Ikea desk gallery

I suggest you to return the Malm bed frame as it will not last.

oh? mind giving me more information on that? wife really liked it, and it's another hour drive back to the ikea store that i would rather not make

I just got a Black/brown/silver JERKER from craigslist. 20 bucks from a guy who is moving to Indonesia tomorrow. Basically a steal. It's larger than i thought though, i'll post pics when i get my setup complete. Does anyone know how many holes high i should mount the table top? What height do you guys have it at? I'm 5'6" with fairly short legs. Thanks!

Does anyone know of a shelf (similar/same as the top shelf) that will fit this style jerker?

ikea-jerker-asztal.jpg

I'm wanting to get an additional shelf to put a little below the one I already have.

probably check craigslist. ikea stopped selling them and all jerker things awhile ago

probably check craigslist. ikea stopped selling them and all jerker things awhile ago

Yea, I've only seen full jerkers for sale. At this point I might just buy one and use it for "parts." That's so sad.

There is one that comes up on ebay, but the price is marked up so high. Even the swing shelves which I have been looking for sells for $50 each.

Luckily I got mine from someone who was throwing away the desk for free- on Craigslist.

honestly, I had to buy a 2nd jerker for my shelves.

also, Rev 1 jerker and Rev 2 jerker arn't the same lengths.

I mismatched them but I had to use extra long screws + tons of washers

But this also means i have tons of knicknacks i have no use for shelves and kb tray.

I just bought a full jerker with the top shelf on craigslist today. If anyone wants a full jerker like the picture above with magazine holders and the side computer holder (not movable shelf) for like $50 in houston send me a pm ;)

Here's what I did with the donor jerker. It's all temporary because I'm moving soon but I just wanted to get an idea of what it'd look like when I move in to the new place. I still have the old swing out shelves and the old computer (giving it to a family member...don't want to get rid of the Coolermaster ATC-111 just yet!). Also planning on getting some Swan M200MkII speakers to replace this sony system. The sony system actually sounds really nice (10 years old now...crazy) but I was something simpler and will put this system in a spare bedroom.

OLD:
old_desk.jpg

NEW:
new_desk.jpg

went back to ikea today to get the cable organizer today and found a nice piece of the mikael corner desk for 3 dollars from as-is, 25 buck in vika legs and we have another desk for the wife, gonna try to spice it up a bit with the lack shelf/capita legs combo

went back to ikea today to get the cable organizer today and found a nice piece of the mikael corner desk for 3 dollars from as-is, 25 buck in vika legs and we have another desk for the wife, gonna try to spice it up a bit with the lack shelf/capita legs combo

I stopped by to get the cable organizer as well and ended up getting something else and did this:

This is 2 of the dioder strips on top and 2 on bottom (not the best placement as you can see the individual bulbs on the bottom...I just used tape for a temp mock up):
2_top_outer_2_bottom.jpg

This is a photoshop of 4 on top and 4 on bottom. I like it but that would mean 2 units and 2 power switches.
4_top_4_bottom.jpg

I'll probably just leave it 2 on top and 2 on bottom. I almost wanted to get another set for the top most shelf as well but that might be overkill and, again, 2 power switches. They also have one that can do 7 colors but I know I'll only want white.

Links to these in case anyone wants them:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50119407

here's the 3 dollar piece we got at Ikea
3586115937_660b31acd0.jpg

3586116043_c78d7c78ac.jpg

3586924614_5558753d87.jpg

the finished product
3586141207_5bd8765342.jpg

and then next to it is my new work area
3586141247_9d835fae4b.jpg

3586949460_0867a2be96.jpg

Danke,
yes yes.... I'm not too flattered about the white, but the room it's going in... it will fit pretty well I suppose. The nice thing is it is designed for two computers unlike quite a few in the Ikea catalogue, although I'm sure with some Gallant builds there is ample room.

Last edited:
getting this desk [ http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/81612_PE206454_S4.jpg ] hopefully tommorow, delivery guy called me today and asked if I'd be home. It's not as cool as a Jerker or Gallant, but it's a nice set up for me the ol' lady...

we actually looked at that model at the ikea store, but decided against it because when we shook the desk it looked unstable, but i didn't notice the back leg in your picture, perhaps that was the cause of it

Both tables are Ikea.

Got this one back in 2001 and not sure what it name was.
61139692.jpg

41953465.jpg

The table that the Cosmos is on is actually a Kitchen Cart. I had little space in my old place and did not want to put my new computer on the ground so that is the only thing I could find that is narrorw to fit. I liked it so much that I kept in in my new place :)

Old Place
61659769.jpg

New Place (yes same piant, I love the color)
68475446.jpg

Last edited:
2nd desk Flarke (main desk in storage..old white with gray legs and a gray shelf can't remember what the name is.) can't remember what the chair is called either.. Flarke TV Stand for the HTPC=)
IMG_0353.jpg

Last edited:
2nd desk Flarke (main desk in storage..old white with gray legs and a gray shelf can't remember what the name is.) can't remember what the chair is called either.. Flarke TV Stand for the HTPC=)
IMG_0353.jpg

Whoa! Messy!

I'm about to join the Ikea desk club. Going to go pick up one of the straight 63" Galants from Ikea. Good price compared to what Office Max and such stores charge for their desks and tables. The Galant is plain and simple, no frills, sturdy legs and support.

Was looking on craigslist but too many flakes in my experience with it and everyone is asking way too much.

Will this chest of drawers fit under this gallant desk and still have enough space left for feet ?:p

desk.jpg

Will this work or will i need the 80 x 60 extension.

Point to take in to consideration my room is only around 11 ft x 9ft :(

Many thanks nathan

the "problem" with Galant-series it that there is a metall bar (if you use those T-legs, if you use the angled legs it's a metal frame) under the table. So you can't put that shelf undernieth.

I don't seem to have my wire management pics online any more... *googling*

This is some cheaper model, my Galant had a thick black metall bar to stabilize it.

2717499774_f0c6d8d94f.jpg

Ozzy: I don't think you'll have room for anything if you put that drawer under there.

KnaSen: That model is a newer model from your old Galant, it's not cheaper model.

I think the T legs are a lot more stable the A legs.

Will this chest of drawers fit under this gallant desk and still have enough space left for feet ?:p

I have that storage unit and it's 27.5" tall, it would barely fit under the desk and like the other guys said, you wouldn't be able to open the top drawer. Unless you pushed it all the way back, you also would not have much room for your feet under there.

Back