Imaging Tech Developed for NASA Finds Hidden Script in Dead Sea Scrolls

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Researchers have begun using imaging tech originally developed for NASA to examine fragments of the Dead Sea Scrolls and found that some of the fragments contain a hidden script that wasn't visible to the naked eye. The imaging technique resulted in the discovery of new letters and words and may even indicate the existence of additional manuscripts. Also, the imaging software is a godsend for researchers because it allows them to digitize the fragments and cut down on handling of these fragile fragments. Who knows what else they're going to find now that they have technology on the job? Thanks cageymaru.

Another fragment contains letters written in the ancient Hebrew script, known as paleo-Hebrew. This fragment could not be attributed to any one of the known manuscripts. This raises the possibility that it belonged to a still unknown manuscript.

My guess is the papers touched each other and left imprints... and the other script didnt survive.

And it roughly translates to:

“This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.”

This means that they might find some hidden code in all those programs I wrote back in the 80s & 90s.

"Do you agree with Trump that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel?"
Nope.

Not to dimiss thier findings, but if you look hard enough, you can find almost anything with time and imagination....

But but, it's real.....

“This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.”

Early draft on how to con the masses and uneducated. lol

It was common practice to reuse/recycle papyrus back then. It is quite possible they could find traces of writings under the other writings.

they are also using these new imaging techniques to read the papyrus used on mummies that was thought blank, but is recycled. and they are finding some interesting stuff, even if common and mundane

So much knowledge of the ancient world has been lost, it is exciting to see these technologies bringing to light these manuscripts. Along with laser imaging of ground sites, we are set to have a golden age of discovery that could re-shape the way we think about past civilizations!

You don't even know what the Dead Sea scrolls are do you? They are a significant historical discovery. The majority are not Biblical, only 3 of the 800 something manuscripts are books from the Bible, rather they are commentaries on the OT, paraphrases that expand on the Law, rule books of the community, war conduct, thanksgiving psalms, hymnic compositions, benedictions, liturgical texts, and sapiential writings. The scrolls cover a wide number of topics and only a fraction of the scroll that were stored there were found/recoverable, it was a library, that was hidden from the Romans, who had a habit of destroying writings and history of people.

There are those who believe without needing the supposed can only be one "truth" from men/women that do their best to convince the world that only THEY have existed or ever existed (we must have come from nothing for no reason at all LMAO) finding out clever ways using media, technology, random half assed "scientific method" to get others on board.

there is religion that is no different to science in its concept that is to only believe in what THEY tell you, because they told you and went out of their way to cover up cover ups which cover up even more "you want the truth, you can't handle the truth" type thing

Those who have Faith in the unknown, all that is would be impossible to be as it is without being made to be as it is, do not need "proof" because they know that many things simply are beyond human comprehension or explanation.

------------------------------------
-----------

Sciences (as a generalized train of thought/shool) may have helped us understand how certain things work with each other, but are absolutely crap when it comes to explaining the WHY it is the way they claim, they see the results of (potentially) not the action that made it be, and what is "legit" today and tommorow be thrown in the trash next week.

I am absolutely all in for the evolution science has allowed to multiply what we used to be able to do versus what we now can, medicine, engineering and the like.

Religion and most sciences tend to be more often than not conventional abstraction that can and likely will be proven wrong in time, science specifically is an ever changing "substance" but they still require/need the "trust" in such a fashion that many schools of science call the others idiots because THEIR beliefs are credible and all others are crud nothing more.

----------------------------------
----------

Faith is believing without needing evidence, therefore it is infallible on a simple level, if you have "faith" the only the world we know exists, good for you..

Atheist- Believes that god/deities do not exist, never existed, cannot exist, or completely lack awareness of what they can physically sense (or someone else tells them EXACTLY what THEY feel it is) so basically a complete lack of anything but the physical world (take that as you will)

Agnostic- Believes it is impossible to know that god/deities exist, ever existed, could have existed, but remains often noncommittal on the issue or description of (on the fence)

>>>>>

Religion tends to be believe because we told you how, where and when, to believe/follow US you do not need evidence beyond what we tell you, which means it can be proven wrong and often (for most) organied religions change the way they do things drastically in word and action by their "leaders" as well as the "followers" over the generations to "stay relevant"

The concept of a brotherhood/sisterhood is not a "bad thing" no more than getting a higher education is inherently "evil" it is all in the way you practise what they preach, or if they will allow you to do so of course.

