Ikea desk gallery

Just saw that in a 2012 workstation thread and was like "Umm ... it's a Galant .. but not quite" ... The corner piece looks a little more symmetric than current US Galant -- do both left and right sides have the same depth (a.k.a. width)?

The left side has a depth of 31.5", and the right is 23.5". I've got five more Ikea desks besides this one. I'll take a few pics of those, and post as well.

Aah .. gotta be an illusion then, 31.5" and 23.5" is what I have (I wish 23.5" part was a little deeper)

The wife's desk
d3f1cf3a.jpg

A desk in the basement with extra stuff that's just laying around
5cf55d55.jpg

Spare bedroom used as a home office
06e9af92.jpg

Another Ikea desk with old school TV's that I need to get rid of
5fd3d3cd.jpg

dude, buy a duster :p

Yeah.. I know its dusty. Problem is living in AZ. Gets like that practically overnight. Its not worth it to clean it ever day- I'd rather be gaming or tweaking than cleaning my desk:p
Dust also shows so much more on the dark surface than it does on the lighter desks :-p Bad choice on my part considering my location...

Anyone here ever use the Leksvik? My wife picked one out and she seems to really be liking it. I was pleasantly surprised by the rigidity of the whole thing.

img0772edit2.jpg

Linky.

Last edited:
i just moved and can't decide which desk to get, i've option of Jerker (with just one top shelf) and also few fredrick, can anyone pm me some images of side bars from fredrick. (the fredrick is cheaper than jerker but i think it's less deep) any suggestion.

An old Galant that I bought at an IKEA in Malaysia in '98. It has a different style of connecting the individual pieces and T-legs than the current version.
80d842d4.jpg

And then, after another trip to Ikea and some wire management, here is what it looks like a few days later.
e0ab5001.jpg

Just got these desks last weekend, havent decided how I want to set everything up. Need to make a bracket that will eliminate the middle pole because its just two desks put together. Also the Pink Dell is my mothers, just putting music on it.
DSC_0979.jpg

DSC_0980.jpg

DSC_0977.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. They were only 50 each.

If you're going to remove that post I'd secure that end to the other desk with a couple brackets, just to be safe!

Other than that, looks nice :)

Just got these desks last weekend, havent decided how I want to set everything up. Need to make a bracket that will eliminate the middle pole because its just two desks put together. Also the Pink Dell is my mothers, just putting music on it.
DSC_0979.jpg

DSC_0980.jpg

DSC_0977.jpg

Are those Vika Amon table tops? I currently have one of the larger sizes....Just saw that came out with a new corner table top piece, but it's $50. Ouch.

Be sure to post what you secure them with!

If you're going to remove that post I'd secure that end to the other desk with a couple brackets, just to be safe!

Other than that, looks nice :)
Thanks, been wanting a new desk for a really long time, just couldn't find what I was looking for.
Yeah I was going to, just need to decide how to design them for the best stability. Was also thinking of putting that post I would be replacing directly lined up with the the bracket and all the way to the back of the other desk.
Are those Vika Amon table tops? I currently have one of the larger sizes....Just saw that came out with a new corner table top piece, but it's $50. Ouch.

Be sure to post what you secure them with!
Yes both of them are the larger Vika Amon tops. I saw the corner one for 65 and was thinking of putting the 20 dollar one at the end on it but I think this is a little more real-estate. Probably should of just gone with the corner and little desk to look better but maybe next time. Haha. And I will post some pics when I make and install the bracket/brackets.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w33/momurda01/DSC_0979.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w33/momurda01/DSC_0980.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w33/momurda01/DSC_0977.jpg

If it were my setup, I'd look at grabbing a couple of these and screwing them to the bottom on the inside of the corner, so you can remove that leg. Seems like it would get in the way when using the computer there. I've used similar hardware successfully to join my TV stand that's made out of two Ikea coffee tables.

http://www.homedepot.com/Building-M...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

That's what stopped me from buying two vikka table tops and legs if I were to make a corner desk like that, the darn leg in the middle of the whole thing. And I wasn't sure if tie plates would be enough to hold both tables together unless it was a frame around the whole thing.

Kind of annoyed that you can't buy a vikka to extend a galant as they're different depths. Unless you don't care about the different sizes

Still running the same old invisible computer setup.

