Ikea desk gallery

Hey w1retap, how deep are each of those drawers? Are they the hanging file size? I'm looking for something under my desk, and that looks pretty damn close to what i want. Pics of inside? How deep are each of the drawers? (depth and height)_

w1retap

Theres reason for the three drawer is because i have it at the minute and as u may think .... its hard too fit stuff in a 11 x 9 ft room :)

How high does the T legs go ?

Untitled-1.jpg

desk-ward.jpg

BU22rwQB2kKGrHgoH-DEjlLlzuWBKPoZjzd.jpg

^^^ I seen it here and was wondering...:confused:

I need a bigger desk and was wanting one that wrapped arounded, in the corner with enough room for legs and at each end, the main problem is :( i have no where else to put the drawers, and thought under there would be great.:D

I would idealy like a large big corner desk, or some thing deeper than 70 cm :rolleyes:

Price range within £140 :rolleyes: , i am only 16 .

Heres my Jerker setup from Uni. I'm back to my old Galant (I'll post pics later), but my mother decided to use it in her office and shes quite happy with it.

(the image is distorted because I cropped it from a panorama of the whole room)

unidesk.jpg

Here is a pic of my room, we're almost finished with the house so bare with me on the pics, still need all the crown molding, base molding and window trim. Still a few more things around the room and one more piece (quarter round to finish the right side off). And my new monitors 2 30" Ultrasharps should be here any day :) yah!!

roomr.jpg

roomm.jpg

rooml.jpg

Nice tablet you got there. Also, are you gonna leave those rear channels where they are? You got the space, you could move them to the edges of the desk and get the most out of that 5.1 setup.

Also, try stitching the shots together with autostitch. I just did it for my room pano and it turned out great. It should work well for a setup like yours.

Here is a pic of my room, we're almost finished with the house so bare with me on the pics, still need all the crown molding, base molding and window trim. Still a few more things around the room and one more piece (quarter round to finish the right side off). And my new monitors 2 30" Ultrasharps should be here any day :) yah!!

The rear channels are not going to stay like that, i literly just got done cutting the 2 table tops for the end pieces and just sat them down, not even screwed in yet lol. I'm planning moving the rear channel to the back of the room. The panarama wouldn't work well enough for me seeing as though each shot is a different exposure and wouldn't come out right. so i just posted up lol.

check craigslist or kijiji. there are usually a few kickin around there. I got my black jerker for $50 off of cl, so you may be able to score a deal or two.

i'm workin with the old school jerker table from ikea; i happened to pick it up at 75$ on clearance. should have bought two knowing it was this great of a desk :(

anywho, jerk table, malm 4 drawer dresser and 2 lacks all in black/brown finish.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9001/91936284.jpg
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3200/33210764.jpg
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/5571/54388619.jpg

Yes it's ikea's own 'home planner' program, it includes all of their range and can be used for bedroom, office or kitchen, its very useful all you have to do is type the measurements of your room and just drag your item's in to the space.

Very simple and intuitive :)

I put this desk together for a work area in my basement. Back in uni someone was throwing out a jerker frame so I rescued that. I then hit the As-Is section and found this massive table top thing. its top was some ghastly shade of orange, but the bottom (now top) is a bit more presentable. The top was approx $10, so the whole desk basically cost me $10.

basementdesk.jpg

I put this desk together for a work area in my basement. Back in uni someone was throwing out a jerker frame so I rescued that. I then hit the As-Is section and found this massive table top thing. its top was some ghastly shade of orange, but the bottom (now top) is a bit more presentable. The top was approx $10, so the whole desk basically cost me $10.

basementdesk.jpg

Nice! Where did you get that lapm from?

Ikea as-is as well. It didn't have all of its tension springs or a base, but I managed to find substitutes in the garage. I think it only set me back $5 or so.

I just looked at the lamps ikea has now. i cant say any of them really do anything for me. they also dont seem to have anything that takes a regular incandescent bulb, and thats a big deal breaker.

Nice! Where did you get that lapm from?

Last edited:
how does the Summera computer holdee attach to either galant/ or other ikea desk ?

thinking of getting a kitchen worktop n wouldn't mind moutin my computer at the side.

I'm double posting this in both the Ikea and 2009 Workstation threads.

My previous post of my workstation with all of the Ikea items used besides the Frederic can be seen here: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1148966&page=83

Scroll down to post 1653 for the setup and posts 1656 & 1657 for info on the plexiglass and my custom made keyboard tray I made.

On with the pics.

Front View (Dell 2007FPW & 17 LCD TV, EEE PC 1000H, DVD player)

Front View w/ Ikea Lamp & accent CCFL lighting.

Side Desk Area (Vika Amon Table) (see below for questions about the hardware)

The whole Area. The chair is one I got from Office Depot last summer for about $200. I added some sheap Target pillows to make it even more comfortable.

I built a 1'x2' box out of scrap wood yesterday to put in the very back corner. I had my UPS and other power strip on the floor back there and it was a huge PITA to unplug anything. The box sits about 9" below the desk so the plugs are much easier to reach whenever I need to unplug something, usually my laptop cord. I'm going to get some 8" Capita legs (like the ones I already have for my shelf on the Table you see) and another shelf piece to make a small shelf over the "power" box I built so I can hide it better and put my touch lamp on it.

Cable management with the Signum piece (not really in the pic) and tucked into the Frederic as well. You can see my DIY keyboard tray as well. The cabinet under my table I found off of Craigslist for $50 and added an interior shelf, a top and back out of 1/4 in plywood and painted black. I have 2x 500 GB WD Mybook's on it hidden away since they are a few years old and rarely get used anyway (backup purposes). My 2 WD Passports (black and blue cases) are stored on it as well. I only use them for travel. There are two eSATA drive encloasures in this pic as well in the top left corner.

