks for the help guys

Great choices! You can't go wrong with those :D

Back