Ikea desk gallery

Hi Taikero,

You wouldn't happen to have a product number for that black-brown stain you mentioned would you? I had to match a black-brown Ikea desktop this year and it would have been a heck of a lot easier to have been able to buy their stain in the right color "off the shelf" rather than trying to mix my own. Thanks.

My experience may have been dated. Searching, it seems Ikea no longer sells stains, only paint and a select few outdoor stains. Still, I distinctly remember seeing it when I first picked up this desk several years ago, noting that if I ever scratched it or something, I could repair it with their stain. That may not be the case any longer. If so, sorry for the misinformation.

Searching for this answer, though, I discovered that Ralph Lauren Turrent Stair is a closely-matching paint color which seems to have a lot of fans...

Thanks for the information. I'll have to ask someone at Ikea the next time I head down there. Perhaps they'll be able to shed some light on the subject as well.

My experience may have been dated. Searching, it seems Ikea no longer sells stains, only paint and a select few outdoor stains. Still, I distinctly remember seeing it when I first picked up this desk several years ago, noting that if I ever scratched it or something, I could repair it with their stain. That may not be the case any longer. If so, sorry for the misinformation.

Searching for this answer, though, I discovered that Ralph Lauren Turrent Stair is a closely-matching paint color which seems to have a lot of fans...

It's not discontinued if that's what you're talking about. They're transitioning the site over to a new catalog.

Do you have confirmation?

My wife and I are building our next home and I'm looking to get a new Galant desk for my home office. I too was frustrated when I couldn't find it on their website.

Do you have confirmation?

My wife and I are building our next home and I'm looking to get a new Galant desk for my home office. I too was frustrated when I couldn't find it on their website.
It was posted on Ikeafans a little bit back. Also, people have stated here that it's best to go to the store where they most likely have the desk even if in the worst case scenario, it's discontinued.

PS, anybody with a signum: do they include the screws needed or you're on your own for that?

It was posted on Ikeafans a little bit back. Also, people have stated here that it's best to go to the store where they most likely have the desk even if in the worst case scenario, it's discontinued.

Thanks!!

Unforunately, I won't be getting the desk for another couple of months. I may have to make the trek up there to confirm what our store is doing. If it indeed is going away, I may just purchase and put away. My current office doesn't need a new desk and it wouldn't fit anyway.

I'm planning on heading to the local IKEA store this weekend anyways to get a SIGNUM. I'm kinda tired of having my cables at my feet :p

I'll check if I get around to the store if they discontinued it.

Has anyone custom fabb'd monitor arm brackets for the sidepoles on the jerker? I may look into doing this but if someone else started it it'd be cool to see.

Has anyone custom fabb'd monitor arm brackets for the sidepoles on the jerker? I may look into doing this but if someone else started it it'd be cool to see.

Look at post 1264 of this thread. (page 64 I think) I've thought about doing the same.

Last edited:
I reused the top of my ancient desk and I got 2 tables from ikea :)
P1010951.jpg

Hey guys,

Looking to get my first IKEA desk - the 63" Galant. Can anyone tell me if this will support a monitor arm with 2 20 lb 24" monitors on it?

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Looking to get my first IKEA desk - the 63" Galant. Can anyone tell me if this will support a monitor arm with 2 20 lb 24" monitors on it?

Thanks!

Yes, it will - easily. I have 3x 30" Dell 3008wfp's on my galant and it's fine.

While I am not in the same league as yenniedn there, yes I have 3 x 24" monitors on three arms from Monoprice and could easily hold a lot more.

IkeaDesk.jpg

Love those ikea desk. Got it for free from out the street. I guess someone couldn't take it in the car.

I just got the exact same desk off craigslist for $50, the only exception is my drawer is on the right instead of the left. Will post pic when I get a chance.

Thanks guys, right now I'm in the market for a bigger TV and am going to run all those wires through the wall so if you think that is clean, just wait till I'm done ;)

Also the speakers are going to be switched out with some new Studio Monitors, I just have to save a couple more paychecks for some quality ish :)

Thanks guys, right now I'm in the market for a bigger TV and am going to run all those wires through the wall so if you think that is clean, just wait till I'm done ;)

Also the speakers are going to be switched out with some new Studio Monitors, I just have to save a couple more paychecks for some quality ish :)

Well, how's the P2370HD working out for ya? I'm wanting to buy one because I'm looking to get rid of a 20 inch Sony Trintron TV I have on my desk that's has my SNES, Cube and PS2 hooked up to it and also jump to a larger monitor.

I just got the exact same desk off craigslist for $50, the only exception is my drawer is on the right instead of the left. Will post pic when I get a chance.

easy to move it if you want. There should be proper mounting holes already there.

Well, how's the P2370HD working out for ya? I'm wanting to buy one because I'm looking to get rid of a 20 inch Sony Trintron TV I have on my desk that's has my SNES, Cube and PS2 hooked up to it and also jump to a larger monitor.

It really is great, the only thing I would change about it is having one or two more HDMI ports as it only comes with one. It also has an amazing picture so I would highly recommend it. If you have any other questions about it go ahead and ask :)

It really is great, the only thing I would change about it is having one or two more HDMI ports as it only comes with one. It also has an amazing picture so I would highly recommend it. If you have any other questions about it go ahead and ask :)

Awesome, can you maintain 4:3 scaling on it? That's my one concern as I'm gonna be using a SNES on there.

Also, for the dudes who were worried about the Galant being discontinued, it's back up on the Canadian site so there ya go :cool:

I have a question for someone with a galant.

From what I can tell, the one leg of the "L" (the leg that it attached to the main piece with the curve) is deeper than the other leg of the L (which, without the extension is not really a leg so much as a stub).

I am interested in putting the extension piece on the thinner leg, is it interchangeable or is there a specific one for a specific leg?

Thanks

For those who have the Lack + Capita stand setup, I'm wondering if it's better for stability to mount the legs a little closer to the middle or if I should mount the legs closer towards the corner like Mr. Green did. Any thoughts?

I have had several various Lack + Capita stands for different sized Lacks and different height Capitas but I always put them on the edges and never had any problems with stability. Well other than the location itself not being completely flat or even but wasn't the Lack + Capita to blame in that situation.

Man I hate that the Capita legs in Canada are freaking $17 compared to $10 in the U.S. -__-

I would bring up health care... butttt sounds like you guys might loose the upper hand there : (

Back