I'm impatient. Can anyone relate?

I have on order a custom bracket to properly install the new 480mm rad. It's taking a bit longer to fab than the shop expected it would. I also have on order proper e-Loop fans and more Phanteks Halos to go with them, but I can't be assed to wait for those. I've got a brand new Oculus and a system that needs to be running so I can use it.

Lacking any sense of propriety, decency, or decorum, I've "installed" the rad using - yep - COMMAND STRIPS to the top of my case.

IMG_20181203_232313604.jpg

Lo and behold:

IMG_20181203_232331310.jpg

Command strips, temped-in soft tubing. Running Mayhem's PT2 right now, will actually start the beast up with distilled tomorrow night. I'll mix up a fresh batch of Mayhem's pastel white when I get the bracket and do the install for real. I'm really excited to see what practically doubling the rad capacity will do for me in terms of noise and cooling. This will be the first "properly" radded system I've run.

do it up man! i cant tell you how many times zip ties became permanent fixtures in some of my rigs hehe. tbh it wasnt until my current rig that i actually have screws holding ALL of my rads and fans in place :D
looks like a solid loop btw!

I've driven 4x4s using a log as a ski, driven 100 miles with only an e-brake, had a friend sit on the engine feeding fuel through a carb, and used a winch to hold up my transmission; all made it home just fine.

Command strips on a PC build? You nuts? XD

Did that with my current build, now I gotta figure out how to fill two miss cut holes.

In short all my other cuts lined up where I wanted em, stoped measuring twice and I failed to account for the rad bracket 10mm offset. Had to drill two more holes for the pass throughs...

Sigh

Well, as further proof of my impatience, since we're now in week seven of the projected two-week turnaround time on my metal bracket, I created a two-piece model to be 3D printed.

The metal one will sandwich between the fans a rad, but as the plastic one needed to be printed 5mm thick, it reaches to the top of the rad.

IMG_20181222_165752050.jpg
IMG_20181222_165738712.jpg
IMG_20181222_161508151.jpg
IMG_20181222_161456532.jpg

I'm actually very surprised by how good it looks. I'm pretty sure the metal bracket will look good too:

photo_2018-12-21_15-07-26.jpg

^^^ Nice! Go push/pull on the top rad as well - max that cooling power! (I like overkill when it comes to cooling!... :D)

Back