>>>>>

Science (in general terms) is supposed to be about repeatable evidence the forms the "backbone of their society" so while it may be fundamental to make things like computers or to burn fuel to fly really fast, still really cannot explain the WHY only the WHERE sometimes possibly the WHEN all of which are very much up for debate.

Things as "radiocarbon dating" are expected to be 1000000000000000% accurate or some shit even though we do not know for 10000000000000% certainty that the atoms or whatever degrade over the course of say 1,00,000 years at X rate seeing as we simply do not know nor can we conclude with the 10000000000000% certainty that our earth is x billions of years old and dinosaurs roamed this earth millions of years ago

(hell many times over the dating method or relative speed of things has been outright refuted by folks that are more mathematically intelligent than I).

it is hyperbole on hyperbole, opinion and assumption piled one on top of the other worth trillions of dollars and millions of combined "man hours" of work, much of which is very tightly controlled by governments/universities etc.

----------

I have Faith, I live in the physical world (most of us) do, I do not consider myself foolish enough to think that all of what we see, touch, taste, smell, and hear, all the laws of nature, how DNA/RNA function (like they have a mind of their own) why everything just seems so precisely calibrated in our universe etc all just "came from nowhere for no reason, a random chance, a fluke".

-----------------------------------
------------

Maybe these scrolls have writing under the writing that will blow people's minds, will they ever release information that screws them, not likely, look at pretty much all media these days, or NASA ^.^

It could very well be as suggested, the scrolls just happened to be "old" papyrus that something else was written on, or happened to come into contact with them at some point in the distant past.

I may have trust in some humankind, but my faith that something does and did exist is without question until I am proven wrong, I do not see this happening in my lifetime, I am ok with that ^.^

There are those who believe without needing the supposed can only be one "truth" from men/women that do their best to convince the world that only THEY have existed or ever existed (we must have come from nothing for no reason at all LMAO) finding out clever ways using media, technology, random half assed "scientific method" to get others on board.

there is religion that is no different to science in its concept that is to only believe in what THEY tell you, because they told you and went out of their way to cover up cover ups which cover up even more "you want the truth, you can't handle the truth" type thing

Those who have Faith in the unknown, all that is would be impossible to be as it is without being made to be as it is, do not need "proof" because they know that many things simply are beyond human comprehension or explanation.

------------------------------------
-----------

Sciences (as a generalized train of thought/shool) may have helped us understand how certain things work with each other, but are absolutely crap when it comes to explaining the WHY it is the way they claim, they see the results of (potentially) not the action that made it be, and what is "legit" today and tommorow be thrown in the trash next week.

I am absolutely all in for the evolution science has allowed to multiply what we used to be able to do versus what we now can, medicine, engineering and the like.

Religion and most sciences tend to be more often than not conventional abstraction that can and likely will be proven wrong in time, science specifically is an ever changing "substance" but they still require/need the "trust" in such a fashion that many schools of science call the others idiots because THEIR beliefs are credible and all others are crud nothing more.

----------

Faith is believing without needing evidence, therefore it is infallible on a simple level, if you have "faith" the only the world we know exists, good for you..

Atheist- Believes that god/deities do not exist, never existed, cannot exist, or completely lack awareness of what they can physically sense (or someone else tells them EXACTLY what THEY feel it is) so basically a complete lack of anything but the physical world (take that as you will)

Agnostic- Believes it is impossible to know that god/deities exist, ever existed, could have existed, but remains often noncommittal on the issue or description of (on the fence)

>>>>>

Religion tends to be believe because we told you how, where and when, to believe/follow US you do not need evidence beyond what we tell you, which means it can be proven wrong and often (for most) organied religions change the way they do things drastically in word and action by their "leaders" as well as the "followers" over the generations to "stay relevant"

The concept of a brotherhood/sisterhood is not a "bad thing" no more than getting a higher education is inherently "evil" it is all in the way you practise what they preach, or if they will allow you to do so of course.