2009:
sdEGk.jpg

rCXuU.jpg

x6Hq0.jpg

2012:
kyjcC.jpg

YexR4.jpg

Logitech stick microphone is mounted under the desk; right beneath the keyboard.
Just a USB hub, different monitor, different mouse, different webcam, new headphones, new chair. Been away from the technology world and went into bodybuilding. Planning on getting a new monitor asap and installing this right above where my keyboard is:

iphone_docking_port_100017W.png

usb_flash_audio_ports_100018W.png

Oh, and some monitor back lighting. That's all.

If it were my setup, I'd look at grabbing a couple of these and screwing them to the bottom on the inside of the corner, so you can remove that leg. Seems like it would get in the way when using the computer there. I've used similar hardware successfully to join my TV stand that's made out of two Ikea coffee tables.

http://www.homedepot.com/Building-M...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053
Yeah when I was looking at buying them, the plan was to make a bracket that is strong enough to hold it up while leaning on it so I could take the leg out. Im just hoping it break after I do it.

Very interesting approach. I gave my Jerker to my nephew. I just couldn't fit 3 24" screens. It barely fit my 3 19" monitors.

I believe it was the first version. You can see next to it I have the newer version of the jerker which is wider by about 3inches and doesn't have the slide out desk extenders

That eyefinity setup looks cool H-street.
Are those the 25" I-inc panels?
My brother got one a couple years ago for extremely cheap and he's been pretty happy with it as a secondary for his 360 and videos on the side.

I believe it was the first version. You can see next to it I have the newer version of the jerker which is wider by about 3inches and doesn't have the slide out desk extenders

Yeah, it's the first version. I bought mine in 1995. I added the two extra levels and four if the swinging shelves. My 14 year old nephew has it now and he loves it. I consider it a family heirloom. You know, passing it from generation to generation. I will last that long.

The Jerker is dead. Long live the Jerker.:(

Does anyone know the model name of this desk? I'm trying to downsize from my Gallant and this looks great.

I'm not sure what the name of this desk was. This particular one was purchased from an Ikea in Malaysia in '98. The dimensions are 59" x 31.5". I've got another that is very similar that was purchased at an Ikea in the Chicago area in '08, and the dimensions on that are 55" x 29.5". I looked to see if I still had the receipt in my files, but I didn't.

I was at an Ikea in the Cincinnati area last week, and I did not see any desks like this on display, or in the latest catalog.

It looks similar to IKEA Michael: http://img.dooyoo.de/DE_DE/orig/1/1/5/9/2/1159277.jpg (which was recently discontinued) .. but Michael came with glass covering the entire table top .. again this could be a difference between US and Malaysia versions.

Yeah, now that you said Mikael, that's what I think the second version was called. Who knows, maybe the first one was as well, but the design was tweaked?

Anyway, the Malaysian bought version has glass that fits between the two end panels, whereas the second one has glass that covers the entire top surface. I prefer the first way, although I really have not had a problem with the glass shifting at all on the second one.

It's too bad they discontinued it. It was a very reasonably priced desk from what I recall.

I just got done getting my second workstation setup today with the other glass-topped Ikea desk. Here is the whole setup-
02b16e04.jpg

And here is just the second Ikea glass-topped desk-
ecc73755.jpg

slidesear, very clean setup! What speakers are those? And how do they sound?

Thank you. They are M-Audio CX5's and I like them very much.They are very analytically sounding and might not be for everyone. I believe Guitar Center stocks them and can price match sweetwater.com at 129.99 each.

You should go audition them. They are a killer deal if you end up liking their sound. If you like a lot of bass you might have to add a subwoofer to them, some like them fine without one though.

Thank you. They are M-Audio CX5's and I like them very much.They are very analytically sounding and might not be for everyone. I believe Guitar Center stocks them and can price match sweetwater.com at 129.99 each.

You should go audition them. They are a killer deal if you end up liking their sound. If you like a lot of bass you might have to add a subwoofer to them, some like them fine without one though.
Thanks for the info. I might have to go to one, never even been in one. I was thinking about getting the audio engine a2 or a5s and then maybe adding there sub or a different sub later to complete it. Would these be better than those? Or the m audio m5x a?

Back