On the Vika Amon Table (Left to Right):

New 1TB WD MyBook (Used to backup Media, I'll explain in a sec)
Asus G1S Notebook, my primary machine, used for gaming in all it's limited glory.
USB 7 switch Hub

3x 1 TB WD MyBooks. One has all of my Music, Movies, and a few TV shows on it. The other has important files, backups, games saves, and all the usual crap one digitally accumulates over the years. The third one I bought in Afghanistan while I was deployed and it had all the music, movies, stuff I got from people there and My TV shows copied over from other drive. It was all lost when my laptop decided to crash ( I blame Vista and it's shitty memory management) while the drive was connected. I haven't reformatted it out of some hope that maybe I can get it back but so far my efforts have been zero. I bought the new one on the left to copy all my movies, music, pictures and shows to as a backup just in case it happened again.

you can either clamp it to the side of the desk or clamp it to the galant underframes. be sure to double check if your case can fit in its holder. its a fixed width and it may not accommodate some wider cases.

how does the Summera computer holdee attach to either galant/ or other ikea desk ?

thinking of getting a kitchen worktop n wouldn't mind moutin my computer at the side.

Lovely thread :p
Anyway, do you think the corner galant, with 2 80x60 (I believe) extensions will be able to hold a 32" lcd on one of its side?
I had something like that in my mind:
pc screen on one side/printer+xbox in the round middle/32 lcd on the other side, in the direction of my bed/
Thanks/

as long as the 32" on the "other side" is the wider side, shouldn't be a problem.

new desk (thanks IKEA!). still moving in so not everything is put away or set up on the desk yet. (still need to build a stand for my center speaker rather than stack it on top of used CD spindles....

pic is 3 cropped (poorly) together since i couldnt back up enough to fit the entire area in.

Last edited:
Lovely thread :p
Anyway, do you think the corner galant, with 2 80x60 (I believe) extensions will be able to hold a 32" lcd on one of its side?
I had something like that in my mind:
pc screen on one side/printer+xbox in the round middle/32 lcd on the other side, in the direction of my bed/
Thanks/

easily. take a looka t my pic above (galant corner with extension you mentioned). ive got a 24" and a 19" lcd and could easily fit more. the galant desks are huge.

I just moved. I had a neat desk before, dark gray with a glass top. I got it at OfficeMax or someplace. It was flimsy and cheap. But then the other day my dad was wrapping it up so it didn't get busted up in the moving truck and I heard a crash and "Oops!" I went to see what happened and was greeted with the remains of my desk. It collapsed in upon itself because he wrapped it with plastic wrap, as tight as he possibly could. No spacer to keep the legs apart or anything.

I spent a week with just my netbook before I got ahold of a nice lady on Craigslist who was selling her Jerker, although she never mentioned the name in the ad. It was listed as just an Ikea desk. My little brother just got his 1985 Ford F150 transfered over to his name and got it insured, so we went on over and picked up this desk for $80.

In addition to the desk, I spent about $90 on the chair from Staples, $22 for some 3/4" MDF at Lowes, and $27 for some carpet and carpet glue, also at Lowes. I'm going to make my own chair mat because I hate dents and cracks in the plastic ones.

If anybody has the swivel shelves or the long shelves or any other part of the desk and would like to sell it, please contact me. I only received what's shown in the picture.

My dad is now envious of my desk, and I'm keeping an eye out on Craigslist for another one. If I find a better one I'll give him mine, after I've salvaged whatever parts I can from it ;)

Btw, how easy would it be to replace the desk's wooden parts? I don't like the color, I'd prefer something darker for the shelf and desk top.
Also, how easy would it be to build my own shelves and other side-mountables? I've got many ideas playing in my head after reading this thread

Been checking out this forum for a long time but to afraid to post. But now I need your opinions on something before I go and plunk down a chuck of change at Ikea. What do you think of this layout? I have the desk already (with extentions) and I am think about going and getting the Storage Units and Wall cabinets. Does this look ok? Even with the gaps between the storage units and wall cabinets? I could lose the right side extention but I really hate doing that. Let me know what you all think.

officelayout2.jpg

officelayout3.jpg

Last edited:
looks pretty good but you know you lose a bit of usable space using the round ends instead of square end extensions...

I agree, but I already have the round ends extentions and I don't want to have to buy another extention. I like the length of my desk as it is. Even with the rounded extention. Hey I got the desk for $100 so I can't complain to much about it. I just really need storage, big time. Its a small room so this is what I came up with.

What about moving the desk into the corner and moving the other storage next to the other one... seems to make more sense... atleast to me... D=

I can't really move the desk into a corner. On the right wall there is a window and on the left wall is where you enter the room. There isn't a door, only 3 ft walls on either side with an opening. The oppisite wall has a flat panel tv and entertainment center. SO this is kinda my only option. I like the idea of having the wall cabinets over the desk (currently I have shelves but I hate that you can see evrything).

Last edited:
Here's how the room is right now. You get a better idea of things. It's a small room. But I need storage. And yes the left side extention is going the wrong way. Like I said I can't complain I got the whole desk cheap.

room.jpg

Here's how the room is right now. You get a better idea of things. It's a small room. But I need storage. And yes the left side extention is going the wrong way. Like I said I can't complain I got the whole desk cheap.

room.jpg

same desk (well different extensions) same chair.... same (or close to it) room color..... i guess great minds think alike :)

LOL! Exactly the same chair. My room color is a bit darker but still blue. The desks are close. Great minds DO think alike. How do you like your chair? I just got mine like 2 weeks ago. I had an car accident so I had to find something that supported my lower back and neck better than what I had. So far it does the job but I', having to get use to the fake leather (my one one was cloth).

Back