>>>>>

Science (in general terms) is supposed to be about repeatable evidence the forms the "backbone of their society" so while it may be fundamental to make things like computers or to burn fuel to fly really fast, still really cannot explain the WHY only the WHERE sometimes possibly the WHEN all of which are very much up for debate.

Things as "radiocarbon dating" are expected to be 1000000000000000% accurate or some shit even though we do not know for 10000000000000% certainty that the atoms or whatever degrade over the course of say 1,00,000 years at X rate seeing as we simply do not know nor can we conclude with the 10000000000000% certainty that our earth is x billions of years old and dinosaurs roamed this earth millions of years ago

(hell many times over the dating method or relative speed of things has been outright refuted by folks that are more mathematically intelligent than I).

it is hyperbole on hyperbole, opinion and assumption piled one on top of the other worth trillions of dollars and millions of combined "man hours" of work, much of which is very tightly controlled by governments/universities etc.

----------

I have Faith, I live in the physical world (most of us) do, I do not consider myself foolish enough to think that all of what we see, touch, taste, smell, and hear, all the laws of nature, how DNA/RNA function (like they have a mind of their own) why everything just seems so precisely calibrated in our universe etc all just "came from nowhere for no reason, a random chance, a fluke".

-----------------------------------
------------

Maybe these scrolls have writing under the writing that will blow people's minds, will they ever release information that screws them, not likely, look at pretty much all media these days, or NASA ^.^

It could very well be as suggested, the scrolls just happened to be "old" papyrus that something else was written on, or happened to come into contact with them at some point in the distant past.

I may have trust in some humankind, but my faith that something does and did exist is without question until I am proven wrong, I do not see this happening in my lifetime, I am ok with that ^.^

Anndddd TLDR.

No need to turn this into a religious debate. There is nothing wrong with believing in God and the Bible just as there is nothing wrong with being an atheist. I don't see why some people from both sides feel the need to bash each other.

No need to turn this into a religious debate. There is nothing wrong with believing in God and the Bible just as there is nothing wrong with being an atheist. I don't see why some people from both sides feel the need to bash each other.
It was a joke.... An old one...

This is why people get tired of Fedora tipping atheists.

Science and religion share absolutely nothing in common. The fact that you started this wall off with that absolute nonsense of a statement tells me I don't need to bother reading the rest of this drivel .

Science is belief only when sufficient evidence has been provided. Religion is belief in the total absence of evidence.

edited for terrible spelling...stupid meds.

Last edited:
AYE. IF.. i could access a time machine i would love to go to the great library before it burned down and scan all those manuscripts with these new imaging techs.

I've always asked myself what if, all that knowledge was never lost? Just that one change could have so much change to our world...

Faith can not be proven wrong, that's why it's called faith.

You don't even know what the Dead Sea scrolls are do you? They are a significant historical discovery. The majority are not Biblical, only 3 of the 800 something manuscripts are books from the Bible, rather they are commentaries on the OT, paraphrases that expand on the Law, rule books of the community, war conduct, thanksgiving psalms, hymnic compositions, benedictions, liturgical texts, and sapiential writings. The scrolls cover a wide number of topics and only a fraction of the scroll that were stored there were found/recoverable, it was a library, that was hidden from the Romans, who had a habit of destroying writings and history of people.
It was a Red Dwarf quote, complete with link to the youtube video.... What the hell is wrong with you people

I find it amusing how people cannot even answer the question of why we are even here in the first place but they sure can tell you the Bible is fake and that there is no God...

It was a Red Dwarf quote, complete with link to the youtube video.... What the hell is wrong with you people

Being a quote changes nothing to it's meaning and intention, and has little to no relation to what the Dead Sea scrolls are. It was a religious jab at something that isn't religious, but historical, even if a (very small) portion of it was of religious significance, but really that's not much of the case and would be more of a textual and linguistic significance.

If you meant something else by it, feel free to enlighten me.

Reactions: Zuul
like this
If you meant something else by it, feel free to enlighten me.

I don't think he/she "meant" anything by it, it was a joke, intended to get a chuckle from those who got it and have a sense of humor. You obviously didn't and/or don't.

Back