Ikea desk gallery

What is the cabinet there on the right?

It's a 3-shelf Billy bookcase with doors on it, though I was rather disappointed with its build quality. I gave it away and put an Expedit cabinet over there instead, the expedit felt much more solid without having to be anchored to the wall.

Anyone have the Chrome Plated T-Legs, I can't find images of them anywhere? I looked through a bunch of pages and didn't see them.

Anyone have the Chrome Plated T-Legs, I can't find images of them anywhere? I looked through a bunch of pages and didn't see them.

Is there something that makes you think IKEA makes/made chrome-plated T-legs? To the best of my knowledge, they produce chrome-plated A-legs, but not T-legs.

Thanks again for naming that Ikea Mikael. Got me one from Craigslist this morning, already up and running.

ComputerDesk01-28-2012.jpg

Time to babyproof the corners, and plexiglass to block off the wires. I hate to downsize, but this baby is just too damn curious.

Thanks again for naming that Ikea Mikael. Got me one from Craigslist this morning, already up and running.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb21/Raralith/ComputerDesk01-28-2012.jpg
Time to babyproof the corners, and plexiglass to block off the wires. I hate to downsize, but this baby is just too damn curious.

Looks good! Is there an on/off switch on that UPS on the floor? If so, you may have to put it on the desk (helps with hiding some of the wires too).

Need to leave this thread, the nearest Ikea is like 8hrs away :(

it's worth the drive if you can afford it. i drove from the middle tn area to atlanta to purchase my galant desk. IKEA will ship them, but the cost is unbelievable.

bisdakinla Very nice setup. Im loving the SUGO 8. Should of went with that instead of the FT03, just not many good z68 mitx boards.

bisdakinla Very nice setup. Im loving the SUGO 8. Should of went with that instead of the FT03, just not many good z68 mitx boards.

Thanks Lillimon04, I was able to finish building it just last week. Cable management was pain in the butt!!!!

ComputerDesk01-28-2012.jpg

I have the same monitor, mouse, keyboard, and router. Only a much larger Ikea desk than you..I'll post pics one of these days at the new setup.

it's worth the drive if you can afford it. i drove from the middle tn area to atlanta to purchase my galant desk. IKEA will ship them, but the cost is unbelievable.
The Atlanta IKEA is massive!

I bought my first IKEA desk, a flat Jerker, in 2004 from their online store. At the time, there was no store within 5 states. The Jerker was $130, shipping was $90. Very pricey, but worth it. I loved that desk.

Updated for 2012 finally. I don't think I posted last year...Moved three states over and up, never fully setup the office until a year later.

IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_1044.JPG

IMG_1039.JPG

IMG_1048.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

IMG_1042.JPG

If you can't tell, currently attempting to fix the T61P. It's got some weird issues I've never seen before...

Updated for 2012 finally. I don't think I posted last year...Moved three states over and up, never fully setup the office until a year later....

Pick up a Signum cable tray and hide all those cables. It will look much neater.:)

Is that a Galant corner desk?

I think so. Got it off of Craiglist a year and a half ago. This full desk, the file cabinet to the right, and the lamp all fit in my 1995 Camry with nothing strapped outside of the vehicle...LOL

Pick up a Signum cable tray and hide all those cables. It will look much neater.:)

I've got one under the right side of the desk. No need for the one on the left because those cables are always going mobile when the laptop goes.

I finally picked up a Galant corner desk. Pretty happy with it so far.

IMG_4391.JPG

IMG_4395.JPG

new_desk_blue_red_02-02-2012sm.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone here know if it's safe to use Windex to clean the desk? If not, can anyone here recommend a safe solution to clean the desk?

Wiping the desk down with a damp cloth is always the solution I use. Just be sure to use something soft so you don't risk scratching it up.

Picked up 2 signum cable management baskets for 99 cents each! Huge success!

Back